Can anybody tell me of any experiences they've had with International Sim cards and calls. The world over, what works where and what it costs. Good value or waste of time. Poor service or works in the most inaccessible places.

Unlocked users please. All so any WIFI hot spot world over experiences. I'm finding that wifi is not a big thing at my new address, but was at my last. Going from 3-4G 95% of the time to 2G 60% is not a great thing. Going from unlimited everything to exceedingly limited everything is also not fun for contracts either.

So if we all chat about the boring bit of phones we might just have better experiences.
    12-13-14 07:55 PM
    Depends where you go and where you are and how good the signal is.

Don't expect too much in some third world countries but prepaid is generally available in most countries.

Just get what you can and make use of Wifi where possible not only for Internet quality but also for battery life.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 04:04 AM
    In Europe always pays to purchase local prepaid card in each country on arrival. For 10-30 Euros you can get few GB of data and some minutes + texts. You have Google each country the offers though.
    Example Vodafone Czech offers prepaid 10GB, free calls on-net for EUR28.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 06:17 AM
    In Europe always pays to purchase local prepaid card in each country on arrival. For 10-30 Euros you can get few GB of data and some minutes + texts. You have Google each country the offers though.
    Example Vodafone Czech offers prepaid 10GB, free calls on-net for EUR28.

Posted via CB10
    In 2013, Vodafone UK offered prepaid 100mb of data anywhere in Europe for �20. They might even have a better deal these days.

EE has 200 mb per 7 days for �12 so 14 days would cost �24 for 400 mb.

Might be cheaper than a SIM in each country if you are country hopping the EU.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 06:53 AM
    I haven't traveled internationally with my Passport yet, but one of the reasons I've stayed with BlackBerry is that they always work overseas with little hassle and little cost. I dial 611 for AT&T, tell them where I'm traveling, and they hook me up. I think it's about 30 bucks a month for a couple gigs of data, phone calls (at my own number, even) and a limited number of SMS messages (which I never use when traveling anyway because of BBM). Your carrier may vary.
    12-14-14 08:56 AM
    In 2013, Vodafone UK offered prepaid 100mb of data anywhere in Europe for �20. They might even have a better deal these days.

EE has 200 mb per 7 days for �12 so 14 days would cost �24 for 400 mb.

Might be cheaper than a SIM in each country if you are country hopping the EU.

Posted via CB10
    Agree that if you are country hopping, there would be more cost effective to get deal like one you mentioned.
    If you stay week or longer in one country, I would recommend local prepaid, though. Or dust-off your BBOS phone :-)

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 12:41 PM