I got my first AT&T Passport on 7/31. I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about it (Switched from a Z10). After a couple days, I had fallen in love. Everything was so much faster and smoother. I also was getting an average battery life of 25 hours. I was in pure bliss. Except for the fact that Maps would never work. I didn't realize how much I used the Maps application until I couldn't use it anymore. I did some research and found out a lot of Crackberry users also had this problem, but I still wanted to exchange for a new one because I was under the 14 day exchange period and I had already gotten a scuff on the "chrome" bezel. All I thought was, now I can start over and not scratch up my device.

Welp, I don't know if I made the right decision. The new Passport I received was great... for a little. The Maps application works now, but my average battery life is more along the lines of 12-14 hours and I have a horrible problem with the blacklight flickering after the phone has been charging. I don't know what to do. It was not easy to get this new phone. I had the restocking fee waived and it took probably an hour and a half at the AT&T store. Is it worth to try to get a new one again? AT&T can give me a certified like-new device for no cost since it is under warranty, but I feel jipped because I bought the phone only about 30 days ago, I shouldn't be having these problems with a brand new device.

I need some guidance, or some possible solutions to help me figure out if these "issues" can be fixed or if I should try to exchange for another brand new device.
    08-31-15 08:19 AM
    Sounds like device specific issues. Before my SE passport I had an ATT version with no issues. I would get a replacement device.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 08:59 AM
    I'd also get another replacement. You can have bad luck with any device, although IMHO BB is getting worse with the latest devices. I am waiting to get my fourth Classic now, because the first three either had heavy problems or died quickly.
    08-31-15 09:36 AM
    Maps is a heavy load on any phone if you use that alot. For the flickering, I would make sure you are upgraded to the latest att OS. that will stop that. If not I would hook it up to link. Take out all the stuff you care about and reset back to factory load. Security wipe and let it update to the latest OS. Your problems will be gone.

Dont forget that the phone will need to index the OS and sort everything after the OS update. When that happens you will see a slow nose dive of the battery. A reboot and recharge makes it new again.
    08-31-15 10:50 AM
    You returned a perfectly good phone cause the map was not working???? That is not a hardware issue and some more research and you would have found that an OS update fix that problem. Now you most likely have a refurbished phone and not a new one.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 12:39 PM