But this is the only online community for tech I'm part of as I love BB

For a mac computer is there anything free like docs to go?

I got a new computer and microsoft is screwing me. I have a paid version of office...when I got my new computer they needed the office code again which I don't have as I must have thrown away the box.

I asked if I can pull this code off my old mac....of course not.

Buggars

Any help is appreciated...

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    05-20-15 09:05 PM
    Meant is there anything free to replace microsoft office

05-20-15 09:09 PM
    You have a valid point to hate asking that question here...

But anyway, as far as I'm concerned, you cannot and Microsoft will not allowed us to use the same code to another PC if we just purchased only a 'single-user license' since this is only granting the user the right to install the software on only one machine. You must have a multiple-users license to use the same code to other PC. It's pure business... nothing personal...

You have only two options... either you purchase another code from Microsoft (which is of course the best recommended option) or look somewhere else for free version...

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 09:34 PM
    Try Apache OpenOffice.

It's pretty good... better than MS Office in many ways.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 09:40 PM
    You can edit documents online with a windows live account. live.com
    05-20-15 09:49 PM
    Thanks for the reply guys...I will look into these and thanks for not flaming me.

You would think with an hour on the phone with microsoft people they would have told me the license is only good for one PC. I didn't know that...if that's the case I am ok paying for it again.

Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    05-20-15 10:20 PM
    Thanks for the reply guys...I will look into these and thanks for not flaming me.

You would think with an hour on the phone with microsoft people they would have told me the license is only good for one PC. I didn't know that...if that's the case I am ok paying for it again.

I m pretty sure that the license key can be obtained from the windows registry. Google it. Also if you have got single user license key, it will not work in your Mac.

Posted via the amazing 'Red' BlackBerry Passport
    05-20-15 10:45 PM
    I got a new computer and microsoft is screwing me. I have a paid version of office...when I got my new computer they needed the office code again which I don't have as I must have thrown away the box.

If you lost or misplaced your product key, that is unfortunate but it is not the fault of Microsoft. The documents in the box advised you to save the product key. There certainly are methods to retrieve the key from PCs and Mac computers but it's a difficult process due to the data being under encryption. If you have an Outlook account, you'll have access to basic Word Online, including Excel, PowerPoint, etc. OpenOffice is a free alternative to MS Office but nothing is better than the latter. Only you had proper access to your product key, for good reason.

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Passport
    05-20-15 11:12 PM
    You could try Apple software (Pages, Numbers, Keynote) it's free on all new macs

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 11:27 PM
    You can also download QuickOffice for free. Windows only I think.
    05-23-15 10:06 AM
    LibreOffice?

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 12:07 PM
    But this is the only online community for tech I'm part of as I love BB

For a mac computer is there anything free like docs to go?

Buggars

Any help is appreciated...

What version of MS Office for Mac do you have currently 2011 or 2014?
    05-23-15 06:48 PM
    Open Office is the next best thing to MS Office

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    05-23-15 07:02 PM
    Unless they have changed how they do things, or unless they do things differently on macs, most software has an "about" section that will list version info and product key. I used to get the info from there before reformatting and reinstalling my windows OS, tho eventually I finally made a text document with the info so I didn't have to open all the programs individually. Sometimes it is on a sticker on the software cd cover also.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 07:11 PM
    You have a valid point to hate asking that question here...

But anyway, as far as I'm concerned, you cannot and Microsoft will not allowed us to use the same code to another PC if we just purchased only a 'single-user license' since this is only granting the user the right to install the software on only one machine. You must have a multiple-users license to use the same code to other PC. It's pure business... nothing personal...

You have only two options... either you purchase another code from Microsoft (which is of course the best recommended option) or look somewhere else for free version...

Posted via CB10
    This isn't true at all. I bought MS office, and I have downloaded and installed it (and reinstalled it) on more than one machine using my MS account.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 07:27 PM
    What version of MS Office for Mac do you have currently 2011 or 2014?
    The latest version of MS Office available for Mac is 2011.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 08:54 PM
    Open Office is the next best thing to MS Office

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    In many ways it's much better... especially for spreadsheets.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 08:57 PM
    Office 365 is 99 bucks a year and you can install it on up to 5 macs or pcs as well as any mobile device including BlackBerry

This includes the newest office for mac 2016 (no longer 2011)

This also gives you UNLIMITED storage on OneDrive, yes really unlimited

I use onenote on my passport and the other apps work great as well

If you just do limited things online office apps are free

If you are looking for open source, either openoffice or its branch LibreOffice is just as powerful as the MS office suite

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 09:24 PM
    Office 365 is 99 bucks a year and you can install it on up to 5 macs or pcs as well as any mobile device including BlackBerry

This includes the newest office for mac 2016 (no longer 2011)

This also gives you UNLIMITED storage on OneDrive, yes really unlimited

I use onenote on my passport and the other apps work great as well

If you just do limited things online office apps are free

If you are looking for open source, either openoffice or its branch LibreOffice is just as powerful as the MS office suite

Posted via CB10
    Preview here:
    Microsoft Office Products for Mac, Apple | Office 365
    05-23-15 09:48 PM
    I know somebody already mentioned LibreOffice. I use it everyday in a production environment and like it better that Office 2011. Decent compatibility with MS Office formats too.

Since it's free download and give it a try

http://www.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-fresh/

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 10:03 PM
    This isn't true at all. I bought MS office, and I have downloaded and installed it (and reinstalled it) on more than one machine using my MS account.

Posted via CB10
    Then Microsoft is lying about their 'single use license agreement'... which is actually good for us...

But for the sake of sharing our personal experiences, I have already replaced and upgraded my laptop to latest specs. And unfortunately, my Microsoft Office single user code is no longer working to my new laptop.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 10:08 PM
    Wow, didn't know that. Have you given it a try? Good? Bad? Mediocre? I'm so excited

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 04:20 AM