With a square screen, why would you rotate the device to "landscape" ??? What purpose does it serve?

Richard
    10-01-14 10:02 AM
    the browser for example, where you can use the capacitive keyboard as the scroll bar.
    10-01-14 10:04 AM
    The device is comfortable to hold in landscape mode, using the keypad as a vertical scrollbar.

Very nice for browsing through Twitter & Facebook feeds, and I use it a lot when using reader mode on Web articles.

It doesn't sound like a sexy selling feature, but I really quite like it.

Posted via CB10
    troubauk likes this.
    10-01-14 10:11 AM
    http://crackberry.com/sites/crackber...rt_Three_0.jpg

With a square screen, why would you rotate the device to "landscape" ??? What purpose does it serve?

Richard
    Another appy or Andy guy!

Addicted to Z30 - 2B631AB7
    10-01-14 10:12 AM
    the browser for example, where you can use the capacitive keyboard as the scroll bar.
    I love this feature of the Passport. I use it all the time.

Posted using my FAB Passport. Loving it!
    10-01-14 10:12 AM
    The device is comfortable to hold in landscape mode, using the keypad as a vertical scrollbar.
    Not having tried one out (not in the market for PP; I'm very happy with my Z30) I wouldn't have thought of that. Not a hugely compelling feature but definitely sounds like a useful one!

Another appy or Andy guy!
    Not sure what you mean there, if it's an insult please elaborate so I can respond appropriately.

Richard
    10-01-14 04:24 PM
    Scrolling in landscape mode was actually surprisingly pleasurable. The keypad is longer in landscape mode which allows you to scroll more of a page with a single longer flick of the thumb. Also the screen isn't partially blocked by your thumb while scrolling like on an all-touch device. It's easy on the eyes and a sort of visual relief to be able to see the whole screen while it scrolls up/down. It doesn't hit you til you try it.

Im stilling waiting for Oct 6th for shopblackberry to ship my passport but I tried one out in a Telus store on launch day. I can foresee I will be scrolling in landscape alot on my passport.
    10-01-14 07:20 PM
    It's a little more comfortable to hold and scroll with one hand when in "landscape" mode. Also, you can one hand type like that too
    10-01-14 07:27 PM