So I've been using my Passport since it launched in London. I stumbled upon my Q10 and ok the screen is much smaller but overall the phone is really more usable, easily fit my hands and my pocket. Sure anyone will tell you the Passoprt fit in you jeans pocket... that is, if you don't dare moving...or it will turn on and press keystrokes... Somehow the Q10 feels more natural than my Passport.

I guess after 2 months I still can't quite get used to the Passport's width. So i'm thinking about going back to my Q10 eagerly waiting for the 10.3.1 update with Blend support.

Has anyone done the same or is considering going back to the Q10 ?
    11-21-14 05:00 PM
    Interesting.... my friend just did the same thing he got the Passport right away and after 2 weeks went back to his Q10.
    11-21-14 05:30 PM
    So I've been using my Passport since it launched in London. I stumbled upon my Q10 and ok the screen is much smaller but overall the phone is really more usable, easily fit my hands and my pocket. Sure anyone will tell you the Passoprt fit in you jeans pocket... that is, if you don't dare moving...or it will turn on and press keystrokes... Somehow the Q10 feels more natural than my Passport.

I guess after 2 months I still can't quite get used to the Passport's width. So i'm thinking about going back to my Q10 eagerly waiting for the 10.3.1 update with Blend support.

Has anyone done the same or is considering going back to the Q10 ?
    Nope haven't touched my Q10 in weeks. Barely use my Zed30 as well just to small. I always carry my passport in my back pocket and no pocket dials yet! Maybe turn you advanced interactions off and maybe swipe to unlock.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 05:42 PM
  4. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Find a different way to carry it rather than in your pocket or shirt... small handbag, wallet type product etc.. makes all the difference.

Has anyone returned to the Q10 ?-img_20141122_084142.jpg

I carry mine in this...

Posted via CB10
    NtotheK and vvvhhh8 like this.
    11-21-14 05:42 PM
    Find a different way to carry it rather than in your pocket or shirt... small handbag, wallet type product etc.. makes all the difference.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141122_084142.jpg 
Views:	2005 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	316062

I carry mine in this...

Posted via CB10
    Suave. I just deal with it but I'll be moving to Classic and then RIO whenever it's launched.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 05:46 PM
    As intrigued as I am about the Passport I just can't get over the barrier. Sorry folks. It kust looks too big and awkward to me. I'm going to wait and see what comes after the classic and if there's no signs for a long while maybe give the classic another look.
    11-21-14 05:56 PM
    As intrigued as I am about the Passport I just can't get over the barrier. Sorry folks. It kust looks too big and awkward to me. I'm going to wait and see what comes after the classic and if there's no signs for a long while maybe give the classic another look.
    Hard to get at feel for it without using it for a couple weeks but you definitely get used to it. Its really not as big, bulky or cumbersome as people say. I'll bet we will see more form factors like this because the functionality is unbeatable. As for the "Rio" probably won't see anything until late spring so I hope you have some patience.

Posted via CB10
    hpjrt likes this.
    11-21-14 06:28 PM
    I don't think the Passport is any more difficult to carry size-wise than say the Notes, iphone 6+, etc. Some people are big phone people and some aren't...I have friends that have purchased every Note because they feel like the bigger the better. That being said I think there are limits to how big a device can be and still be easily portable. I still have my Q and have tried going back to it a couple times and it just feels so small and cramped that's it harder to use than the Passport--something I never would've said back when I was using it daily.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 06:33 PM
    I play with my Q10 and it is faster in typing due to the traditional keyboard. The keyboard is smaller too so that translates to your fingers moving less. For example, on the Q you only have to roll your thumb to hit 3 separate keys while on the Passport you have to physically move your thumbs.

That being said, viewing attachments are a pain on the Q. Plus the Passport is snappier and crisper in performance.

Ideally, I'd love to have the Passport screen with the Q keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 and ny1979 like this.
    11-21-14 07:46 PM
    Well for 2 weeks I have been using my passport and never going to get back to my q10 I carry passport on my back pocket and its a productivity phone so u need to use both of your hands and to come to performance. Passport is far better than q10 considering the hardware and software it has

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 08:13 PM
    Not a chance! I gave my Q10 to my step-daughter but wouldn't return to a smaller screen even if I still had it.

I love the size and feel of the Passport.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    11-21-14 08:24 PM
    Every so often I will pick up my Q10 and am astonished that I was able to get anything done on such a small screen. It just seems unatural to try to read a webpage on the Q10.
    I seriously doubt I will ever go back to a small screen device.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 08:25 PM
    This is definitely a two handed phone. I will take that over the Q10 which is a great phone otherwise but I can finally see!!

I loved the Z10 for the screen size but the Passport is a monster!

Posted via CB10
    hpjrt likes this.
    11-21-14 08:25 PM
    This is definitely a two handed phone. I will take that over the Q10 which is a great phone otherwise but I can finally see!!

I loved the Z10 for the screen size but the Passport is a monster!

Posted via CB10
    I'm 6'4 with monster hands surprisingly I've gotten used to the one handed typing on this thing. Getting more and more used to it every day!!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 08:50 PM
    Ok, time for some admissions.

1. I miss the portability of the Q10
    2. That's all I miss

The passport has been better to me than my Q10 ever has. The screen allows me to view web pages a lot easier, apps, documents, etc... the constant swiping around on the Q10 made it a constant drag (no pun intended) to look up bank statements, and credit statements. PDFs are a thousand times more tolerable to read. I love the Q10. It will always be my second device of choice but it will never do for me what my Passport could do and has done in the short time that I've had it.

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT on T-MO
    BBRYQ10 likes this.
    11-21-14 09:03 PM
    i know a bunch of folks who switched! Lucas from n4bb was using his 6Plus, his tweets has the iPhone signature lol also agent juicy from youtube went to z30, BlackBerry India channel owners use his z30.

a bunch of folks ditched it!
    11-21-14 09:18 PM
    Now I look at the Q10 like I used to look at all the Legacy devices from 3 - 5 - 7 years ago. Great for their time but now just looks so outdated.

I do still use my Q10 now for when I run or don't want to subject my Passport to undue conditions but my daily driver and workhouse is the Passport, irreversibly.

I get why people want to stay with their older devices though. That's why there are choices!
    11-21-14 10:15 PM
    I think I might have the same problem. I got the z30 abit less than a month ago, but found myself after 2 weeks returning to my beloved Q10 ... I use it now again for everything while my Z30 I use it only for some android apps and as a router/hotspot. now I have decided to get the Passport(while selling the Z30 to my flatmate who fell in love with it... he's a Samsung S4 user now but he s waiting for me to get the Passport so he buys the Z30 from me). the Z30 is lovely design wise but I prefer my Q10 and Steve Jobs WAS right, there is some volume that is just not right for smartphone. BUT the main reason other than the formfactor of the Z30 which i love, but there is the Physical keyboard as well. eventhough my q10 is small but i never enjoyed typing on it single-handedly, but the Passport's wideness isn't as big as it's promoted, yesterday i got my hands on it for the first time at euronics in Rome and compared it to my Z30's width and the difference isn't that big honestly, but actually very manageable with its compact size height wise, it has the form factor that's easy to attract.

so coming from my Q10 with a highly satisfying experience turning to my secondary phone while purchasing the Passport.
    11-22-14 01:31 AM
    nope not even crossed my mind to or even my z30 ,I did see it the other week in the drawer and think to myself my god how small is that screen reminds me of the old nokia phones I had
    11-22-14 01:39 AM
    After 3 wks with passport cannot stop smiling looking at those tiiiiiiiiiiny screens of my beloved in the past phones - iPhone and Q10...

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 01:42 AM
    Sticking with my Passport. Had it less than 2 weeks & loving it. Getting more used to the keyboard all the time, as well as the swiping. I set the Q10 up for my wife yesterday, & it felt tiny... but she's happy with it over her 9900. Thankfully, she doesn't want an IPhone, coz she'd be setting that up on her own lol! Everything about the Passport is an improvement over the Q10, to my mind, but for the form factor, the Q10 is still great. So anyone not loving the Passport but wanting a FKB, should go for the Q10.

Posted on CB10 with my Passport but previously my Q10
    11-22-14 03:13 AM
    After 3 weeks I went back to my Q10. The passport is the overall better device but the portability of the Q10 made the difference for me. And the Q10 keyboard is just faster and better for me. I reach 60wpm on the Q10 and only 50wpm on the passport and whenever I need to enter numbers or special characters the Q10 is way faster.

Ideally I would like a slightly narrower version of the passport.

Posted via CB10
    nycspaces. likes this.
    11-22-14 03:53 AM
    Am still on both. I like the size of the Q10. But I also like the screen on my passport. The thing I tend to mix up now is swiping from the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 04:55 AM
    Passport is the best device ever produced by BlackBerry. These negative threads won't do anything. Passport is like coffee! You need sometime to be addicted. Happy Passport user migrated from Q10

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 05:15 AM
    I've had my passport just over 2 weeks and still keep my q10 in my briefcase just in case?? It feels like a toy now, I'm astonished how much better the passport is using blend on my laptop, getting used to swiping the key pad, yes it's obviously much bigger but I do put it in my jeans pocket, no probs, it's getting it out that's the problem, yes it's 2 handed typing, could I go back to the q10? No chance, only only a lads night out type thingy

After 30 years in the waiting.......GMT IIc
    11-22-14 05:26 AM
37 12