I received a passport from a friend. He cleared all us data off the phone. Then gave the phone to me. I have a z30 which I love. I went to back up my phone. Then get the passport ready but the phone anti theft protection is on. To continue with device setup you must enter your BlackBerry ID. They are asking the original set up id. Is there any way to do a hard setup to factory settings that will by pass the anti theft to bring the phone totally to us Original settings.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 09:50 PM
    There is no way to bypass anti-theft. You need his BBID.
    03-02-16 10:01 PM
    Still lucky as you received from your friend.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 11:33 PM
    You have to disable antitheft before wiping.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 07:44 AM
    You have to disable antitheft before wiping.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, but it has been wiped already.
    03-03-16 07:51 AM
    I did a "Factory Reset" to my Passport, it never finished. After that my Passport showed an "error" in the software, someone told me to reload. I reloaded it but now I am stuck in the gestures section after turning it on, and does not go further. What can I do?
    03-03-16 02:02 PM
    I went through this for 5 days, you have to restart it and plug ur phone into your computer with BlackBerry Link turned on. And it should connect try it a couple times, in case it doesn't restart, hold power button down and reset phone, until the two identify each other and it should restart and do setup.

What issues are you having?

With my original Black Passport, I had sensor and earjack issue, which were fixed with software reset.

But my antenna issue is not fixed, I have not been able to place and or receive calls, since Feb 5th (it's now March 2nd)
    I had faith blackberry would offer me a solution rather than not helping me with a purchase of a new (silver edition) Passport. I was asking for Big discount in order to repurchase new device.

Blackberry Support have been back and forth with me to no avail. I'm having lunch and then buying a replacement different brand device.
    I have emailed the Support manager asking for one last chance.

Breath not held....

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 02:58 PM
    I received a passport from a friend. He cleared all us data off the phone. Then gave the phone to me. I have a z30 which I love. I went to back up my phone. Then get the passport ready but the phone anti theft protection is on. To continue with device setup you must enter your BlackBerry ID. They are asking the original set up id. Is there any way to do a hard setup to factory settings that will by pass the anti theft to bring the phone totally to us Original settings.

Posted via CB10
    Same thing has happened to me as well. It's not pretty.
    03-04-16 12:46 AM