But I need your help.
    If I buy the red passport, can I just use it with my wifi? or does it need to be activated first.
    Or could I go to T-Mobile and get it activated with them. I have a Z30 with Verizon and I just wanted to own this red beauty.
    Please help, thank you.
    01-08-15 10:44 AM
    I use mine on wifi with no issue. there is no activation.
    01-08-15 10:47 AM
    Yep we can pretty much use any latest smartphone without sim card in it with only wifi.

Via BlackBerry Passport 10.3.1.1154 on Blazin fast T-Mobile LTE.
    01-08-15 11:08 AM
    Say Bye to racism...black,white or red ....passport is a winner.High performance guaranteed..

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6 likes this.
    01-08-15 11:09 AM
    I don't think you'll be able to use the Passport for phone calls unless you have a compatible sim card. But I guess you already know that. Wi-fi will work fine.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 11:12 AM
    Well, you'd be buying it outright from Shop BlackBerry, no? Then you would be able to use it on wi-fi without having to activate it Unless the issue becomes that T-Mobile or Verizon is SIM-Free. Either way, PULL THAT TRIGGER! The Red Passport is AMAZING and honestly stands out among the crowd
    01-08-15 11:17 AM
    You are missing out on the full capabilities of the phone if you don't have a service SIM activated. You can still use every other features of the phone though.
    01-08-15 11:18 AM
    Well, you'd be buying it outright from Shop BlackBerry, no? Then you would be able to use it on wi-fi without having to activate it Unless the issue becomes that T-Mobile or Verizon is SIM-Free. Either way, PULL THAT TRIGGER! The Red Passport is AMAZING and honestly stands out among the crowd
    yes I am
    Last edited by Ziro1; 01-08-15 at 11:55 AM.
    01-08-15 11:38 AM
    You are missing out on the full capabilities of the phone if you don't have a service SIM activated. You can still use every other features of the phone though.
    What carrier can I activate the passport with?
    01-08-15 11:42 AM
    you will need to use your BlackBerry ID when you set up the device with a WIFI network, and it will sqwawk about not having a SIM but apart from making telephone calls, everything works: you can install Skype and make calls to landlines for a fee of a few dollars a month.

My SIM is in my Passport but I use my Z30 without a sim to check emails and test apps.

Posted via CB10
    Ziro1 likes this.
    01-08-15 11:47 AM
    Honestly, it's better buying it direct from BlackBerry anyways. Their phones are factory unlocked so you can activate it on almost any carrier (Dependent on if the carrier's frequencies are matching what the Passport SQW-001 are compatible with)! Not to mention you're usually saving some money by not having to pay carrier subsidies

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 12:03 PM
    Thank you all I just pulled the trigger !!! I am so excited on getting the Original Passport in red, now that I saw what the AT&T one looks like. Not a fan of the curved edges...

Thanks again guys! I'll post some pictures when I get it.
    01-08-15 12:07 PM
    And you can make BBM calls.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    01-08-15 12:15 PM
    Thank you all I just pulled the trigger !!! I am so excited on getting the Original Passport in red, now that I saw what the AT&T one looks like. Not a fan of the curved edges...

Hope you get a flawless device with no physical build issues.
    I'm still dealing with BlackBerry and Digital River. Absolutely horrible service. The passport is a great phone and it was a mistake to give up my black carrier provided passport for the red one from shopblackberry.

Red one has a space bar that feels as though it's non existent, the white balance is way off and there's light bleed on the left side of the keyboard. Other than that it works great. I would live with it if I didn't spend so much on a flagship phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 12:16 PM
    Hope you enjoy it and it shortens your workday.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    Ziro1 likes this.
    01-08-15 12:23 PM

You're gonna love the phone.
    Post pictures.

Posted two-handed via Passport
    Ziro1 likes this.
    01-08-15 12:31 PM
    I wonder if AT&T will offer a red Passport.
    01-08-15 04:24 PM