I posted a thread about this in the BlackBerry 10 OS forum but I didn't get any response.

I am having difficulty receiving a group text reply in the same conversation.

For example, I send a group text to multiple recipients and when they reply, it comes back as singular text messages directly to me, rather than the reply being shown in the group text conversation window.

This is extremely annoying because I have no idea whether or not the respondent meant to send a text to me or the group.

Any other users experiencing this problem and found a fix?

I checked the advanced setting in the text message setting.

MMS Prompt is ON and Send Text only message as MMS or SMS as AUTO.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 07:58 AM
    I think the issue is bb10 seems to send out group replies as individual texts instead of keeping it threaded. There's a ton of threads about this on the Internet. Some people are convinced it's a bug in bb10 others have seemed to have found its when people in the group are using iPhones specifically with iMessage. Not sure the exact cause but it's freaking annoying. I just tell people to get bbm but we all know how resistant folks are to a superior messaging experience.

I sometimes change those advanced options to mms for text only messages and it seems to help sometimes. Otherwise yea it sucks I blame iOS as we know it doesn't play well with others.

Passport is heaven
    10-24-14 08:08 AM
    The troubling thing is.... in my Q10, it linked all group texts together. I used Verizon though...

Is this a carrier specific problem?
    10-24-14 08:12 AM
    This problem was "fixed" for my Z30 by sending all texts as MMS as a previous responder suggested. I am also on T-Mobile US.

Posted via CB10
    numb401 likes this.
    10-24-14 08:18 AM
    It works for me on t mobile us, here's my settings on passport
    Group Text in Passport US T-Mobile-img_20141024_092622.png

Posted on CB 10 (Passport)
    numb401 likes this.
    10-24-14 08:26 AM
    Adam, does turning on MMS full time have effect on your data plan at all?
    10-24-14 08:32 AM
    I'm not sure, I have unlimited data. I don't check too often

10-24-14 08:42 AM
    I noticed this happens when I get responses from iPhone users.

Posted with my amazing Z10
    10-24-14 08:47 AM
    I noticed this happens when I get responses from iPhone users.

Posted with my amazing Z10
    iMessage does not play well with other messaging platforms and that's another issue all together.

Posted from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    10-24-14 09:21 AM
    Tried forcing the group text messages to MMS. Still no go.

On my Verizon Q10, I had a box where I can check off "Allow Group Conversation." What happened to that feature? It doesn't exist anymore with 10.3?
    10-24-14 09:30 PM
    I tested again with a group of android users. It works fine. As long as they check off enable group conversation. It must be related to iMessenger not playing well with others.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 08:28 AM
    The only way to have a group SMS chat is through MMS which makes it a group MMS chat instead :P Receiving contacts should also have this feature enabled no matter on which platform they are but as usual iPeople will not play along.
    10-25-14 08:39 AM
    I'm going to try that too. I think it is a T-Mobile thing and not a BlackBerry 10 thing

Posted via CB10
    numb401 likes this.
    10-25-14 08:41 AM
    Why does it work on the Q though and not the passport? Iphone doesn't have to change anything. I wonder if an iphone user starts the group msg if that would change anything?

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 09:40 AM
    Agreed prince.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 09:40 AM
    Why does it work on the Q though and not the passport? Iphone doesn't have to change anything. I wonder if an iphone user starts the group msg if that would change anything?

Posted via CB10
    In my Q10, when I put in multiple recipients, Q10 would prompt me that it is going to MMS mode and there will be a box saying "Enable Group Conversation." In Passport that is absent and also doesn't switch automatically to MMS.
    10-25-14 11:19 AM
    Regular texts messages sent to multiple recipients will work with BB10 and Android but not iOS.
    It's not a bug with either platform, it's just the features the of the individual platforms.

I'm on iOS and when I send texts messages to my team members, the guys with Android see all the recipients and can reply back to everyone as well. The people with iOS or other platforms just think they're getting a one off message directly from me.

MMS is the way to go or setup a BBM/WhatsApp group if MMS isn't working.
    10-25-14 12:55 PM
    It turns out
    Group Text in Passport US T-Mobile-img_20141001_092801.png above box where you can enable group conversation in the group text is carrier specific. Tried in t-mobile it didn't pop up, but in AT&T it did.

Contacted T-Mobile for answers. We will see.

Posted via CB10
    numb401 likes this.
    10-25-14 02:27 PM
    Contacted T-Mobile. They did not give any answers to why the box is not appearing in the Passport. They advised that I call BlackBerry.

But the good news is that this is a T-Mobile specific problem. AT&T users report that they are not experiencing the problem.

If you send out a lot of group texts, for coordinating events or whatever, it looks like AT&T is the better choice.

Posted via CB10
    numb401 likes this.
    10-25-14 06:50 PM
    Contacted T-Mobile. They did not give any answers to why the box is not appearing in the Passport. They advised that I call BlackBerry.

But the good news is that this is a T-Mobile specific problem. AT&T users report that they are not experiencing the problem.

If you send out a lot of group texts, for coordinating events or whatever, it looks like AT&T is the better choice.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I don't know why T-Mobile does this to BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 07:36 PM
    Just dropped T-Mobile for AT&T. Group text works with conversation mode enabled. Coverage is much better as well. I guess you get what you pay for.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 09:19 PM
    Kwakster, how is your prospective bill compared to Tmobile though? I've got unlimited data on one line and 1 gb on another, for about 89 bucks. I'd be interested in ATT if it wasn't charging an arm and a leg

EsJayDee likes this.
    10-26-14 08:53 AM
    AT&T is definitely more pricey. You are expected to pay about $20 more dollars per month. T-Mobile was offering 2G data unlimited talk and text for $45 per month. The same plan in AT&T will cost you $65 per months.

I get corporate discount on the data plan 25% so it brings the cost down to about $55 per month.

You are expected to pay about 15% of the total bill for tax and fees.

But I really couldn't stand T-Mobile. I make phone calls while I am commuting and, T-Mobile dropped the call twice in one 11 mile commute.

I also do a lot of group texts with friends and family. Not being able to see the replies in the same screen was beyond frustrating.

I feel like you get what you pay for with T-Mobile. Cheap but spotty service.

Posted via CB10
    AdamThatsIt likes this.
    10-26-14 10:09 AM
    Kwakster, can you screenshot a sample of group chat? I might switch tomorrow but need to be sure! I see now what you're saying, I'm missing some texts now and it's not working as planned

10-26-14 07:36 PM
    Group Text in Passport US T-Mobile-img_20141026_204300.png

As you can see from the screen shot, when you put more than one recipient in the text message, it automatically converts to MMS and "Enable Group Conversation" box pops up. If you enable group conversation by checking the box, all the replies from the group will appear in the same conversation window.

What I described above was not available through T-Mobile, but is on AT&T.

Posted via CB10
    numb401 likes this.
    10-26-14 07:51 PM
29 12