Greetings fellow CrackBerrians!

I'm gonna try to make it short, so - I got tipped about a person that is testing BlackBerry Passport for a local carrier, so I contacted the person and asked whether we could meet so I could take some photos and give it a test-drive (I'm an editor at an independent czech server SmartMania.cz). The person was kind enough to accept and just in 2 days I was sitting in a cosy caf� with the glorious BlackBerry Passport in my hands. I got to play with it for an hour and a half, so I've checked a thing or two, but honestly once you explore the new hardware, write a few sentences and try how it fits in your pocket (yes, it does ), it's the good ol' berry we are all used to, so I could easily imagine transferring my accounts and moving from Z10 to Passport right away.

I've been writing my first impressions article till 4 AM (a good editor never sleeps, where only did I see that? ), so I'm not very keen to rewrite the whole thing in English now, but feel free to ask if you wanna know something specific, I'll try to answer (or bet on the crappy Google Translator version of my article ).

In the meantime, here are some of the photos I took:

Got my paws on the BlackBerry Passport (HQ photos, Q&A)-dsc_3917.jpgGot my paws on the BlackBerry Passport (HQ photos, Q&A)-dsc_3884.jpgGot my paws on the BlackBerry Passport (HQ photos, Q&A)-dsc_3887.jpgGot my paws on the BlackBerry Passport (HQ photos, Q&A)-dsc_3898.jpgGot my paws on the BlackBerry Passport (HQ photos, Q&A)-dsc_3904.jpgGot my paws on the BlackBerry Passport (HQ photos, Q&A)-dsc_3907.jpgGot my paws on the BlackBerry Passport (HQ photos, Q&A)-dsc_3925.jpg
    08-25-14 03:15 PM
    A few questions:

1. Which model was this, if you know? The RGY181LW or some other model?
    2. Did it have wireless charging?
    3. If you actually used the camera, how did the pictures turn out? Feel free to reply in absolutes, or relative to other devices.

Thanks.
    bmsox622 likes this.
    08-25-14 03:31 PM
    Hi Ruslan very lucky of you

Posted via CB10
    Ruslan Botsyurko likes this.
    08-25-14 03:31 PM
    Wow, drool....

Posted via my STILL NEW Zed30
    Dmitry Kisselyov likes this.
    08-25-14 03:33 PM
    Thank you for sharing this with the community! You took some really great pictures of it! My question is pretty simple: how sharp/clear was it compared to the Z10? Were the colors crisper, brighter, etc?
    08-25-14 03:34 PM
    Am I just getting used to the size after seeing all these comparison photos or does it seem to get smaller each time new photos pop up?

Regardless, I can't wait to get my hands on one!

Posted via CB10/Z30
    08-25-14 03:41 PM
    Thanks for sharing
    Your prototype got 10mp right ?

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 03:42 PM
    Never has there been a device which I find more appealing the more I see of it. Typically I have the same thought process about a device from my first experience with it. Not this one though. I'm not fully converted on it yet, but dang, I'm getting closer...
    08-25-14 03:44 PM
    great pictures by the way!
    08-25-14 03:44 PM
    The active frames have different sizes.. that's interesting.

pin:2B7CAF06
    08-25-14 03:46 PM
    The green LED flashes as the BBOS when one picks up the network?

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 03:46 PM
    Thanks, the photos are quite worth being seen
    Was wondering one, maybe trivial, thing. How do you make upper letters with that keyboard? By holding a key?
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    08-25-14 03:47 PM
    I agree! It's shrunk by 30% over past 2 months. At first seemed ridiculous. Now seems a tad wider and I can't wait.
    08-25-14 03:53 PM
    Thanks, the photos are quite worth being seen
    Was wondering one, maybe trivial, thing. How do you make upper letters with that keyboard? By holding a key?
    Sounds like it, he says that in the crappy Google Translate version of his article... lol

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 03:53 PM
    Very nice review and great pictures. Thanks for posting
    08-25-14 03:54 PM
    A few questions:

1. Which model was this, if you know? The RGY181LW or some other model?
    2. Did it have wireless charging?
    3. If you actually used the camera, how did the pictures turn out? Feel free to reply in absolutes, or relative to other devices.

Thanks.
    1. Where should the code written? I had to blur the codes for obvious reasons, but none of them were RGY181LW or even close to it. If it's in the About section of the system, then I'm sorry but I didn't take a screenshot of it, I just checked for the OS version and it was lower than the current leak here.

2. I don't think so, nothing on the body gave it away, I didn't see any accessories and the person also didn't mention wireless charging. But I'm not 100% sure

3. I did try the camera, but we were in a rather dim caf� in the evening, so I didn't even bother to share the image, but here it is. Lumia 1020 would be a clear winner in such lighting, but I bet it takes great shots during the day.
    Got my paws on the BlackBerry Passport (HQ photos, Q&A)-img_20140824_210157.jpg
    08-25-14 03:59 PM
    Sounds like it, he says that in the crappy Google Translate version of his article... lol

Posted via CB10
    Oh, missed that part, thanks !
    08-25-14 04:01 PM
    Thank you for sharing this with the community! You took some really great pictures of it! My question is pretty simple: how sharp/clear was it compared to the Z10? Were the colors crisper, brighter, etc?
    I didn't notice any major difference in colours, but the display was extremely sharp and nice to look at. And it was brighter, yes. I also tried the internal speaker and it sounded more like Z30, I played the same video on Z10 and Passport and when Z10 maxed out Passport was barely at 2/3 of the full volume, didn't go any further in order not to interrupt other people.
    eybee1970 likes this.
    08-25-14 04:03 PM
    Is this the final design ?
    08-25-14 04:04 PM
    Wow, that's the best crappy low-light picture I have ever seen!

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 04:06 PM
    Does this have HDMI output

Posted via CB10
    Trust me, the site will punch you right in between your eyes as soon as you see one personally I've been following all of the news and leaked images of Passport, but it still shocked me how huge the thing is. But don't worry, you'll get used to it really soon, the display is gorgeous, exactly what I've been missing on a Q10 when I was testing it last year.
    Does this have HDMI output

Posted via CB10
    no but it has slimport
    08-25-14 04:08 PM
    Do you know when the carrier receive this particular device ?
    08-25-14 04:09 PM
    Is this the final design ?
    No-one other than BlackBerry really knows, but I wouldn't expect any major changes before it hits the market. The carriers just got them, so it should be a pretty recent version.

Do you know when the carrier receive this particular device ?
    Not the exact date, but my contact has been having it for not more than a week.
    08-25-14 04:10 PM
198 123 ...