Thought I would give BB a go after having been away from BB as a daily phone for the last 3 years.

How do I import my contacts list and text messages?

Graeme
    03-12-17 09:02 PM
    You could try bluetooth. Or if windows phone allows you to export contacts as a vcf file, you could just move that file over to your Passport and import it into the contacts app there.
    03-12-17 10:47 PM
    Not sure about your text messages but your contacts should be in your email account. If you use Gmail then just sign into your email on your phone and you should be good to go. There should be a way to do the same on your Windows phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-17 03:08 AM
    Or go to settings/ Accounts/ Add Account, and sign in to your hotmail,outlook or live account and they should pop up if you've been syncing with them.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-17 05:14 AM
    Or go to settings/ Accounts/ Add Account, and sign in to your hotmail,outlook or live account and they should pop up if you've been syncing with them.

Posted via CB10
    Yep in the end thats exactly what I did and it worked ok except for getting multiple copies of contacts, like 4 of everything
    03-17-17 10:27 PM
    You have multiples because you have more than one account loading contacts. In your contact app you can slide the screen to the right and see the categories of accounts and see which are from where. Then you can decide which account you do not need and go back into the accounts settings and uncheck to show contacts or remove the account all together. Your choice
    ghce likes this.
    03-18-17 06:50 AM
    You could use an app depending on who your carrier is. For example AT&T has an app called AT&T address book. The app is available on all OS. You can change operating systems within AT&T and easily keep your contacts. You could export your contacts from Windows outlook. Make a VCF file. Transfer the file.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-17 08:08 AM
    You have multiples because you have more than one account loading contacts. In your contact app you can slide the screen to the right and see the categories of accounts and see which are from where. Then you can decide which account you do not need and go back into the accounts settings and uncheck to show contacts or remove the account all together. Your choice
    That sounds logical, yeah have 3 accounts but also WinPhone contacts is a bit screwie in the way they handle linked accounts even when transfering from winphone to winphone. Probably doesnt help in that the winphone contacts were originally sourced from Motorola Startac to Nokia symbian then to Blackberry 6 and 7 and then to Winphone 8.1 then win10 and now to BB10 so I think all sorts of out of spec terms were in the contact files.
    03-18-17 07:58 PM