Hi All,

Amazon delivered my Passport today, it is a Xmas present, but I HAD to ensure it worked

First off, out of box OS version was rank 10.3.0.6xx but sure that has been covered elsewhere.

Impressions, opened the box omg this is a beast of a device, buyer uncertainty raised its head right there! It is not a small device.

Once initial shock was over tried it out, keyboard seems shorter but wider then on my Z30 but that maybe just an illusion about the height. Not sure about the flick up word selection, without fail I almost always flicked the soft keyboard, where do you start the flick bottom, middle or top of the hard keyboard?

As others have mentioned screen is very nice, being a self confessed AMOLED lover I didn't find the PP screen to feel washed out, the fact that on top of colour temperature you can also modify saturation was a bonus.

Anyway it back in its box for now, IF you do go and play with one in a shop I highly recommend not going on first impressions as it will take time to acclimatise to it and needs some quality hands on time.

Barry
    12-15-14 11:02 AM
    First off, out of box OS version was rank 10.3.0.6xx
    Get the 10.3.1.1154 leak loaded up before you transfer any data.

Will make life so much easier and give you something to do on Christmas Morning while the Turkey is cooking !!!

https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/vn0m_...SWWiFEYSHc6YnA
    geekaren and barryb20 like this.
    12-15-14 11:08 AM
    Hi All,

Amazon delivered my Passport today, it is a Xmas present, but I HAD to ensure it worked

First off, out of box OS version was rank 10.3.0.6xx but sure that has been covered elsewhere.

Impressions, opened the box omg this is a beast of a device, buyer uncertainty raised its head right there! It is not a small device.

Once initial shock was over tried it out, keyboard seems shorter but wider then on my Z30 but that maybe just an illusion about the height. Not sure about the flick up word selection, without fail I almost always flicked the soft keyboard, where do you start the flick bottom, middle or top of the hard keyboard?

As others have mentioned screen is very nice, being a self confessed AMOLED lover I didn't find the PP screen to feel washed out, the fact that on top of colour temperature you can also modify saturation was a bonus.

Anyway it back in its box for now, IF you do go and play with one in a shop I highly recommend not going on first impressions as it will take time to acclimatise to it and needs some quality hands on time.

Barry
    You're a better man than me in this regard. It would have been an early Christmas in my household. I commend you.

Posted two-handed via Passport
    barryb20 likes this.
    12-15-14 03:27 PM
    Yea put that leak OS on your passport so u can get flickering screens. wait it out for a better leak then 10.3.1.1154
    12-15-14 03:33 PM
    Congrats and load 10.3.1.1154 asap!!

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    barryb20 likes this.
    12-15-14 03:50 PM
    The Passport has been amazing with near 2 day battery life on consistency for me and on top of that typing takes some time to get used to but those that came from a pkb device at some point in time muscle memory kicks in very fast. loved how mine was my anniversary gift lol
    barryb20 likes this.
    12-15-14 03:58 PM
    Great Christmas gift, even if you know what it is!
    barryb20 likes this.
    12-15-14 04:02 PM
    I'm with you. Mine has been waiting for Christmas too. It's tough, but at least it will not be a distraction through finals.
    12-15-14 04:09 PM
    IF you do go and play with one in a shop I highly recommend not going on first impressions as it will take time to acclimatise to it and needs some quality hands on time.

Barry
    Great advice,

I remember going in to the store to look at one in person and being in shock as to how "weird" it was. I walked out of there wondering if I really should get a passport afterall? Was I making a mistake???

Fast forward, and loving the "beast". Best. Phone. Ever. when I hold up my old Z30, I can't help but laugh..... don't think I could ever go back to a narrow screen phone again......
    barryb20 likes this.
    12-15-14 04:21 PM
    Op, you are a better man than I. I got the White one for Christmas and am selling my black passport. But I couldn't wait. Using for about a week now.

Brought to you by...My sweet Passport
    barryb20 likes this.
    12-15-14 09:45 PM
    I'm in the same boat, my Passport will arrive tue/wed but I don't get to play 'till. Xmas morning. They will be the longest ten days of my life

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    barryb20 likes this.
    12-15-14 10:13 PM
    Merry Christmas and try not to be naughty until then.
    12-15-14 10:30 PM
    Mine was a Christmas present to myself that I got last week and has been copping a floggin' ever since.........(the Passport that is! ). No way I was waiting 2 weeks to play with it.

Posted by Passport, Blackberry's Beast!
    12-15-14 10:44 PM
    Mine arrived Oct 20. Play with it here and there.

Put it in the box around Nov 20. It's my gift to me. that's when it'll debut in public and become my daily driver.

I'm actually getting excited about it even though I wasn't originally thrilled. It'll be like a new toy all over again and I'm looking forward to it.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 10:49 PM
    You put it back inside the box. LOL if it was me it is not going inside the box again.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 11:27 PM
    Free the phone from the tormented prison of that cardboard box. Free the phone.

Posted via CB10
    barryb20 likes this.
    12-15-14 11:36 PM
    Merry Christmas..hehehe
    barryb20 likes this.
    12-16-14 03:46 AM