Just curious if Google Chrome Cast HDMI can be pair with our Blackberry Passport?

Posted via CB10  вιaсĸвεггч� Passport
    05-29-15 02:14 PM
    Yes, to a certain degree. Take a look at this article, from today: Cast for BlackBerry 10 updated with new UI, improved search, and, better controls | CrackBerry.com
    05-29-15 04:54 PM
    If you use Cast enabled apps with Lucky Patcher and the patched Google Play Services from Cobalt you can use your Chromecast perfectly fine. I use Netflix regularly that way. Search the forum for the detailed instructions!

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 01:25 PM
    I've patched and got everything running but I don't see a chromecast icon on my netflix... any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    06-07-15 09:49 PM
    I've patched and got everything running but I don't see a chromecast icon on my netflix... any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    Same here, patched Netflix using Gmaps Patcher, but no icon for chromecast. I was able to configure the Chromecast using my patched Chromecast app. Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 12:17 AM
    Since my last post, I've moved on from the Chromecast to the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter. Slightly more expensive, but works 100% with my Passport and Z30. Everything is morrored to the TV. Added benefit -- it also allows all the laptops in the house to display everything on the TV.
    kertong and 00stryder like this.
    09-05-15 12:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    Same here, patched Netflix using Gmaps Patcher, but no icon for chromecast. I was able to configure the Chromecast using my patched Chromecast app. Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    Reviving this thread. Can't seem to get the Chromecast icon either on my patched Netflix app. YouTube's icon works fine.
    01-04-16 01:42 AM
    I have Netflix working on my Passport. First thing I did is patch both the Chromecast app and Whitelisted it, did the same for the Netflix app (an older version). I have not updated the Netflix app to newer versions as I read somewhere in the past that newer versions didn't work, I don't know if that�s true. Perhaps I'll give it a try soon.

01-04-16 04:44 AM
    I have Netflix working on my Passport. First thing I did is patch both the Chromecast app and Whitelisted it, did the same for the Netflix app (an older version). I have not updated the Netflix app to newer versions as I read somewhere in the past that newer versions didn't work, I don't know if that’s true. Perhaps I'll give it a try soon.

https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/01...fda39097bb.jpg
    Beautiful. Would you be able to share the Netflix apk that you currently use?

Also, do you think it matters which Netflix apk you Whitelist? I used the most recent one from the Google Play Store.

Another poster suggested resolution being an issue, given I use a Q10. I don't see this being it though. Hopefully you can share your Netflix apk.
    01-04-16 04:04 PM
    Since my last post, I've moved on from the Chromecast to the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter. Slightly more expensive, but works 100% with my Passport and Z30. Everything is morrored to the TV. Added benefit -- it also allows all the laptops in the house to display everything on the TV.
    I'm with Elessar.

The MS wireless display adaptor ("wda") works beautifully with quite a wide variety of devices including the Z30 & Passports on our family plus the Priv and other android phones.

Two nice things about the MS wda:

1. I can turn off the screen on my BlackBerry and the "screen mirroring" continues, plus

2. I can use the "play-on" feature in BB10 so I can use my Z30 to use other apps and check the hub while the output to the wda continues without interruption in the background.

Pretty sure you can do neither of these things with Android devices nor with Chromecast.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 05:24 PM