As a Canadian girl, it's a really nice change to see Global News post such a good review of Passport, and speak well of Blackberry too. Haven't seen this posted yet (but could be wrong), so thought I'd share with my fellow Canucks, as well as everybody else. Cheers!

Where was BlackBerry?s most-excellent Passport six years ago? - National | Globalnews.ca
    09-30-14 03:03 PM
    That's great! I equate global to more of a tabloid then an actual news outlet.. they spend 90% of their time on politicians who can't keep it in their pants or other completely non relevant 'news' but every now and then they post something probative.. nice to see one of those times is a positive BlackBerry article
    09-30-14 03:17 PM
    That's great! I equate global to more of a tabloid then an actual news outlet.. they spend 90% of their time on politicians who can't keep it in their pants or other completely non relevant 'news' but every now and then they post something probative.. nice to see one of those times is a positive BlackBerry article
    Haha! Completely agree about Global! I came across it while looking for good reviews to share with friends and family, to help win them over to BB, and was surprised to read such a positive review, since they've been so negative towards BB. Every little bit helps to show off the Passport and bring people on board.
    09-30-14 03:29 PM
    I'm ecstatic about this report the best I've seen. Finally some speaks about what it can do as opposed to what it can't and truth be told there isn't anything it can't do.

Posted via CB10
    SharonRD likes this.
    09-30-14 05:02 PM
    Nice! Well done!

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 06:26 PM
    As a Canadian girl, it's a really nice change to see Global News post such a good review of Passport, and speak well of Blackberry too. Haven't seen this posted yet (but could be wrong), so thought I'd share with my fellow Canucks, as well as everybody else. Cheers!

Where was BlackBerry?s most-excellent Passport six years ago? - National | Globalnews.ca
    It's interesting that there's no mention of Blend until the end of the article. It is technically a BB10.3 feature and not a Passport exclusive, however, I believe it is also a huge selling point and is really vital to the integral use of the Passport. . .
    SharonRD likes this.
    09-30-14 06:31 PM
    Yes, totally agree! Very much looking forward to trying out Blend on my Dell, just really wish it was compatible with Linux, as well.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 12:18 AM
    Steve Makris is a total geek and truly unbiased, plus it helps that he's a nice guy too.
    SharonRD likes this.
    10-01-14 12:31 AM
    LOL you just poo poo'd a rogers company!
    10-01-14 04:33 AM
    One of the best opinion about Passport I have seen on YouTube by CBNC Africa.

bluetroll, SharonRD and PatrickMJS like this.
    10-01-14 04:53 AM

You are correct. it almost seemed like the guy is on BlackBerry's payroll.
    Thanks for sharing.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 05:12 AM
    Why can't I watch the globalnews video on my Q10 ? I tried with mobile and desktop mode and same result.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BroncoVAL; 10-01-14 at 01:15 PM.
    10-01-14 05:39 AM
    Why can't I watch the globalnews video on my Q10 ? I tried with mobile and desktop moden same result.

Posted via CB10
    Not really sure. I just checked via CB app, as well as through Q10's browser's mobile and desktop mode and was able to view the video. Odd.
    10-01-14 12:03 PM
    That was a very good review!

Thx for posting it!

Posted via CB10
    SharonRD likes this.
    10-01-14 12:30 PM
    Not really sure. I just checked via CB app, as well as through Q10's browser's mobile and desktop mode and was able to view the video. Odd.
    maybe an issue with Hub Browser, i'll check later. It's the first time i can't watch a video on my Q10 as before i had Hub Browser i never had any issue....
    10-01-14 01:12 PM

Thanks for posting that link!

It's comical that the segment begins with an ad from Sammy.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 01:49 PM
    One thing I love about SA accents, Blekbeeri.
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    10-01-14 02:46 PM
    When they oh and ah over the trackpad built into the keyboard -- that's when you know BlackBerry is on to something. Who hasn't been pee'd off trying to select text on a touchscreen at some point, on any platform. It can be a pain.
    10-01-14 03:06 PM
    maybe an issue with Hub Browser, i'll check later. It's the first time i can't watch a video on my Q10 as before i had Hub Browser i never had any issue....
    Ahh, yes, that could be it for sure. Hopefully, that's all it is, and then point the developer to the vid issue.
    10-01-14 04:17 PM
    Thanks for posting that link!

It's comical that the segment begins with an ad from Sammy.

Posted via CB10
    Lol! That's the first thing I noticed too, made me smile and chuckle.
    10-01-14 04:18 PM
    Ahh, yes, that could be it for sure. Hopefully, that's all it is, and then point the developer to the vid issue.
    Well I disinstalled Hub Browser and still have the issue. I can't play video on globalnews.ca, not even one!
    I don't understand what's the problem, maybe Hub Browser isn't guilty after all
    I watched the video on my mac and I really like how people sound truly surprised to see BB10 at these levels of goodness.
    Something I noted about unbiaised reviewers, they generally are very enthusiastic like they have discovered a new original thing after years of same old Android vs.iOS slab fight.
    Blackberry really has something in their hands with this Passport momentum.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 05:04 PM
    Well I disinstalled Hub Browser and still have the issue. I can't play video on globalnews.ca, not even one!
    I don't understand what's the problem, maybe Hub Browser isn't guilty after all
    I watched the video on my mac and I really like how people sound truly surprised to see BB10 at these levels of goodness.
    Something I noted about unbiaised reviewers, they generally are very enthusiastic like they have discovered a new original thing after years of same old Android vs.iOS slab fight.
    Blackberry really has something in their hands with this Passport momentum.

Posted via CB10
    That's odd, I wonder what the problem could be? Guessing you already tried a hard reset after uninstalling Hub Browser, and then checked the site again?

You're right, Passport has really shaken up the tech community in a very positive way. It's like they've just discovered the 'new' Blackberry. lol It's been delightful watching so many great unbiased reviews, and seeing BB in the limelight.
    10-02-14 12:16 AM
    Another pic of Passport being advertised *

Global News: Positive Review of Passport-passport-f1-710x434.jpg

Z30 144GB
    10-02-14 02:24 AM
    That's odd, I wonder what the problem could be? Guessing you already tried a hard reset after uninstalling Hub Browser, and then checked the site again?

You're right, Passport has really shaken up the tech community in a very positive way. It's like they've just discovered the 'new' Blackberry. lol It's been delightful watching so many great unbiased reviews, and seeing BB in the limelight.
    Tried the hard reset and same result, and if I try to open a video from globalnews.ca in another browser it sends a jpg file (it doesn't recognise the video file, it's why when I click on the website the player doesn't start I presume, like clicking on a picture).
    Weird... I can live with that as I went for the first time on that site yesterday but that video issue. somewhat makes me curious (if someone using Hub Browser could tell me how it works for him/her on that website that would be helpful)

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 06:02 AM
    This is actually a great sign of things to come - all they needed was to generate some positive news.

We all know BlackBerry 10 can stand with the best of them, and certainly with Windows. Once people actually start to use it, most will see that it's perfectly fine to use and definitely not the same BlackBerry as they knew from years ago.

This clearly demonstrates reviews by the wsj, the verge, etc that basically mock the phone with very immature language and unsubstantiated claims of the OS short-comings (the HUB is no good, the OS doesn't make sense, it doesn't have Instagram, etc) are just out to bash BlackBerry for the sake of it.

#CB10 #Q10 #Darkhorse
    SharonRD likes this.
    10-02-14 10:05 AM
38 12