I'll just wait for the update and let it do it's thing,lol
    03-14-15 10:17 AM
    No, it is not officially released for all devices yet!!

Posted via CB10
    This may be a semantic argument.

When BlackBerry has all of the device updates live on its servers and made available to all the carriers around the globe (which they have done), is it official:

- at that point, or
    - when a subset of carriers have released the update for a subset of devices, or
    - when a subset of carriers have released the update for all of the devices, or
    -when all carriers have released the update for all devices?

I suppose you can pick whichever one makes you the most angry.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    03-14-15 10:17 AM
    "Spokespeople for the company were not available at the time of writing."

What a surprise !! This supercilious attitude & aloof behavior is what will sink BB to the bottom... this is a serious and considered comment on my part & I would really like it to spur a lively discussion to get the eye of Chen &al to this disastrous situation. I like my Passport & would not like to see it abandoned like my HP Pre 3 which I also liked very much...

BlackBerry has no fix for devices vulnerable to FREAK security flaw | ZDNet
    Stay off the drugs dude lol. This was fixed as said by the above posters, I suggest before shooting your mouth and trying to make BlackBerry look bad...u do some research lol.

It's people like you that are slowly killing off BlackBerry with your mis-information.

Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3 and habs_fan like this.
    03-14-15 10:22 AM
    Unfortunately, just as with desktops, laptops and tablets, many people do not take the time to understand how their phones work and they choose to be helpless. Many of these same people spend more of their personal time and energy complaining than they would have spent getting to know how their devices work. What is really frustrating is when they "yes, but" and argue with those who are trying to provide information or help.
    Pdinos3 and habs_fan like this.
    03-14-15 10:30 AM
    Unfortunately, just as with desktops, laptops and tablets, many people do not take the time to understand how their phones work and they choose to be helpless. Many of these same people spend more of their personal time and energy complaining than they would have spent getting to know how their devices work. What is really frustrating is when they "yes, but" and argue with those who are trying to provide information or help.
    Humans...

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 10:39 AM
    This may be a semantic argument.

When BlackBerry has all of the device updates live on its servers and made available to all the carriers around the globe (which they have done), is it official:

- at that point, or
    - when a subset of carriers have released the update for a subset of devices, or
    - when a subset of carriers have released the update for all of the devices, or
    -when all carriers have released the update for all devices?

I suppose you can pick whichever one makes you the most angry.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    I have an unlocked Passport, purchased through ShopBlackBerry.

With removed SIM and connected to Link (which is NOT carrier dependent) the update is NOT officially available to me.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 11:07 AM
    I have an unlocked Passport, purchased through ShopBlackBerry.

With removed SIM and connected to Link (which is NOT carrier dependent) the update is NOT officially available to me.

Posted via CB10
    I do not fully understand the mechanism at play there, nor how the OS eventually propagates through the various devices. Direct updates is a brand new feature for this situation, introduced just over a month ago. They probably don't roll out everything immediately.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    habs_fan likes this.
    03-14-15 11:12 AM
    You don't know me... why do you make such disgraceful comments? You are the one who gives evidence of substance abuse... BlackBerry has a lot of nerve charging this much & then requiring one to use hacks to fix their insecure device... My passport. Is full price from BlackBerry so why does this fix get out to others & not to direct purchasers first... It is people like you with your smarmy comments that are chasing people away from BlackBerry since the foibles of the bbOS make following these blogs the only way to keep the fone working... what a mess having to depend on this drivel !! Does anyone moderate this mess ??
    Stay off the drugs dude lol. This was fixed as said by the above posters, I suggest before shooting your mouth and trying to make BlackBerry look bad...u do some research lol.

It's people like you that are slowly killing off BlackBerry with your mis-information.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 11:13 AM
    You don't know me... why do you make such disgraceful comments? You are the one who gives evidence of substance abuse... BlackBerry has a lot of nerve charging this much & then requiring one to use hacks to fix their insecure device... My passport. Is full price from BlackBerry so why does this fix get out to others & not to direct purchasers first... It is people like you with your smarmy comments that are chasing people away from BlackBerry since the foibles of the bbOS make following these blogs the only way to keep the fone working... what a mess having to depend on this drivel !! Does anyone moderate this mess ??
    First it's spelled PHONE, second it's not a hack. Third you have no idea what your talking about.
    That is all

Posted via CB10
    Spawn12 likes this.
    03-14-15 11:21 AM
    Some people should not believe everything they read on the Internet! This is how conversations like this get started.

Via my simply amazing  Q10 10.3.1.2267
    03-14-15 11:21 AM
    OTA updates are accomplished through whatever carrier you use. Blackberry can't do anything about that. So wait for your carrier to send it out or do as I just did and many others have done or are doing as I write this and install the update yourself. Simple.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    habs_fan likes this.
    03-14-15 11:23 AM
    I do not fully understand the mechanism at play there, nor how the OS eventually propagates through the various devices. Direct updates is a brand new feature for this situation, introduced just over a month ago. They probably don't roll out everything immediately.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    My point EXACTLY!!

It is NOT officially rolled out to all devices.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 11:24 AM
    OTA updates are accomplished through whatever carrier you use. Blackberry can't do anything about that. So wait for your carrier to send it out or do as I just did and many others have done or are doing as I write this and install the update yourself. Simple.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    It is NOT officially available on all devices yet!

It is NOT carrier dependent for unlocked devices purchased through BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 11:26 AM
    OK Stop Freak OUT! Gentleman Cool down

Thread closed

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on 4G Altel network
    03-14-15 11:29 AM
64 123