Just got the chance to open the box from amazon this morning! Man is this thing big! Compared to my q10 it's like a monster. Waiting for the day to end so that I can tinker around with it before finalizing my decision. As of this morning it doesn't look too good for the pp. I think I'd miss the portability too much that my q10 has to offer.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 10:02 AM
    I felt the same way when I upped from the Torch 9850 to the Z30. But after a week, no going back. I would like to think that would be the same for the Passport...........Just take some time to let it grow on you....
    divakar and bungaboy like this.
    11-19-14 10:16 AM
    first impressions could be deceiving... i also thought the phone was too big at first sight... then by day use you start to adjust...but it's only by personal preference that you will see if it's right for you
    Last edited by gallopiton; 11-19-14 at 10:47 AM.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    11-19-14 10:25 AM
    I know it's not. But it feels like it is shrinking by the day.

Secret squirrelling with my Passport. ?C0001FE5D?
    keepit dry and lynxs_claw like this.
    11-19-14 10:43 AM
    That's what she said.....

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 10:45 AM
    Perception is a funny thing. Part of what we do as a species is adapt to new things. It's been key to our evolution. It means we adjust. It may take some time but we adjust to what becomes our new reality. In the grand scheme of things adjusting to the Passport is a pretty small (and quick) matter. Use it strictly for a day or two and then go back to the Q10. I bet you'll be surprised at your reaction.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    11-19-14 10:59 AM
    first impressions could be deceiving... i also thought the phone was too big at first sight... then by day use you start to adjust...but it's only by personal preference that you will see if it's right for you
    Same here. To the point where my very small hand would almost cramp up holding it. But that was only for holding it in one hand (two-handed keyboard operation was natural from day one).

Now, it not only feels comfortable in one hand, but 'normal' phones feel small and awkward. This is certainly something that a user grows into quickly.
    11-19-14 11:06 AM
    This ^^. In a couple of weeks go back to your Q10. You'll find it small!

Posted via Passport - The Beast!
    11-19-14 11:08 AM
    I kept my LG G Flex activated on another line as a backup. After two days my lg sits idle and hasn't been needed. If you spend a little time with the passport and a little effort to get it set up it is perfect as a stand alone device.
    11-19-14 11:23 AM
    Like others have posted here. It's getting smaller by the day. Seriously.

"May I see your Passport please?"
    11-19-14 11:25 AM
    I went from the Q10 to the Z30 and now the Passport. Each step has been better and better. The size of the Passport hasn't effected how I carry it, where I set it or docking it. I use the Belkin tablet dock which works fine, the Scosche Car mount and my back pocket, all is great.
    11-19-14 11:31 AM
    I felt the same until I started fiddling around with it. The screen is absolutely amazing. The size is perfect. I can see everything a lot better, I can navigate through the web a lot better and battery life is 2nd to none. The keyboard has taken a little over a week to get used to. Being here in the forums and communicating with people and using the ' extreme typist' app has definitely improved my typing. Probably just as fast on my passport now as I was on the Q10. I felt like I'd never get used to it but it didn't take long at all.

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    11-19-14 11:32 AM
    Simply how you perceive things... remember when we had kittens for month and went to friend's for dinner who had full grown cats... you would sweat they were panthers..... same holds for smartphone... when I went from ipad mini to full ipad I thought it was huge... week later the mini looks just that .... mini... hope OP gives it a chance and enjoys it for what it is....
    11-19-14 11:45 AM
    Thanks guys. After briefly playing with it in between client meetings I can say it's starting to grow on me (no pun intended ). The N and M keys will definitely take ssome getting used to. Can't wait to spend a good hour on it later!

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 11:47 AM
    Seriously, I felt the same way. After three days I picked up my z10 and it felt like I was hangling an iphone 3GS

Also, the passport fits nicely into my shirt pocket even with the case on.

My brother-in-law got the iphone 6+ .. now that thing is big!
    11-19-14 11:50 AM
    I don't know that I ever thought the Passport was "too big" but I do know that within a very short time it simply seems "normal" and anything else seems absurdly small!

I love this beast!

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    herculesinwyoming likes this.
    11-19-14 12:07 PM
    it is a great device, but definitely different so you will need some time to find your way... regarding missing the letters some times, i mentioned this in another thread, the only thing that i feel i am still struggling with is the space bar, too short for my linking... i hit the letter b often instead of space... maybe i will go to office depot and get something to put on top of the bar space to have a different texture at touch...
    11-19-14 12:21 PM
    My very first impression when pictures started to leak was "Uhhhh, what are they thinking?" Now, after using it for a few weeks, I understand what BB was going for, which is sturdiness, productivity and a unique, eye-catching design.

I've adapted to it so well that when I pick up my wife's Z30 or daughter's iPhone 5c I'm worried I'll drop them, since they seem so much less substantial.
    11-19-14 01:28 PM
    After a few days with the Passport keyboard, I wondered if it would take me a lot longer to get used to than I had expected. Then a few days later I suddenly realised that I was actually already using it instinctively & all the short cuts are rapidly falling into place. Stick with it, it's worth it!

Posted on CB10 with my Passport but previously my Q10
    11-19-14 01:34 PM
    I actually found it smaller then I originally thought! Guess I was ready for a HUGE device after reading everything here in the forums.

It has definitely grown on me, and certainly took a good week to get fully used to the keyboard ( M and N keys as well as the space bar).

OP, give it a couple hours, you'll fall in love with it, as most of us here have.
    geekaren likes this.
    11-19-14 01:36 PM
    Keyboard and width start to feel normal about day three of full use. My typing was slow at first and now it flows natural and its so nice to feel keys click again.
    11-19-14 03:16 PM
    Until I have a holster for it, I can't fully switch to the Passport, plus I need it on Verizon so I don't have to switch my line to AT&T.

I've had it for less than a week and using it in conjunction with my Z30, which is slowing down my brain from catching on because I have to switch behavior often.
    11-19-14 04:37 PM
    Had about an hour and a half to pplay with it... sadly I'll be sending it back and waiting for the classic.. too reminiscent of my note 3 as a phablet. Can't part with my note 3 just yet but think the classic is a good upgrade. Sorry guys I gave it a shot!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 06:16 PM
    i would say 1h30m it's sort of too short period to adjust to something that is clearly different but you are the only one who knows how you really feel the phone in your particular use... no need to apologize, enjoy your phone and stay around the forum!

Had about an hour and a half to pplay with it... sadly I'll be sending it back and waiting for the classic.. too reminiscent of my note 3 as a phablet. Can't part with my note 3 just yet but think the classic is a good upgrade. Sorry guys I gave it a shot!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 06:36 PM
    i would say 1h30m it's sort of too short period to adjust to something that is clearly different but you are the only one who knows how you really feel the phone in your particular use... no need to apologize, enjoy your phone and stay around the forum!
    Yes you are absolutely right. Knowing myself as well as I do I just know it's not going to work for me. I still have my awesome q10 and will continue to use BlackBerry devices for many years to come.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 06:40 PM
35 12