Hi Newbie alert, please be nice

I bought the passport a month ago and loaded on my banking First Direct app from Blackberry World and it was working absolutely fine up until Friday. On Saturday I went to log on and it said that the app needed updating but an update was not available.

After contacting First Direct 3 times (so much for best banking customer service) and being assured several times there was nothing wrong with the app and it must be me missing the update, I got a call today to say the IT department had decided as the app wasn't functioning properly just on the Passport (mine was fine) that they weren't including it in the new update!

Logging on via the website is faff, so right now I'm absolutely gutted, as I checked my banking app daily, and not sure what to do. The only saving grace is First Direct said they might make a new app next year for it, but couldn't give any firm date exactly when.

I am not very technical, however, at some point my husband keeps promising he is going to add Snap onto my phone. Does anyone know if banking apps work through Snap please? Specifically First Direct? If so, I might up the nagging
    11-17-14 02:20 PM
    Hehe...

Snap is a proxy. It's an app that allows one to log into Google Play and grap apps from there. That way, instead of waiting for your bank to update the app. you get the working Android one.

And welcome to the forums.

PS: Your husband is a bad lazy husband. Tell him "it's either Snap or the couch tonigh."
    11-17-14 03:35 PM
    Otherwise you can buy the sachesi app, change your country + device (to a supported one) and download the updated version from appworld.
    11-17-14 03:41 PM
    Thank you so much for the replies! Made DH put Snap on and it is awesome! Go back my banking app
    11-18-14 04:14 PM