I accidently dropped and subsequently lost my Passport last Saturday riding my bike. Long story short I recovered it the following day through sending a lock screen message with my phone number through BlackBerry Protect. The guy who contacted me had found the phone far off from the point where I had lost it.

I was tracking my bike trip with Locus Map when I lost my phone and thus can exactly trace where and when the finder took my phone and where he took it before dumping it in a ditch. The foul finder apparently also inserted their own SIM card into my phone. I found another provider's text message in the hub.

Can I somehow find out what SIM card was in the phone? Is there som log that records the SIM ID or phone number? Or is it possible to see to which number the provider's text message was sent?

Thanks for you help.

Posted via CB10
    martinjdub likes this.
    03-31-16 01:00 PM
    I don't believe there is a way; but the better question is, does it matter? You got your phone back, be grateful and move on.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 01:29 PM
    This would be all carrier side, you could call them and see if they will give you some info but not very likely as it's personal information.

Even on BES12 you could pull logs and get some data on the SIM I suspect but I'm guessing you're not on a BES

Glad to hear you got your Passport back!
    03-31-16 01:38 PM
    LOCK YOU PHONE!!!

BlackBerry Passport Sliver Edition
    JRDEMASKUS likes this.
    03-31-16 04:16 PM
    Actually, I am on a BES. Will contact the sys admin.

I am definitely grateful that the second finder was honest and returned the phone to me. The first finder though, removed the phone from where I could have found it myself within a minute of me dropping it (I can see that in the GPS track), tried to use it for himself and finally ditched it when he failed. I'm pissed.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 06:42 AM
    I have found 2 Live cellphones walking the dog, and returned them to their owners. Neither was locked.
    The second phone I dropped off with the owners sister, left them my phone number.
    Never heard back from them with a "Thank you" (It was a new S6 Edge, lost while drunk)
    So the next unlocked phone I find I am keeping.
    Sorry but people suck!
    Lock your phone, enable reset protection, and leave return information on your lock screen.
    04-01-16 09:27 AM
    Our BES doesn't log this kind of information. Oh well then.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 10:51 AM
    I read "I don't have time to scrub the logs" says your BES admin.
    Sorry to hear that.

Posted via CB10 and the BlackBerry Passport
    04-01-16 01:48 PM
    Actually, I am on a BES. Will contact the sys admin.

I am definitely grateful that the second finder was honest and returned the phone to me. The first finder though, removed the phone from where I could have found it myself within a minute of me dropping it (I can see that in the GPS track), tried to use it for himself and finally ditched it when he failed. I'm pissed.

Posted via CB10
    Be pissed with yourself for being careless; and as I said before, be grateful you have it back.
    04-01-16 04:44 PM