So past two days I have found my blackberry passport completely turned off. This has already happened two times. Anyone else have this issue? I can't tell whether it's software or hardware related.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 04:18 PM
    To rule out software completely, you'd have to backup your phone using BlackBerry Link, and then reload the software.

To reload:
    • Download one of the many autoloaders found here, but make sure you get one for your devide/model, Plug the device to the PC and run the exe file;
    • Turn your device off and plug it to the PC, BlackBerry Link will ask if you want to reload the software. Agree to it.

After that is done, all your data will be gone from the phone (but safe on the backup). Load your accounts on it.I'd stay away from apps (particularly Android ones) for the duration of the test, just to make sure it's not an OS issue. If it stops "dying on you", restore the backup.

If it starts right after you load your accounts, it's a hardware issue. If it only starts after you restore the backup, it's some app gone crazy.
    10-23-14 04:28 PM
    You may be accidentally holding the power button while it is in your pocket or somehow. Is your power button very sensitive ?

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    10-23-14 04:39 PM
    You may be accidentally holding the power button while it is in your pocket or somehow. Is your power button very sensitive ?

Posted via CB10
    To lightly tap the top buttom and have the screen go on and off is one thing, to press it till the phone actually goes off is another. And it's a Passport. And she's a girl (Mona, right?). I don't think the pocket theory holds here.

But by all means if you do have it in a pocket or any other situation where that could happen, check what he said, should save you some time!
    10-23-14 04:43 PM
    I was wondering where exactly the Passport was when she found it turned off.

Was thinking the same about the power button. I was doing this a lot on my Z30 initially until I figured why it was happening.
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    10-23-14 04:55 PM
    I have the same problem on my z30 on 10.2.1, it happens from time to time. I thought about claiming warranty a few times but I'm not sure they would give me a new phone because of that reason...
    10-23-14 05:15 PM
    Have had it happen once, phone was on a desk so I didn't accidentally turn it off. Think it's a software issue.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 06:04 PM
    My passport has gone a bit slow / frozen a couple of times then I've had to restart. Seems to be when trying to get off the lock screen. To use the phone!

It sounds like a software issue, try the reinstalling of the software and then go from there! Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 06:15 PM
    Anyone else have this issue? I can't tell whether it's software or hardware related.

Posted via CB10
    No issues for me.

Software, hardware, or operator related ....
    10-23-14 06:27 PM
    Thank you for all the advice I think I will wait it out a bit and see how often it happens over the next few days. All in all its a fantastic device!!

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    10-23-14 06:33 PM
    It has happened to me twice, but only while the phone was in my pocket, so I assumed I had somehow turned it off while in my pocket.

Posted on my Passport
    10-23-14 07:08 PM