I finally made the jump from my Passport SE to a Samsung Galaxy s8+.

A sad day indeed and what precipitated it was a house move in which I had a patchy signal and needed to install the Three Android 'In Touch' Wi Fi App. It just would not install on the Passport.

I tried the KeyOne but it's a pale imitation of the Passport. It's too heavy (and has an odd weight ratio in your hand) and the keyboard is a dog. It also loses the wider Passport SE wide screen.

I finally decided upon the S8+ and installed the BB Hub, Contacts, Calendar etc and I have to say it's pretty nice and faster than a greased whippet with some real innovative features.

I'm keeping the Passport as a second phone and I do miss it sometimes on day to day use (particularly the Remember App) but life moves on. C'est la vie Passport.....
    krazyatom likes this.
    05-22-17 02:13 PM
    At least you got BlackBerry App to support BlackBerry!
    Bee Gee likes this.
    05-22-17 02:17 PM
    Been using Priv on weekends. Getting used to it. However, I email and text A LOT and my Passport SE still blows it away.

PP also easier to use when driving.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-17 05:33 PM
    Been using Priv on weekends. Getting used to it. However, I email and text A LOT and my Passport SE still blows it away.

Posted via CB10
    I hope you don't mean while you're actively driving.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-17 08:01 PM
    I hope you don't mean while you're actively driving.

Posted via CB10
    I think he does ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted via CB10
    05-23-17 01:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    That is just selfish.

Bush did bb10
    05-23-17 10:16 AM
    I think he does ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted via CB10
    Like this?
    05-23-17 10:37 AM

Posted via CB10
    Tried the Priv. I tried 2 but both had a dodgy rocker which meant you had move,met depending where you clicked on the screen. The keyboards and was better than the keyone IMO but still not a patch on the Passport. It was also slooooow.

If BB had simply made an Android Passport they would have cleaned up IMO.
    05-23-17 01:48 PM
    Tried the Priv. I tried 2 but both had a dodgy rocker which meant you had move,met depending where you clicked on the screen. The keyboards and was better than the keyone IMO but still not a patch on the Passport. It was also slooooow.

If BB had simply made an Android Passport they would have cleaned up IMO.
    But they can't make an Android passport.
    Android doesn't support they ratio.
    They tried to build it but it was too much trouble

Posted via CB10
    05-23-17 02:19 PM
    Like this?
    In that case, the widescreen would be wonderful :lol:

Posted via CB10
    05-23-17 02:27 PM
    But they can't make an Android passport.
    Android doesn't support they ratio.
    They tried to build it but it was too much trouble

Posted via CB10
    That is not true. Other vendors have made android phones with the same screen ratio. For example Android LG Vu2. Even looks like the passport.
    05-23-17 02:34 PM
    That is not true. Other vendors have made android phones with the same screen ratio. For example Android LG Vu2. Even looks like the passport.
    Passport is 1x1, LG VU II is 4 x3 which is an accepted Android ratio.

Imaging adding a keyboard below that screen..... device would be much too tall for most users.
    05-23-17 03:49 PM
    Passport is 1x1, LG VU II is 4 x3 which is an accepted Android ratio.

Imaging adding a keyboard below that screen..... device would be much too tall for most users.
    LG G6 and the S8 both break the Google screen ratio rules so there are exceptions. Also a keyboard on the Vu2 would just replace the soft keyboard. It would look entirely appropriate
    05-23-17 04:06 PM
    Losers will be lost. Lost will lose stuff. Lost have stuff to lose. Lost are the losers. To lose is won by the loser. Losers win everything that is lost.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    Last edited by Zeratul57; 05-23-17 at 06:32 PM.
    05-23-17 05:56 PM
    So you would advocate Apping-out one of the better Android Phones with BB Apps instead of using the K1?!? Not sure, I want to go there, just yet, but maybe that is what one has to think about, gulp - I'll get the K1 over the weekend, I'll keep you're comments in mind when I start playing with the device......
    05-24-17 10:21 AM
    LG G6 and the S8 both break the Google screen ratio rules so there are exceptions.
    No, they don't at all.

Also a keyboard on the Vu2 would just replace the soft keyboard. It would look entirely appropriate
    I don't think you understand at all. The Vu2 has a 4:3 screen. If you put a PP-like keyboard on the phone without lengthening the device, you'd have to cut the screen, and you'd end up with a 1:1 screen, which is not supported. If you added the PKB on to the Vu2's form factor (keeping the 4:3 screen), you'd lengthen the device, which most people would object to.

It's pretty simple, and you can't have it both ways without making it a slider - which, again, most people don't want.
    05-24-17 01:04 PM
    No, they don't at all.

I don't think you understand at all. The Vu2 has a 4:3 screen. If you put a PP-like keyboard on the phone without lengthening the device, you'd have to cut the screen, and you'd end up with a 1:1 screen, which is not supported. If you added the PKB on to the Vu2's form factor (keeping the 4:3 screen), you'd lengthen the device, which most people would object to.

It's pretty simple, and you can't have it both ways without making it a slider - which, again, most people don't want.
    The biggest problem is Google. Too many rules. Allow the manufacturer to build it, and people will decide if it's acceptable.

Sent from my 10 Passort SE
    05-24-17 06:04 PM