Z10 was not behaving properly for quite some time, so I decided to, change the handset and passport was the obvious choice.

Need help with couple of things :

1 why some of the apps on z10 are not available on this?
    2. Why does geekbench 3 shows cpu as ARM?
    3. If someone can help me with tips and tricks to reduce my learning curve.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 09:55 PM
    Congratulations!

Now, to answer your first question, some apps available for the Z10 aren't available for the Passport because the developer didn't made a Passport version of the app. As you can see, the Z10 and the Passport has different aspect ratio. An app has to have different versions for it to fit perfectly on various BlackBerry 10 devices. Second, it shows as "ARM" because the Passport's CPU, Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 8974-AA, uses ARMv7 instruction set.
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    01-16-15 10:01 PM
    Z10 was not behaving properly for quite some time, so I decided to, change the handset and passport was the obvious choice.

Need help with couple of things :

1 why some of the apps on z10 are not available on this?
    2. Why does geekbench 3 shows cpu as ARM?
    3. If someone can help me with tips and tricks to reduce my learning curve.

Posted via CB10

Good question about the apps, it's my understanding that blackberry gave a certain time frame for app developers to optimized their application for passport. If they didn't they were pulled. Unfortunately there were some apps working completely fine that have been pulled.

btW...welcome to Team Passport
    01-16-15 10:06 PM
    Thanks for your help

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 10:18 PM
    What app would you like good sir?

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 10:24 PM
    Thanks for your help

Posted via CB10
    You can always sideload the bar file. Weather network works fine, I've sideloaded to my device

Executive Producer of a Bunch of Losers for a BBM Group that doesn't Exist via My Passport
    01-16-15 10:46 PM
    I was looking for hdfc bank app

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 12:15 AM
    I had escalated the issue of HDFC bank app to their team, they replied they were working on making the app compatible for the passport. This was about 2 months ago. So I am not very hopeful.

Fortunately, I discovered that the actual banking website works superb on the phone (not the mobile version), just use the save to home screen version and it will save as an app icon and will work well (atleast till last week for me) if you have data connection.

However...I am sure the tech guys in HDFC bank are really lousy. They have done some update to their desktop site, it hardly works from last week. Their actual app for BlackBerry 10 used to work really well on the Z10 and Z30, they updated that too and made it unusable. Just go the comments section of hdfc bank on BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 04:30 AM