It's Note 3.

You can use the gestures (scrolling) in the hub itself but you can't actually swipe from home screen into the hub.
    Thank you for the info. Will help me to sell the wife I am not crazy for wanting it. Lol

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 03:44 AM
    I won't be buying the passport since I prefer my Z30 but if someone litteraly gave it to me I would skip my Z30, and use the passport everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

Not trying for say ungrateful here. Personally I would just love the battery life the highres screen and the keyboard.

I don't think it's a consumer device. It's not good for watching videos and I prefer 24 icons on my Z30. However if someone handed it to me that's another story - and I have even been accused of bashing the passport.
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    09-15-14 03:51 AM
    I won't be buying the passport since I prefer my Z30 but if someone litteraly gave it to me I would skip my Z30, and use the passport everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

Not trying for say ungrateful here. Personally I would just love the battery life the highres screen and the keyboard.

I don't think it's a consumer device. It's not good for watching videos and I prefer 24 icons on my Z30. However if someone handed it to me that's another story - and I have even been accused of bashing the passport.
    I must disagree with you on the 'not good for watching videos' part. The screen is amazing over here and even the audio compared to previous BB handsets!
    09-15-14 04:36 AM
    I know you guys have seen a lot of photos recently, thought of sharing some fresh ones:

Attachment 297965Attachment 297967

To be honest, i think i withdraw some of my previous words... I'm starting to fall in love..
    Yipee... I see you turn around on your comments... this phone is just making me fall in love.. I love it

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 04:46 AM
    OP, thanks for sharing your opinion and the photos. Could you tell me what the orange symbols are on the keyboard. I may have missed something but i thought the passport would not have numbers/symbols on its keyboard like the Q10 and older keyboard BB's.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 04:46 AM
    Thanks for sharing this!
    Compared to the Note 3, it is wider of course but I think, from ergonomis point of view, the fact is it significantly less tall is the very good point.
    The pics are also very good.
    What is the keyboard layout here (can not see what the orange symbols are referring to)?
    09-15-14 04:55 AM
    09-15-14 05:10 AM
    Passport looks like a businnes smart phone for real man. It's not for playing Candy Crash or to take a selfies
    09-15-14 05:57 AM
    Case_k, Local language I think
    09-15-14 05:59 AM
    Thank you for sharing.
    Your post rattled me a bit.
    I really want this phone, but I an NOT a professional. I am a regular guy and reading this has me thinking maybe I don't really need this phone...
    I do a lot of emailing, but not too many document s though.
    Hmmm.
    Still most probably going to get this phone however ....just for the sheer horse power!!

Z30 user and lover.
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    09-15-14 06:05 AM
    I must disagree with you on the 'not good for watching videos' part. The screen is amazing over here and even the audio compared to previous BB handsets!
    Would just like to be able to go full-screen and actually fill the whole screen from what I seen you can't do that.

PS my desktop screen is 1920x1200 16:10. So I'm not a foreigner to black stipes and different resolution. Just don't see a purpose for 1:1 to my needs, albeit it features newer/better technology.
    andy957 likes this.
    09-15-14 06:12 AM
    Don't worry , we all are so used to the normal phone shapes (cause there aren't much phone makers who dare to go out of the box) that the most of us will have/ had a setback for a moment when it first appeared.
    Will take some time to get used to BUT there is a big chanse that when you get used to it , you will look at the current device models/shapes and think : Why the hell do al those phones look 'kind off the same'.

it is extra ordenairy and only because of this it will get a lot of attention.
    If all the attention turns out negative or positive will depend on how the users/blackberry/press deal with the possibilities of the device itself

Think different or make people think different, we are not ment to be sheeps and follow the usual stuff
    EXACTLY!! remember when the 1st gen Note came to the market? people were so negative in fact they kept on cursing Samsung for their crazy idea to ever design, manufacture & sell the that phone to the market, but how is it now?? it's a breakthrough, isn't it?

the passport will DO THAT AGAIN, it will be a BREAKTHROUGH!!

COME ON PASSPORT.. COME SOONER!!
    RubenDM and Steelsheen like this.
    09-15-14 06:52 AM
    It's a BlackBerry. We can't expect too much that it's gonna go like Samsung n4/3 or the predecessors. But we'll see.
    NotGoodIMO likes this.
    09-15-14 07:04 AM
    Thanks OP for your honest assessment and frequent updates! Your getting more used to the phone and falling in love with it makes me even more anxious to get my hands on it!

Posted via CB10
    kareem_ruhi likes this.
    09-15-14 07:38 AM
    I was really anxious to see it physically as i had mixed emotions about it through the images (i think most of you do as well).

I've been waiting to get my hands on it for the past 2 weeks but, unfortunately, as soon as my friend gave it to me, my reaction was: "Listen, you can keep it". I actually ended up taking it just for the sake of trouble he's been into to bring me one.

Honestly speaking, i don't know how high were the designers.. I don't know if it will actually grow on me in terms of size, i have no idea how some people used to say that it's a 'sexy' design; it might be, but not in this size - its TOO wide. Couldn't they just make it a bit less wider? Or do you have to stick to the square screen when having a keyboard?

I brought it into the office this morning and showed it to few of my colleagues, the reaction was so negative.. At least when you buy a new phone, you expect people to take it and play around with it not laugh at you? It's not that i want to 'show off' but it should bring a positive vibe at least?

I've been a BB user since the Pearl era and i was really looking forward to this model as finally we have a large screen WITH a physical keyboard (which is one of the major things i'm still loyal to Blackberry).. Thought i'll be replacing my Q10 in a month but i'm really frustrated. As much as i'm trying to convince myself, it's just too odd in the hand..

Nonetheless, the device performance is indeed marvelous and the camera is excellent as well. If you're worried about the weird keyboard, don't worry, i got used to it after 10 minutes - it's not a big deal. But the size, i simply couldn't....

I hope a miracle happens and they release a less wide handset in the official launch!

Cheers from a loyal Blackberry user (i wonder till when..)
    For me, the best reference to compare with is a real passport (the document). I am used to it (I travel often), and I find it easy to handle. Finally, is it a matter of size (usability) or your buddies reaction?.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Steelsheen likes this.
    09-15-14 07:38 AM
    I know you guys have seen a lot of photos recently, thought of sharing some fresh ones:

To be honest, i think i withdraw some of my previous words... I'm starting to fall in love..
    This says it all. Wasn't a fan at first and now he's starting to fall in love. Keep the updates coming.

Posted via Q10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    09-15-14 07:41 AM
    I was really anxious to see it physically as i had mixed emotions about it through the images (i think most of you do as well).

I've been waiting to get my hands on it for the past 2 weeks but, unfortunately, as soon as my friend gave it to me, my reaction was: "Listen, you can keep it". I actually ended up taking it just for the sake of trouble he's been into to bring me one.

Honestly speaking, i don't know how high were the designers.. I don't know if it will actually grow on me in terms of size, i have no idea how some people used to say that it's a 'sexy' design; it might be, but not in this size - its TOO wide. Couldn't they just make it a bit less wider? Or do you have to stick to the square screen when having a keyboard?

I brought it into the office this morning and showed it to few of my colleagues, the reaction was so negative.. At least when you buy a new phone, you expect people to take it and play around with it not laugh at you? It's not that i want to 'show off' but it should bring a positive vibe at least?

I've been a BB user since the Pearl era and i was really looking forward to this model as finally we have a large screen WITH a physical keyboard (which is one of the major things i'm still loyal to Blackberry).. Thought i'll be replacing my Q10 in a month but i'm really frustrated. As much as i'm trying to convince myself, it's just too odd in the hand..

Nonetheless, the device performance is indeed marvelous and the camera is excellent as well. If you're worried about the weird keyboard, don't worry, i got used to it after 10 minutes - it's not a big deal. But the size, i simply couldn't....

I hope a miracle happens and they release a less wide handset in the official launch!

Cheers from a loyal Blackberry user (i wonder till when..)
    They laughed and you had nothing for them? Screw what everyone else thinks. Before they impose their opinion and picked on you, what did you think? People don't like ( are scared of) different.
    09-15-14 07:42 AM
    For anybody concerned with the size� You don't have to wait to hold a device in your hand to understand the size, just pick up your passport� this was stated a very long time ago�.SMH
    Jaredius likes this.
    09-15-14 08:00 AM
    I use to say the same thing about the Z30 (coming from Z10). But after getting use to the Z30- playing with the Z10 seems so small (i know it is weird). But thank you for sharing your experiencing with us. I cannot wait until it becomes available in the US.
    09-15-14 08:13 AM

Attachment 297965Attachment 297967

OP, seriously its such a beautiful device. Look at it, it sparkles. I'm sorry that you don't like it. Hopefully you will slowly start liking the device.
    09-15-14 09:45 AM
    God this phone is so wide! I can get over the looks but I don't always want to have to two hand a phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 10:02 AM
    I'm not surprise when you show the phone to people with negative reaction from them. Their eyes/brain are not train to see the big square phone. Their brains only recorded rounded images narrow width and long in length, but when they see the big square phone, their brain will reject right away. It's normal. I'm proud of BlackBerry has the gut to be different than the rest of the smartphone company.
    09-15-14 10:15 AM
    I'm looking forward to the big square screen for reading documents. I get work PDF files to read and on my Q10 I have to pinch and scroll back and forth to be able to read.

I know it seems to be the new norm, but is the camera protruding from the back of the phone, or is it inset a little? Does the lens sit on the table when you place it down?

I'm hoping they have a holster that works with a soft shell (like the Q10). One of the reasons I use the soft shell (even though the phone looks much better naked) is to protect the camera lens.
    Steelsheen likes this.
    09-15-14 10:27 AM
    Passport looks like a businnes smart phone for real man. It's not for playing Candy Crash or to take a selfies
    Hey ... let's not forget that the Passport is capable of running Candy Crush and taking selfies. This phone can serve multiple individuals.

OP, thanks for sharing your opinion and the photos. Could you tell me what the orange symbols are on the keyboard. I may have missed something but i thought the passport would not have numbers/symbols on its keyboard like the Q10 and older keyboard BB's..
    Posted via CB10
    I was curious about this as well. What are the orange symbols OP?
    09-15-14 11:02 AM
    Thanks for your impressions OP....

While I think it will be like most BlackBerries, and productivity powerhouse... I have to wonder if being a little narrower and making it a more easy to use device one handed, wouldn't have been better??? It only those with really large hands are able to use it one handed... that seems to take away a little from the overall productivity.

Guys this thing is UGLY! Most here even said it in the beginning, and you can get use to ugly...
    southlander and mnc76 like this.
    09-15-14 11:32 AM
318 1234 ...