Ok I have a question about file encryption... yesterday I went thru the process of encrypting my device and media card via the settings, not through a third party app. When I connected my passport to my Laptop I was able to get into my files, SD and Flash, without having to put in my password and I had full read write access to my files.

When I did this process on my Torch all files had a .rem extension and I had to use the desktop software to access them AND it prompted me for my password before I could gain access.

Bug?

Or am I missing a setting?

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 08:47 AM
    If you have Link installed on your computer, and the computer is set as an authorised device to connect to your handset, there is no prompt for a password. If you tell Link to forget the association with your handset and sign out, when you connect the handset you'll be prompted for the device password before the internal and SD card even mount on the computer.
    02-10-15 08:56 AM
    Plug it into a computer that's NOT known to the device or forget the association in Link. You're missing the fact you already approved your own equipment for access to your files through your BBID.
    02-10-15 08:56 AM
    I've owned Blackberry's since the 8830 WE and I'm feeling like a tool right now.

I'm in Link and can't find the association setting anywhere...

Also I used to have the blackberry desktop or device manager icon sitting in the system tray...and it's no longer there.

Feeling like a noob right now and I refuse to accept the possibility that I'm now the old guy at the computer wondering what's going on...

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 09:32 AM
    Ahhhh.... Allow Connections within the device settings.....

Tee hee hee (head on shoulder)

F...*sigh*

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 09:36 AM
    Feeling like a noob right now and I refuse to accept the possibility that I'm now the old guy at the computer wondering what's going on...

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha. I've been there too. Last year I was helping my niece set up her new Windows 8.1 computer. I was so lost! I'm still on Windows 7. Did get it up and running and learned a few tricks along the way.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 11:37 AM