Dear everyone

I would like to share my experience with my passport and the reason why I sell it again.

Once before, some people are BB fanatics and it seems that this people will defend BB under all circumstance. How ever I am just a user, searching for the right device. That is it.

To my person: I am a project manager for an international company. Every 4 � 6 weeks I travel from Europe (home) to Asia. In between a couple of times Russia. 1 � 3 times per year south America. All business. So I am quiet travelling a lot. Get about 60 mail + per day.

I had a BB 9700 before! Great communication tool but not up to date any more � I think the model is already 6 years old!

I had a IPhone for a about 3 weeks. I just could not type on it � I hate to write emails on the phone. So I bought the passport.

Let me write the good things first. (I will not list everything; just some which came into my mind)

1.) I love to write with it �. Unbelievable sexy to write. Great keyboard, right pressure; just GREAT!!

2.) Good screen you can browse in the internet � it was possible that almost every side in the browser opened was the desktop version. I hate this mobile versions �.

Okay, that was the good ones, no it will change a little bit what I did not like so much

3.) You need to operate it with both hands. � walking at the airport with the trolley in one hand and using the phone in the other is very very difficult or let�s say impossible. (I am 185cm tall and have quiet big hands)
    I could live with that, even it would not be so comfortable

4.) The settings you can do on the device is quiet poor. You have to use it as it is. When you see this android versions what the can change, just forget it on the Passport. You have to adopt the full working style from the Passport.
    e.g. LED notification stops blinking after 15min (I would like to change it to unlimited � not possible)
    e.g. Music player � you get a list of the 10 most listened songs � you have to life with it, you can not deactivate it. No list view in the music player �

5.) The HUB is a great tool. The idea is great! I like it; all communication in one application. All looks the same (at least I think this should be the intention). How ever almost no application is integrated well. Whats app is ok. Facabook is not really integrated � after opening a fb message from the HUB it will jump to the Facebook messenger.

6.) Whats App is running quiet good; even if the quality and optic is quiet poor (compared with I phone)

Now the point which was the killer for me

7.) I want to have one tool as communication center. I do not like to travel with two phones. So I also need to have WeChat (is like WhatsApp for China), Skype, Viber ect. � you know, just all the very known communication tools �.
    All this application where available but they were running on the android simulation. So when the application is not open you will not get any notification until you open the program again. No skype notification until you go into the program �
    I do not want to have this programs open all the time � I want to have proper notification on such a tool and no workaround.
    With this I could not life � sorry �.

And one more comment: Movie maker � it is the most useless program I ever saw � I do not understand how BB could put a single Dollar in such a s�. program.

How ever, this are my humble findings after 3 weeks of intensive testing. And again I am still searching for my right device.
    11-25-14 04:17 AM
    I read your entire message

You would probably be better off on android as a good portion of your use seems more app / personal related than just as a business device.

That said most of your concerns with some of the quirks might be addressed at some point or compensated with an application.

That said you have your own personal desires and know what you want so hopefully you will be ok with something

PS - I've managed to actually become able to use the phone one handed. I prefer to type with two hands no matter which device but it's manageable with practice.

Take care.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 04:31 AM
    I will comment on a few points.
    LED notification never stops for me until I check the notification!?
    Music has list view
    Feedback after 3 weeks of intensive use of the Passport and why I sell it again-img_20141125_155755.png
    Feedback after 3 weeks of intensive use of the Passport and why I sell it again-img_20141125_155801.png
    Feedback after 3 weeks of intensive use of the Passport and why I sell it again-img_20141125_155808.png
    And about when opening a fb message, it opens up fb messenger, I didn't not understand that?!
    When I open any fb conversation from HUB, it doesn't open up any app! :S

Posted via CB10
    Dodger52 and ckasey like this.
    11-25-14 04:31 AM
    Wechat is native.

Posted via CB10
    AZN likes this.
    11-25-14 04:33 AM
    For one handed issue, get the Q10, I was a Z30 user, so when I was switching to Q10, I thought it wouldn't last, but I just wanted to try the phone, and sell it off later after a week or something. But after getting the Q10, I have felt like the screen size is more than enough for me and now I don't feel like going back to an all touch BB10.

Posted via CB10
    sk8er_tor and anon(5597702) like this.
    11-25-14 04:34 AM
    I sometimes notice LED comes off but I think it has to do with if that app that gets notified is my active app. I never timed it to see if it will go off after 15 mins.
    I
    There is no messenger just seems to open a solitary conversation window for the individual being responded too.

Posted via CB10
    eldrover likes this.
    11-25-14 04:42 AM
    Sounds like Classic might be the phone for you, most of the issues aside from one handed use have solutions as you can see above.. and have you tried bbm as an alternative communication tool?

Check Out TechCraze
    11-25-14 04:51 AM
    Sounds like Classic might be the phone for you, most of the issues aside from one handed use have solutions as you can see above.. and have you tried bbm as an alternative communication tool?

Check Out TechCraze
    He won't like that as BBM willb require him to ensure his business contacts install their cross-platform version which most will refuse for a variety of reasons.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 04:55 AM
    Viber app gets notification even when not active in the active frames.

One handed typing is almost impossible but that's also true for the Note or any other phablet.

Phone choice is unique per person. Some value the customization, some don't. Some value the physical keyboard some don't. Some like phablet some don't.

I think the Passport just isn't for the OP.

I also travel a lot, and what I like about the Passport is the ease in typing long emails. I always have my surface pro with me when I travel. Before I always need to bring out my Surface Pro to write long emails or even read spreadsheet attachments. My iphone before was only good for writing one sentence replies like "Noted." or "I'll look into it."

Now, I can write long emails without the need to bring out my Surface anymore. Such a convenience when traveling. True, I still have to stop and use both hands but it's a lot easier than having to find a seat, bring out my Surface Pro tether it to my phone and write my email.

Again, different people different uses.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 05:03 AM
    I'll buy that passport OP. Kindly pm me.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 05:11 AM
    Good luck CurryRush.
    It was nice to have your post.
    Think again after reading the posts.
    Maybe the Classic will be for you.
    11-25-14 08:07 AM
    Some simple searches on google would have solved 80% of the issues you listed, as other have mentioned maybe you set out not to like the device in the first place and wanted it to convince you otherwise...

As a note, i am also 185cm with big-ish hands and i can type reasonably well with one hand, but that is where the swipe keyboard comes into play

Posted via my game changer BlackBerry Passport
    11-25-14 09:28 AM
    I agree with the notification integration for Android apps. It's definitely not working as it should, for now. I'm hoping this changes. After all, with such a strong dependency on Android apps to fill in the ecosystem gaps, Android apps should behave as good as they do on a native Android device. Things are a bit better I think in OS 10.3.1 but still not there. The rest is more or less a moot point for me as its really about personal preferences. I dislike the customizability of Android because it's used as a scapegoat that allows for less investment in the development of a proper UI/UX.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    11-25-14 09:34 AM
    I use Kakaotalk and Wechat, and they all give me notifications even when they are closed.

For LED settings, you can buy 2 dollar apps such as "Hub++" that will give you the LED specific settings plus so much more.

For Facebook, you clicked on a Facebook message you received, so the hub brings out the Facebook conversation.... I am not sure what the problem is? You can open the entire Facebook app if you want to look at people's walls.

Posted via CB10
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    11-25-14 09:41 AM
    This one handed business is getting tedious... like really.. read the reviews... people keep bringing up an issue like one handed or apps/.... the device has been out for a couple months... it was never marketed nor has it been indicated it is a one handed device... the app situation is well documented for those who come form other ecosystems... there WILL BE ISSUES with app availabilty... so why do we keep being subjected to these threads... when all the OP and others had to do is a bare minimum of research to know these would be issues.. just on the one handed issue alone... just read the reviews and the OP could have save their time and ours with this thread....
    11-25-14 09:59 AM
    How can the OP say he has used the 9700 for several years and then complain about the LED on BB10? I mean, even the legacy BBOS LED would stop blinking after a set time period. This is intentional so you know if you have anything NEW or if it's the same notification from an hour ago. Nothing changed here except that we have a complaint. And like others said, if you have small hands and want one handed use, get a Q10. The comment about Facebook... I don't get it. Facebook messages work fine for me from the Hub. And the OP saying WhatsApp is better on iPhone? Are you kidding me? WhatsApp is great on BB10 and works very well; thanks to WhatsApp's continued upgrades.
    andy957 likes this.
    11-25-14 10:23 AM
    "You need to operate it with both hands. � walking at the airport with the trolley in one hand and using the phone in the other is very very difficult or let�s say impossible. (I am 185cm tall and have quiet big hands)
    I could live with that, even it would not be so comfortable"

-------> It's the same with all huge phones, can't really do much about it.

"The settings you can do on the device is quiet poor. You have to use it as it is. When you see this android versions what the can change, just forget it on the Passport. You have to adopt the full working style from the Passport.
    e.g. LED notification stops blinking after 15min (I would like to change it to unlimited � not possible)
    e.g. Music player � you get a list of the 10 most listened songs � you have to life with it, you can not deactivate it. No list view in the music player"

-----> there are many apps to let you adjust blinking time: BeBuzz, Hub++
    For music, you simply have to change the view, like someone already showed above.

"The HUB is a great tool. The idea is great! I like it; all communication in one application. All looks the same (at least I think this should be the intention). How ever almost no application is integrated well. Whats app is ok. Facabook is not really integrated � after opening a fb message from the HUB it will jump to the Facebook messenger. "

-----> I don't really understand this point. What's not integrated? Where do you expect the fb message to open if not in fb messenger? What hub does is eliminates the need for you to open the fb app, then go to messenger, select a particular contact. All this is done in just one tap for you. It is the fastest way to get it done. Not sure what you mean here. Also, how do you expect Whatsapp to improve? Both in terms of integration and as an app? Other than not being able to share music file, I don't see how it is lesser than any other platform. It's a beautifully designed app and cascades make it more fluid. In fact, with hub, you could chat with a group in the app, and with an individual in the hub at the same time, with just a single swipe. You could do the same thing with BBM, view a channel in the app, while chatting in the hub.

"Whats App is running quiet good; even if the quality and optic is quiet poor (compared with I phone) "

----> Again, couldn't really understand this point. If you meant the image quality, it's Whatsapp who compresses images, not your device.

"I want to have one tool as communication center. I do not like to travel with two phones. So I also need to have WeChat (is like WhatsApp for China), Skype, Viber ect. � you know, just all the very known communication tools �.
    All this application where available but they were running on the android simulation. So when the application is not open you will not get any notification until you open the program again. No skype notification until you go into the program �
    I do not want to have this programs open all the time � I want to have proper notification on such a tool and no workaround.
    With this I could not life � sorry �. "

----> native Wechat is available.
    Skype is available too. And you don't have to keep them running to get the notifications. Both send out proper notifications to the hub even after closing them.

"And one more comment: Movie maker � it is the most useless program I ever saw � I do not understand how BB could put a single Dollar in such a s�. program. "

-----> you might not like but why do you even have to use it in that case? Just ignore it?

I think you need to know your device a little better. Any device you use.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 10:52 AM
    Sure call us whatever you like, fanatics, fanboys, Crackberrian. Whatever it is, we are proud Blackberry owners. We are here to help each other, find answers and show our love and support for Blackberry.

Nobody here is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to buy the Passport...twice. You are here by choice and you are free to purchase whatever phone suits you best.

Dear everyone
    Once before, some people are BB fanatics and it seems that this people will defend BB under all circumstance. How ever I am just a user, searching for the right device. That is it.
    11-25-14 11:31 AM
    so, I have it now for a couple of weeks... I bought it with the intent of 2 hand use & rarely, if ever, use it in phone-to-ear in favor of speakerphone which works great ...I find some customization lacking, but I think they are listening to the cb & bb forum posts & incorporating some tweaks into push updates ...nothing is perfect ...I came over from the HP Pre 3 which was great but now long in the tooth ...so
    11-25-14 12:01 PM
    so, I have it now for a couple of weeks... I bought it with the intent of 2 hand use & rarely, if ever, use it in phone-to-ear in favor of speakerphone which works great ...I find some customization lacking, but I think they are listening to the cb & bb forum posts & incorporating some tweaks into push updates ...nothing is perfect ...I came over from the HP Pre 3 which was great but now long in the tooth ...so
    I'm sorry but if anything I would say, at least in certain aspects things are OVER customisable.. the only comparison that makes BlackBerry uncustomisable is to legacy devices imo, yes android let's you do a lot of design things, but BlackBerry has loads of functional customisations, though some have been left to apps, from led light to the vibrance of the screen, the customisations seem to go on and on, could you be more specific about what options you think you are missing?

Not trying to put down your point, but it may be that you expect the OS to customise via a certain way but it actually works another way, but there may be generally things that I gloss over as an individual that are important to you, hence me asking for specific examples of the lacking customisation??

Check Out TechCraze
    11-25-14 12:41 PM
    "You need to operate it with both hands. � walking at the airport with the trolley in one hand and using the phone in the other is very very difficult or let�s say impossible. (I am 185cm tall and have quiet big hands)
    I could live with that, even it would not be so comfortable"

-------> It's the same with all huge phones, can't really do much about it.

"The settings you can do on the device is quiet poor. You have to use it as it is. When you see this android versions what the can change, just forget it on the Passport. You have to adopt the full working style from the Passport.
    e.g. Music player � you get a list of the 10 most listened songs � you have to life with it, you can not deactivate it. No list view in the music player"

-----> there are many apps to let you adjust blinking time: BeBuzz, Hub++
    For music, you simply have to change the view, like someone already showed above.

"The HUB is a great tool. The idea is great! I like it; all communication in one application. All looks the same (at least I think this should be the intention). How ever almost no application is integrated well. Whats app is ok. Facabook is not really integrated � after opening a fb message from the HUB it will jump to the Facebook messenger. "

-----> I don't really understand this point. What's not integrated? Where do you expect the fb message to open if not in fb messenger? What hub does is eliminates the need for you to open the fb app, then go to messenger, select a particular contact. All this is done in just one tap for you. It is the fastest way to get it done. Not sure what you mean here. Also, how do you expect Whatsapp to improve? Both in terms of integration and as an app? Other than not being able to share music file, I don't see how it is lesser than any other platform. It's a beautifully designed app and cascades make it more fluid. In fact, with hub, you could chat with a group in the app, and with an individual in the hub at the same time, with just a single swipe. You could do the same thing with BBM, view a channel in the app, while chatting in the hub.

"Whats App is running quiet good; even if the quality and optic is quiet poor (compared with I phone) "

----> Again, couldn't really understand this point. If you meant the image quality, it's Whatsapp who compresses images, not your device.

"I want to have one tool as communication center. I do not like to travel with two phones. So I also need to have WeChat (is like WhatsApp for China), Skype, Viber ect. � you know, just all the very known communication tools �.
    With this I could not life � sorry �. "

----> native Wechat is available.
    Skype is available too. And you don't have to keep them running to get the notifications. Both send out proper notifications to the hub even after closing them.

"And one more comment: Movie maker � it is the most useless program I ever saw � I do not understand how BB could put a single Dollar in such a s�. program. "

-----> you might not like but why do you even have to use it in that case? Just ignore it?

I think you need to know your device a little better. Any device you use.

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree. The OP might know the device better.

I think he's missing a lot of information from BB10 OS.

Via CB10 / STL1 / 10.3.1.1151 / BBM:2AF321DC
    11-25-14 01:19 PM
    You will never find a perfect phone, get used to carrying two of your favorite platforms, in my case BB10 and Android, and you will fill in the gaps. You need a business phone and need to type a whole lot then blackberry qwerty is the only way, need apps, then either go droid or iOS as a second daily driver. A perfect phone does not exist. If I had to carry just one phone, it would be a blackberry qwerty since I can also run android apps, which are not perfect all the time, but work........
    11-26-14 02:18 PM
    Story Maker useless? I love it! It even edits my GoPro HD footage like charm and I edit all my sports videos in it!

So glad that BB bought it!
    KingOfQwerty likes this.
    11-26-14 03:48 PM
    I love moviemaker

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 04:10 PM
    i think you will like the classic and 10.3.1. Just wait about a month and see when you test it out
    11-26-14 04:30 PM
43 12