So today I got a notification in the hub saying I cannot send messages from the hub anymore since the service was cancelled yesterday. Anyone else experiencing this?

 Gentlemen, it has been a privilege playing with you! PP OG 
    12-01-16 11:03 AM
    Yes.... it no longer works.
    andy957 likes this.
    12-01-16 11:26 AM
    Yes.... it no longer works.
    Well....cheers, I guess?
    Thanks for confirming!

12-01-16 11:30 AM
    There are quite a few threads on this.... started yesterday I think (or last night). It's simply that FaceBook has started doing what they said, almost a year ago. Apps that relied on older public API would no longer work. We have been fortunate that Messenger and the FaceBook app have worked this long.
    JG_Agustin and andy957 like this.
    12-01-16 11:37 AM
    Wow just got that message today on the hub. As long as Text messaging, email, and my browser works, I'm golden.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-16 04:53 PM
    Well I guess there is no more use for the app other than for contacts integration.

I think I will set up the messaging notifications on Facebook to send me an email to notify of incoming msg's

Ah well.....

Posted via CB10
    12-01-16 09:18 PM
    Well I guess there is no more use for the app other than for contacts integration.

I think I will set up the messaging notifications on Facebook to send me an email to notify of incoming msg's

Ah well.....

Posted via CB10
    Try FaceSlim from BlackBerry World, it's a Web wrapper for Facebook's mobile page and has basic Hub notifications. The only downside is that pictures cannot be saved/downloaded despite "having" the option.

Other Android apps which supposedly have basic Hub notifications too are Facebook and Messenger Lite.

Here's a small list I made with alternatives for BB10: http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru.../#post12684822
    andy957 likes this.
    12-01-16 10:15 PM
    Can we still share pictures from the pictures share menu!?

Posted via CB10
    12-02-16 12:08 AM

Posted via CB10
    Using Facebook "Messenger" and does not seem to do the share from original picture but other than that it works. I tried it way back and decided I liked the native FB better but now I guess we are short on choices aren't we?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 12-04-16 at 09:14 PM.
    12-02-16 01:18 PM
    Well what app integrates with hub and will allow messaging now?

I was using the original FB app for massaging and the Web for everything else.

Posted via CB10
    Peter_Baker likes this.
    12-03-16 07:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    ...you can still share...well at least I was doing that early this morning...

Posted on my Powerful Passport
    12-03-16 08:04 AM
    When I received this message on sending messages in the hub I almost lost my ****. I'm so sick and tired of all of the things that makes me buy blackberry going away.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    12-06-16 07:32 AM
    Sooner or later I'll be getting a Dtek anyway. Now the PP is merely a workhorse.

12-09-16 03:31 AM
    I don't care for the data mining Facebook really. Such a relief that they are leaving. They have no reason to force people who clearly love their phones to give up their comforts and go to a new system. Yes they might be innovating which is the excuse but they should be able to at least provide basic services to those on lower capability systems like symbian and the like because most people who use those systems live in poorer countries.

What they want is for us to move to an open and porous os so they can have unrestricted access to our data. I remember the first day I installed messenger on android, all I saw was a malware dressed up as a legit app. Terrible that they were able to buy whatsapp. No thanks and good riddance.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-16 07:37 AM
    Ya I downloaded the app and two days later uninstalled the messaging app. It doesn't compare to the Built in messenger we were blessed with.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    12-09-16 07:04 PM
    Kind of a disappointment but probably more in line with my data stealing views.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-16 04:10 AM
    Has anyone found a reliable work around that has hub integration?
    12-10-16 07:57 AM