I have a Facebook on my device but in settings and notifications I can't make changes because it does not detect the FB account. The message I get is to add an account to the device to make changes to the notification settings. Any advice?

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 04:56 PM
    It's the app. You press "add account" then log into your FB account and you'll be all set.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    10-20-14 05:00 PM
    Add account where? I did that when I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I can open FB as usual.
    Facebook notifications not active-img_20141020_155956.png

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 05:01 PM
    You turned all alerts off for facebook. Turn it back on.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 05:39 PM
    It's the app. You press "add account" then log into your FB account and you'll be all set.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    Go into settings/accounts, select add account at the bottom, add your Facebook account and you should be all set.
    10-20-14 05:43 PM
    I don't think you get it. I CAN'T turn it on!

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 05:59 PM
    And FB is not an option under 3rd party apps too add to the accounts

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 06:00 PM
    Under Settings / Accounts the FB account is already there. I can access FB. The issue is that in Settings / Notifications I cannot toggle the notifications button.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 06:02 PM
    Have you tried deleting the account and the app completely off the device and re downloading and setting it back up?

Via passport
    10-20-14 06:17 PM
    Delete the app delete the account. Do it again. It's bugged somehow.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 06:32 PM
    The actual Facebook app for BlackBerry really requires an update.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 07:18 PM
    The actual Facebook app for BlackBerry really requires an update.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I wish we had a third party native app race like we do for twitter. Which is ironic since the twitter app by BlackBerry is actually not that bad.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 07:31 PM
    Yes, I wish we had a third party native app race like we do for twitter. Which is ironic since the twitter app by BlackBerry is actually not that bad.

Posted via CB10
    It says it's made by Twitter themselves.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 07:37 PM
    Solved.
    Uninstalled FB - hard reset the device - reinstalled - added account

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 08:01 PM
    It says it's made by Twitter themselves.

Posted via CB10
    https://support.twitter.com/groups/5...-blackberry-os

Note: Twitter is not responsible for any issues related to the BlackBerry app specifically and we can only provide support for issues with your Twitter account or log in information. If you are having problems using Twitter in the standard view on your BlackBerry device we cannot troubleshoot for this. In these cases, we suggest you use mobile.twitter.com.

I don't think it is, unless they did make it and somehow have an agreement with BlackBerry to offload all the app customer support.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 09:24 PM
    Solved.

Posted via CB10
    Done this many times. After a few months same issue will apply. I know the app itself needs fixing that's for sure.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 09:55 PM
    Solved.

Posted via CB10
    I set up my wife's PP to be like my Z10 (My own PP coming soon), where I have the FB notifications set to NOT show in the hub, but still hear the dedicated ringtone assigned to it, even if FB is not in active frame and closed. I noticed it wasn't working on the PP. When you opened the app all the backlogged notifications would ring like crazy. I just applied the same method above and it now appears to be solved. Thanks!
    10-20-14 10:10 PM
    Yeah its a mess

Posted via Passport~!
    10-20-14 10:11 PM
    https://support.twitter.com/groups/5...-blackberry-os

Note: Twitter is not responsible for any issues related to the BlackBerry app specifically and we can only provide support for issues with your Twitter account or log in information. If you are having problems using Twitter in the standard view on your BlackBerry device we cannot troubleshoot for this. In these cases, we suggest you use mobile.twitter.com.

I don't think it is, unless they did make it and somehow have an agreement with BlackBerry to offload all the app customer support.

Posted via CB10
    Take a look at BBW and check the author of the app. The link you showed is legacy OS twitter. They don't seem to mention BlackBerry 10 at all. Even though it says they made the BlackBerry 10 app.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 01:17 AM
    Take a look at BBW and check the author of the app. The link you showed is legacy OS twitter. They don't seem to mention BlackBerry 10 at all. Even though it says they made the BlackBerry 10 app.

Posted via CB10
    There's nothing in Twitter's tech support pages about a BlackBerry App except to tell you to contact BlackBerry because they're not responsible for or able to provide updates for it. I know what BlackBerry World shows, but it may just be whatever agreement they have. Other than that, everything else points to BlackBerry being entirely responsible for the continued development, maintenance and support of the app,.. which is really the only thing that matters at this point (and, which they are doing a better job at than with the Facebook app).

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 08:36 AM
    Movini i had the Same problem. Delete FB app in BBW and availeble list, then reboot phone and Download FB app again. Now you can set your settings again for the FB app

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    10-21-14 10:27 AM