Hi fellow BlackBerry users, just a general enquiry. I had come to a conclusion that PP users tend to use the native browser for facebook. My question now is, why? I understand there's no fb app in the blackberry world. That being said, I tried to download fb via Google playstore. Tried opening the app but it just force closes and returns me to the main screen. Any help is much appreciated.

P.S : just gotten myself a PP. Last BlackBerry device was q10 so I'm pretty much new again to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 12:38 AM
    No FB in BlackBerry World? There is.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 12:45 AM
    No FB in BlackBerry World? There is.

Posted via CB10
    Not really, just a crappy app

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2639
    09-15-15 12:57 AM
    FB is a stock app on your passport? but you also can download de android app. use amazone for example to download android version
    09-15-15 01:10 AM
    Thanks everyone for your valuable input. Yes I found the app in bbw but a lot of posts didn't load. Tried amazon, can't find one. Tried Google play store, managed to dl the app but it force closes. Now I know why browser fb is the preferred choice for PP users.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 01:20 AM
    There is a patched android fb app somewhere around on the forum. I have it and it works ok. Not very fast to load, but after that quite useable.

Paspoort
    09-15-15 03:44 AM
    Thanks everyone for your valuable input. Yes I found the app in bbw but a lot of posts didn't load. Tried amazon, can't find one. Tried Google play store, managed to dl the app but it force closes. Now I know why browser fb is the preferred choice for PP users.

Posted via CB10
    If you're in need of Android apps then the first post of these threads are must reads. Follow the directions to the letter.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ctions-985344/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...rvices-914930/
    09-15-15 04:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    Indeed. I stopped using the native app many months ago and use only http://touch.facebook.com So much better and actually behaves like a native app.
    09-15-15 04:45 PM
    Add Facebook to the list of modern services that BlackBerry don't support.

For a company that wants to get out of hardware and move into software, they sure do a pretty bad job of supporting their software.
    09-15-15 09:28 PM
    The FB app in BBW is supremely outdated. A lot of posts are missed and a lot don't load. They need to update the app as soon as they can.

Post via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    09-15-15 10:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    Who said it was the preferred option?

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 10:04 PM
    Add Facebook to the list of modern services that BlackBerry don't support.

For a company that wants to get out of hardware and move into software, they sure do a pretty bad job of supporting their software.
    Yea. Well BlackBerry is uniquely one of the few that needs to make their own Facebook app instead of Facebook the company doing the job. This is expected.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    09-15-15 10:13 PM
    Yea. Well BlackBerry is uniquely one of the few that needs to make their own Facebook app instead of Facebook the company doing the job. This is expected.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    Maybe it's more secure? (by preventing you from using the app)
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    09-15-15 10:18 PM

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    I'm not following your reasoning: it is expected their app app will have issues because, as a company that wants to focus more on software than hardware, can't be expected to deliver a polished experience?

Maybe they should include this in their marketing materials: "hey, you can trust us to deliver quality MDM and productivity software for *your* organisation - we foist all our crap software on our *other* paying customers".

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 03:07 AM
    I'm not following your reasoning: it is expected their app app will have issues because, as a company that wants to focus more on software than hardware, can't be expected to deliver a polished experience?

Maybe they should include this in their marketing materials: "hey, you can trust us to deliver quality MDM and productivity software for *your* organisation - we foist all our crap software on our *other* paying customers".

Posted via CB10
    They are not the original owners of the app, meaning they don't have all the tools to make it great. Facebook on iOS and android are built by Facebook. The Facebook mobile site is also built by Facebook. BlackBerry should rebuild the app and base it on the Web version of design... my guess is they basically have no one working on it and most of their software people are building BlackBerry software for Android at the moment.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    09-16-15 12:02 PM
    They are not the original owners of the app, meaning they don't have all the tools to make it great. Facebook on iOS and android are built by Facebook. The Facebook mobile site is also built by Facebook. BlackBerry should rebuild the app and base it on the Web version of design... my guess is they basically have no one working on it and most of their software people are building BlackBerry software for Android at the moment.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    The Facebook app was developed by BlackBerry inhouse. They own and maintain the codebase in its entirety.

If the developers and owners of the app aren't responsible for maintaining it, who is?

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 08:05 PM
    The reviews on App World are a great indication of where BlackBerry - the self-proclaimed software and services company - is heading...

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 11:00 PM
    My old Facebook app in my 9780 Bold says when I posted something: "Via Blackberry" or something, the new version doesn't tell that.
    09-17-15 04:55 PM