Hi all,

Started out with a 9800, 9900 (probably my favorite,) then a Z10. LOVED the Z10 and BB10, but unfortunately it was stolen while I was on vacation in Denmark 4 months ago. Decided to try something different at the time--went with an LG G3. The sharp, large screen, loud speaker, app selection and nice battery life didn't do much to address the awful typing experience (and the Android guys thought it was good!) Also, I have work email linked to the phone and was forced to use Nitro Touchdown. Similarly poor experience.

Last week I saw the PP on Amazon for $499 and pulled the trigger. It arrives today and couldn't be more excited (just need to pick up a nano sim.) Also ordered a pack of screen protectors, OEM hardshell, and Amzer case.

Great to be back. Look forward to comparing the the G3!
    11-29-14 08:22 AM
    Congrats on your purchase! Welcome back to BB and CB! Glad you are back! We have a ton of Passport threads so if you need any questions answered, check them out!
    11-29-14 08:27 AM
  3. fridaybeatsmondayanygivensunday's Avatar
    Congrats and welcome back to the "BLACK" Side

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 08:34 AM
    BlackBerry is great! :-)

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    11-29-14 08:34 AM
    All the best with your new purchase! I got my black PP for a few weeks now and just simply love it!

Posted via CB10 on my Awesome BlackBerry Passport
    11-29-14 08:39 AM
    Welcome back! A fellow crackberrian!

Posted with my super duper BlackBerry Passport.
    11-29-14 08:46 AM
    Welcome back! Hope you enjoy your Passport as much as I do. Great phone.

Passport on AT&T
    11-29-14 08:52 AM
    Congratulations and welcome back to the Berry Side!

You'll love the Passport but give yourself some time to adjust to this awesome phone! The new keyboard requires a bit of a "learning period" but within a very few days you'll be typing fast and accurately!

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    11-29-14 09:16 AM
    Welcome Black!

Posted via CB10 using my Passport
    11-29-14 09:22 AM
    I owned a 9900 and a Z10 and I thought I would take to the Passport immediately, but the first 3 days I wasn't so sure. It is radically different from anything else out there. Everyone online told me to hang with it for a few weeks. I did.

Here's what will happen in the first 30 days...

When you start touch typing again and find yourself looking at webpages and ebooks without pinching, zooming and squinting like you use to or you are shopping online and you feel like the picture of the item you want to buy is detailed enough to make a confident purchase, you realize this big*$$ phone might be right for you after all.

Then you look at an iPhone or Z10 and wonder how you managed for so long. It's sooooo tiny.

Your tablet and laptop have been on standby so long, the batteries are dead. You wonder which one you should sell or give to the kids.

iPhone and S5 users get defensive with you now that the BlackBerry Passport is in the same league overall for specs and performance. You get to tell iPhone 5 and S5 users that their phones are pretty too when they look at the tiny thing in their hands and feel overwhelmed with feels of inadequacy.

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king and lynxs_claw like this.
    11-29-14 09:55 AM
    Still can't get an answer from AT&T nor Blackberry on when the Passport is officially being released. Why in the hell are they so secretive about it, especially when its been released as a BYOD in many areas???

Posted via my Z10 running 10.3.1.1016 quite seamlessly on AT&T
    11-29-14 09:58 AM
    Welcome back to the BlackBerry community and this great forum, the passport is a beautiful device and every time I bring it out to check my messages in a coffee shop or a meeting, someone always says, what's that!!

After I do my typical demonstration of the device, their comments are usually, I thought BlackBerry was out of business, to which I always reply, I don't think so. Enjoy your new passport.

Posted via my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    11-29-14 10:03 AM
    BlackBerry Z30 is the best!

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    11-29-14 11:13 AM
    Welcome back to the family! Passport is GREAT.
    11-29-14 11:43 AM
    Got the phone up and running! The device switch app worked nicely and the local att store hooked me up with a free nano sim. Feels great to be back. So far loving the keyboard and screen dimensions but wow, this is a large device. There will definitely be a learning curve but so far so good

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 02:52 PM
    welcome enjoy and let's hope BB makes products that make you want to stick around for a while
    11-29-14 08:02 PM
    Welcome back to BlackBerry... The door is always open!
    11-29-14 08:27 PM