** This hopefully will help current Z10 owners that are still on the fence.

I just switched from a Z10 to a Passport. The Z10 had served me very well; however, I switch because of the following features:
    . Longer battery life.
    . USB on the go. I always want this feature ever since it was available on the Z30. I digitize all my documents and this feature will save me tons of time. Plug the USB OTG into the printer, scan the document, and then plug it to my phone and save.
    . Wide and high resolution screen. With the Passport I don't have to rotate, lock/unlock the screen anymore. I have to view a lot of PDF, PPT documents so this fits right in.
    . I was a 9900 warrior. I love the keyboard on the 9900. The Q10 didn't do it for me so I went with the Z10 but I was always long for a keyboard device.

Notable good changes but not as critical:
    . Faster boot time.
    . Show running apps after reboot.

How about you. What make you went ahead with the switch?
    10-07-14 06:40 PM
    Since I didn't switch to a Passport I can honestly say the things you mentioned are why i went to a Z30 from my Z10.
    But glad you are enjoying your Passport.
    imcurved likes this.
    10-07-14 06:48 PM
    1.). Keyboard, as a long time BBY user, I prefer physical keyboards. And, this is by far one of the best keyboards BBY has ever produced.

2). Form factor. I'm a spreadsheet junkie, the resolution and shape of the Passport screen is perfect for spreadsheets.

3). Blackberry Blend. I know this feature will come to all BB10 devices, but I like having it now. It's an awesome feature.

4). Updated specs. The Z10 performance was fine, but the Passport has significantly more horsepower and it really shows when running Android apps.

5). Battery life. The Z10s battery life blows. The Passport easily goes 24 hours+ on a single charge.

Posted via CB10
    imcurved likes this.
    10-07-14 06:52 PM
    Appreciated my z10, but this big guy brings me back to my 9900 days, love this phone!

Posted via CB10
    imcurved likes this.
    10-07-14 06:54 PM
    I'm on Z10 and was on the fence but when it was Friday and I had the Passport in my shopping cart with coupon applied...$607 CAD shipped...but couldn't pull the trigger.

I couldn't see me using it much better than I use my Z10 and even with the discount I couldn't do it!

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 07:02 PM
    The screen was the primary reason... I really got sold on this whole Work Wide thing and truth be told I really like having the wide screen.

Battery life was a close second... too many times I barley made it home or had to put the phone away to try to conserve battery.

Finally, I was getting a little envious of WiFi direct, Miracast, USB OTG, the Z30 speakers and all that good stuff the Z10 didn't have. But, these are just nice bonuses as I really don't use them, or well couldn't. I was a little concerned about the keyboard being an all touch kind of guy but it won me over pretty fast.

Actually, I was rather concerned about switching form a Z10, all these preconceived notions I had about what a phone should be dictated the Z10 was the perfect form factor. An all honesty I don't think I could give the Passport up.
    imcurved likes this.
    10-07-14 07:03 PM
    1. Incredible battery life. Yes, over 30+ hours.

2. Beautiful physical keyboard.

3. Everything runs faster
    imcurved likes this.
    10-07-14 07:06 PM
    Since I didn't switch to a Passport I can honestly say the things you mentioned are why i went to a Z30 from my Z10.
    But glad you are enjoying your Passport.
    I totally agree with you jaydee. When I setup the Z30 for my sister, I was drooling over it the whole time.

And may I add the radio receiver is also a nice addition going from the Z10 to the Passport. (* Z30 also has radio receiver *)

Using PP and Z10
    10-07-14 07:07 PM
    I'm on Z10 and was on the fence but when it was Friday and I had the Passport in my shopping cart with coupon applied...$607 CAD shipped...but couldn't pull the trigger.

I couldn't see me using it much better than I use my Z10 and even with the discount I couldn't do it!

Posted via CB10
    What? You let that deal slip away? NO (* screaming in despair *)
    Oh well. On the good side, that shows you are not acting on impulse. Good for you.

Using PP and Z10
    10-07-14 07:11 PM
    I'm switching to a passport from my z10 for

Keyboard
    Blend
    Something new
    Better specs

Just wish the 20th would hurry up so CPW get my phone sent out

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 07:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm having the same inner conflict. I just fluked out and had the Passport added to my cart about a half hour ago and couldn't make myself push the checkout button.

I want the Passport for its uniqueness, I've been thinking about it constantly, but my Z10 and my two batteries have pretty much left me completely happy with this phone. Rare for me to have a phone this long and not hate it.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 07:12 PM
    I'm switching to a passport from my z10 for

Keyboard
    Blend
    Something new
    Better specs

Just wish the 20th would hurry up so CPW get my phone sent out

Posted via CB10
    What is CPW?

Using PP and Z10
    10-07-14 07:14 PM
    I'm having the same inner conflict. I just fluked out and had the Passport added to my cart about a half hour ago and couldn't make myself push the checkout button.

I want the Passport for its uniqueness, I've been thinking about it constantly, but my Z10 and my two batteries have pretty much left me completely happy with this phone. Rare for me to have a phone this long and not hate it.

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully, there will be another deal available when you are ready to switch...

Using PP and Z10
    10-07-14 07:17 PM
    The 12-14 battery life of the Z10. Disclaimer: I have 5 email accounts plus social media synced to the Hub, but that's my life. I am still choked that the Z10 had a smaller battery than the Q10.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    10-07-14 07:31 PM
    What is CPW?

Using PP and Z10
    Car phone warehouse, mobile phone retailer

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 11:57 AM
    Keyboard
    Beautiful huge screen
    Great specs
    Amazing battery
    Excellent email/browser
    Hopefully BB's comeback phone
    10-08-14 01:23 PM
    1. Keyboard - I was QWTERY BB guys years ago started with the Curve 8320. I wanted to try all touch as I like how 9810 virtual KB works on foreign language. However, I did fine with foreign language on the other QWTERY BBs and was way more productive with them overall. So, I am super stoked to get back to KB device again. In addition, the touch sensitive KB is such an icing on the cake for me.

2. Battery life - the good old day of full day heavy use without charge is finally back. This is one big thing I don't like about Z10. I do occasional international business trip so the Passport will allow me to leave those battery power bank at home.

3. Big square screen - Getting old makes me appreciate these big phones day by day and the Passport comes at a perfect timing. I didn't feel like getting Z30 as reading the worksheet is just a tad better than Z10. Passport definitely makes a huge different. The fact that the screen is super crisp and clear is a big plus.

4. Speaker - Z10 speaker is super weak and I need it to be good for phone communication from time to time. The weak speaker volume makes ringer almost useless when I am outside.

Those are the main things. I am not too hang up on the specs, camera, etc. I still think Z10 with way lower specs still works perfectly fine handling BB10 OS and I have DSLR for photos I want to print.

Cheers
    imcurved likes this.
    10-08-14 02:08 PM
    I am "dragging my feet " to get a passport, maybe next month.
    Umming and ahhhing

The issue? My Z10 has just been outstanding!! I have no games or side loaded apps and hate FB, so it really is a work horse only.
    Coupled with the 12+ battery life (I bought a battery bundle a couple weeks ago from amazon only because it was cheap) my wife with her S3 uses the bundle more than I.
    I have no issues with this phone its fast too....
    For me I am trying to justify the expense? I function with both a virtual ( and the Z10's is phenomenal ) used a bold 9900 previously so I can switch easy enough...i guess the extra real estate, bragging rights (yet to see one in Jamaica yet), and something new, Blend looks useful too.....i am.sure will end up with one b4 2015

Posted via Digicel Z10 10.2.1.2977
    10-08-14 02:32 PM
    I am "dragging my feet " to get a passport, maybe next month.
    Umming and ahhhing

The issue? My Z10 has just been outstanding!! I have no games or side loaded apps and hate FB, so it really is a work horse only.
    Coupled with the 12+ battery life (I bought a battery bundle a couple weeks ago from amazon only because it was cheap) my wife with her S3 uses the bundle more than I.
    I have no issues with this phone its fast too....
    For me I am trying to justify the expense? I function with both a virtual ( and the Z10's is phenomenal ) used a bold 9900 previously so I can switch easy enough...i guess the extra real estate, bragging rights (yet to see one in Jamaica yet), and something new, Blend looks useful too.....i am.sure will end up with one b4 2015

Posted via Digicel Z10 10.2.1.2977
    Well if you think the Z-10 is Phenomenal, I'm not sure what word you will use for the Passport

The Passport is honestly Spectacular.........
    10-08-14 08:09 PM
    i am a z10 user and now moved to passport, for two reasons:
    1. I love blackberry
    2. I love new gadgets
    10-08-14 09:15 PM
    Well if you think the Z-10 is Phenomenal, I'm not sure what word you will use for the Passport

The Passport is honestly Spectacular.........
    Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious maybe...?

Using PP and Z10
    10-08-14 09:24 PM
    I was a z10 user and now a proud owner of a passport. Must say once you get used to it's unique shape and keyboard it becomes one of the best tools and devices around. The screen is just gorgeous. The keyboard functionality is just amazing. Yes time is needed to learn it's features. Once you get past that break in period it's just smooth sailing from there. More accurate typing then on glass.

One thing I find interesting is that one handed use is best in left hand to get most from hub etc.

Pocketing is no issue at all.

Video play back is nice. Camera photo quality is very good compared the Z10.

I was initially concerned about the 1:1 ratio screen. Now I can't imagine using a narrow tall phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 10:04 PM
    i am a z10 user and now moved to passport, for two reasons:
    1. I love blackberry
    2. I love new gadgets
    This

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    10-08-14 11:17 PM
    Ordered but not received yet. I am switching from my z10 for the same reasons as most:

1) Faster, more RAM, more ROM (for apps - I keep running out on the Z10)
    2) Better screen for browsing/email (my number 1 use after calls)
    3) USB OTG
    4) Keyboard with uber cool track pad
    5) FM radio (the one thing I really miss on the Z10)
    6) Basically, its like a micro PC - I use mine with ssh on bgshellplus, a bit painfull, but it works. I also recently installed the GNU tool chain, which will be really well on the passport.

OK, that last one probably puts me in geek teritory, and I might be the only one. Hmmmm.
    10-09-14 12:59 AM
    I am also waiting for my order too, and currently a Z10 user for 1.5 years.

Reasons that I chose to go to passport

1. Unique form factor (hate to have phones that everyone has)

2. Ability to display medical images

3. Killer hardware specs

4. Trying out physical keyboard the first time

BlackBerry Z10 10.3.0.1154
    10-09-14 05:00 AM
36 12