You have to use Google. If you want to play a snes (Super Nintendo) game for example, just search for "snes roms" on Google. Sorry, but I bet it would be against forum rules to give you a direct link...

I have another question. Has anyone been able to play any PS1 games? I just keep getting an error saying that no BIOS file was found, even though I have the BIOS file in the same folder as the game...

EDIT: Never mind. Got PS1 working now.

Enviado desde mi sexy Pasaporte
    Last edited by Barbareren; 11-30-14 at 06:50 PM.
    11-30-14 05:52 PM
    If anyone's wondering, "BlackBerry Q Keypad" is just the name that was put into the program when the Q devices were likely the only BB10 phones with physical keypads.. The same thing works for the Passport.

The program is built, I didn't make it, for the 10.2 os. All BB10 RetroArch versions that I've tried have had problems with official 10.3.0.x os on my Passport and crashing on launch, some less than others, but running fine after that.

It will not remember custom input button mappings and is not something that bothers me really enough to want to change but I'll probably take a look at it.

I think what it's doing is discovering all controllers, rescanning, and re-setting the button map on each open. It sets the button map to the one that is actually written into the program. I didn't change the bindings as everyone's going to have their own preference and I imagine there are some that have been using and are accustomed to that pre-programmed map with it being the standard until key-mapping could be changed.
    Barbareren likes this.
    11-30-14 08:18 PM
    After having used RetroArch some more now, testing out more games and experimenting with the screen aspect ratio, my only real complaint would be the default keyboard mapping of the B button and the X button - they should be switched around, and the Select button could be mapped to the space bar for example.

Also, I was wondering if it would be possible to add support for an 8 way joypad instead of the currently supported 4 way directional pad? And what about adding support for the Commodore 64? I would love to play Great Giana Sisters again (mostly because of the music).

Thanks

Enviado desde mi sexy Pasaporte
    Last edited by Barbareren; 11-30-14 at 09:36 PM.
    11-30-14 09:23 PM
    Hey folks. Looking to source some experience.

Wanting to play some classics with the lady. Wondering if you can sync up two controllers and play two player at the same time. Like donkey Kong and lost viking, street fighter,super Mario world, etc.

Anyone tried this??

Passport | Fido
    12-01-14 01:21 AM
    Hey, good to hear it's working okay! There isn't a way I know of that would work for everybody's mapping to be stored yet..
    Yes but you can edit it as you did for the qwerties! May you can do default settings for AZERTY and QWERTZ that's means 3 bar with their default key

Thanks

Posted from my flawless BlackBerry Passport
    tomsobon likes this.
    12-01-14 06:27 AM
    Wondering if you can sync up two controllers and play two player at the same time.
    I tried a Wiimote for player 2 with the device keypad as player 1 and it was working .

Yes but you can edit it as you did for the qwerties!
    The last update I posted was to put us on the same page. I felt bad that azerty and qwertz couldn't use their keypads after I announced button mapping was working on my device, but unfortunately none of us, qwerty included, can save their mapping. Azerty by default is going to appear irregular for the directional buttons based on that keypad layout, but I didn't edit anything special for any particular device; it was put in programming by someone else. Thankfully it can be changed now after however much time went by without it working, albeit with a bit of a workaround on this developing program, having to do it each time .

Now,as a user of the program myself, suddenly I'm imagining the next release brings out the ability to save my custom keymap. I'm like, sweet, this is perfect! Then I'm going to say, well wait a minute.. when I play Sega, I want three buttons in a row. Snes's Y and B are where I want Nes's B and A to be. My Playstation's layout is different than my Game Boy's layout. I want a custom layout for each core!.. At least maybe I'm jumping to conclusions because I'm constantly jumping between systems, I don't know if everyone else is, and I believe Rgui has the ability to save configs per core, but Cascades looks to have been programmed to handle and perhaps override that with one user-friendly solution. So where does a developer begin their plan of attack whilst retaining features? Oh, and as a user, I want a unicorn splash screen too

For me, the program is pretty awesome. It actually was even before when keymapping was broken. If I hadn't shared here, I probably wouldn't develop it any further. Not to sound harsh, lol, it's just that not being able to map my buttons was the only thing bugging me and wanted it working prior to an official release, but I'd rather see improvements to the sound/vsync than to custom configs. I don't play often though, so it takes me 20 seconds to map out my buttons and that doesn't slow me down much. But I can totally see how this is annoying and have been / will continue to look into what can be done to at least possibly retain that main map.

If any official release is going to bury this one, then I don't want to spend too much time. This one is playable until then..
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    12-01-14 09:27 AM
    so much win. THANK YOU SO MUCH
    12-01-14 09:30 AM
    You're the man, much appreciated your efforts

Posted from my flawless BlackBerry Passport
    12-03-14 07:46 AM
    I had a theory that as long as default keybinds exist, RA will call on them unless manually set each time.

After spending much time with changes to these areas, I think I found that this might actually be the case:

https://github.com/libretro/RetroArc...a1a8ca024ad6b0

It looks like it outlines changes to get rid of some binds.. However, I don't have some of these files in this build. We are using RA 1.0.0.2 whereas these changes are tagged to 1.0.0.3 beta; which idk, I tried for fun anyway, will not compile as of a first attempt on my end. If I make changes to the files in line with what we have, I'm still missing 'other' files or definitions which don't appear to be included in this versions source and it plays havoc with causing errors and halting the build.

So what I'm pretty much saying is I can make you a phone freezing app Just kidding, but I don't have a quick solution like the others this time around that I can think of for custom binds to be 'saved'. That, and I need time to play some games
    Last edited by Pcmx; 12-03-14 at 11:30 PM.
    12-03-14 11:18 PM

This release accommodates keypads beyond that of standard qwerty, azerty, and qwertz. Basically, some keypads still weren't working and this update addresses that. Thanks to travisredpath for providing the necessary code. More info in the link above!

Note: The default keybinds have changed. It's setup like a Snes with a symmetrical d-pad in all ways using w a x d, on a Passport qwerty keypad,.. as well as other changes.. sorry! and it's using enter and backspace buttons as they aren't as effected by the 'amount of buttons that will register as being pressed at the same time' limitation that I've rambled on in previous posts somewhere. You can still map your keys to your preference but it must be done each time the app is restarted.
    12-11-14 10:16 PM
    Just wanted to post here and encourage those working on a ***** proof release to keep doing so.

There are many who appreciate it!

Cheers for everything done so far.

Passport || Fido
    Barbareren likes this.
    01-13-15 07:57 PM
    +1

Posted with Passport CB10
    01-14-15 05:37 PM
    Still waiting.

But patiently.

Passport | Fido
    03-23-15 11:54 PM
    For all passport user, try searching retroarch version 1.0.2.96. It is here in crackberry somewhere. I have used that one and can map the keyboard based on your preference.

Everything works so far. Hope that helps.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 07:22 AM
    Guys steady on, why would you want to fiddle about mapping buttons etc for games?? BlackBerry is not for that. If you want all that buy an xbox or playstation or an handheld gaming device. You'll map the device and later on complain that your device is acting strange etc tut tut the you people never learn do you? Just being honest

Posted via BBPP
    03-25-15 07:38 AM
    Post 85 here or http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post11155288 has the link to download the app which would need to be side loaded.

To echo the comment above, I collect consoles and prefer to play a game on them when there's time but am not a purist. Emulators supplement my collection and typically find a place on most of my devices capable of but not made for it.

I have little use for this on my phone and actually it's not even installed atm, but when I do, the Passport's keyboard does a fine job of providing tactile input and screen is square like the old tvs were. Set that up to a 16:15 ratio which is pretty close to full screen and damn! These classics look and play good for a portable device which I have on me at all times anyway .
    Barbareren likes this.
    03-25-15 10:28 AM
    Just being honest
    No, you are just being a ****. STFU and mind your own business.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 10:56 AM
    i never used retroarch, how to load rom ? i cant navigate to any folder in internal storage.
    01-21-17 01:18 PM
    Guys steady on, why would you want to fiddle about mapping buttons etc for games?? BlackBerry is not for that. If you want all that buy an xbox or playstation or an handheld gaming device. You'll map the device and later on complain that your device is acting strange etc tut tut the you people never learn do you? Just being honest

Posted via BBPP
    'Blackberry is not for this, BlackBerry is not for that..' blah blah. I do with my device what I want. No other device can make better use of its physical keyboard for emulators than blackberry, because there aren't any other pkb devices. Also no others with perfect aspect ratio for retro games

Sent from my  BlackBerry Passport™
    laketrout73 likes this.
    01-21-17 03:14 PM
    ok ROMS works, but one little tiny probles - is there any way to set default D-PAD Down to "S" ? Now is "X" which in some games are little uncomfortable.
    01-21-17 04:09 PM
  21. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    What this Is? I love psx haha... nice game forever on my blackberry z10.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-17 03:32 AM
    ok ROMS works, but one little tiny probles - is there any way to set default D-PAD Down to "S" ? Now is "X" which in some games are little uncomfortable.
    Yes, just tap the menu icon in the bottom left of the screen, then tap input. You have to change it everytime you start the emulator though.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-17 08:05 AM
97 ... 234