Anyone else having issues with their Passport or BB10 phones constantly disconnecting from the Telus network?

Posted via CB10
    08-30-16 02:18 PM
    Several months ago I observed that issue with my carrier. Weak network signal or no signal. Until finally, emergency calls only. I brought the issue to the carrier. They changed the SIM card. Still the same results, emergency call only. I then tested the SIM on other phones, it works like a charm. Switched carrier. Still the same result with the passport. I had bought a new android phone as a temporary unit in trying to isolate the issue. It really is the passport. It's a software issue. I could not stand android. So I bought myself a new z30 in fear that buying a new passport, I may have the same issue. That would be to expensive of an experiment. So does my passport still work? Damn right. It's just a glorified tablet now (reminds of my playbook). It seems to function perfectly, except I can not make or receive calls, and regular text messages. Darn again. I really love the BB10 platform. I wish that blackberry would wake up.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-16 01:15 AM
    09-01-16 02:04 AM
    Ah thanks, I tried my sim on another phone and it worked fine. I think it was just MY phone. I loved my BB10 devices (Z10, Q10 and Paasport), but cannot stand the Android OS, so the Priv and DTEK were out.

After living through a Curve, Storm, Bold 9900, Z10, Q10, two Playbooks and a Passport...I made the jump to an iPhone SE. Agree whole heartedly, sad to see my BB go, but it had to be done, not a lot of choice now.
    09-03-16 10:11 PM
    Mine started doing it last week and today nothing and I mean zero service, sim works good in Z10,

Posted via CB10
    09-03-16 10:12 PM
    I hope that a solution to the issue will be brought forth by blackberry to it's customers, sooner than later. There may be no more customers later. I remember before long ago, there was a game console provider that took for granted it's customers. The end result is nada...below zero. It was a Japanese game console company in the late 80's or early 90's. It was before the time of Playstation, XBOX, Nitendo...I think it was Sega. I could be wrong. I hope that doesn't happen to blackberry. It seems the issue maybe be starting to affect more customers...

Posted via CB10
    09-07-16 05:26 PM
    I hear you, love the BB10 platform, as for the bug on the passport, I hope it's not an ongoing issue cause I love that phone, will be getting another if they can fix this one.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-16 09:17 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1039750

Known problem! Seems to happen with the passport! My passport and the passport of my friend died away!

Maybe one can fix it with a downgrade on 10.2.1?

I don't think that BlackBerry is spending a lot of manpower on the issue, since the passport is an old model and BlackBerry10 is slowly going down anyway...

Posted via CB10
    09-08-16 12:21 PM