I'm sick of having to use both snapchat apps to use snapchat on my pp, obviously it's not my passports fault, so either snapchat steps up and gives us a proper app or nemory gets permission to update s2c for pp and post it. Dang I'd even PayPal donate for a update to s2c for a pp update that's not on bbw...

/rant

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 09:41 PM
    Why would snapchat want to do either? If someone can answer that question and present that clearly to snapchat (and lots of other companies!) then this wouldn't be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    10-25-14 09:45 PM
    If nemory was able to create a successful app on BlackBerry world, it shows a market exists. Why not market to it? Other than lack of interest. And if lack of interest exists that's fine but don't rob users from using your product. Ie: igrann

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 09:52 PM
    If nemory was able to create a successful app on BlackBerry world, it shows a market exists. Why not market to it? Other than lack of interest. And if lack of interest exists that's fine but don't rob users from using your product. Ie: igrann

Posted via CB10
    Has nemory said how many users downloaded his app? If someone would present that number to snapchat that might help.

It costs money to develop for a new platform. It costs money to support a new platform. The developers on your team would often prefer to work on iOS8 features or new Android stuff or Wear or Apple Watch because those are all great for your CV.

So it has to be a significant number of users to overcome those costs. Maybe they could just pay nemory to do the app. But the number of users would have to be worth it.

10-25-14 09:56 PM
    I'm with you 100% fellow Blackberry brother.. Nem made himself a successful snap chat app with high demand that did wonders on the BB10 OS that in my opinion was leaps and bounds better than the original ! I just hope that someday soon all this sideloading crap will come to an end and we'll have all wanted apps available for DL on BBW or whatever app store we have by then..

Posted via CrackBerry App
    10-25-14 10:04 PM
    Has nemory said how many users downloaded his app? If someone would present that number to snapchat that might help.

It costs money to develop for a new platform. It costs money to support a new platform. The developers on your team would often prefer to work on iOS8 features or new Android stuff or Wear or Apple Watch because those are all great for your CV.

So it has to be a significant number of users to overcome those costs. Maybe they could just pay nemory to do the app. But the number of users would have to be worth it.

I obviously don't have the numbers on how many downloads/users s2c had however my point that if snapchat doesn't want to invest, there is no reason other than pride/not caring about other platforms to just kneecap another provider, I can understand the monetizing being an issue but to just axe it? Nemory could go to donation only and offer it. Again igrann is an example of this relationship.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 10:10 PM
    I obviously don't have the numbers on how many downloads/users s2c had however my point that if snapchat doesn't want to invest, there is no reason other than pride/not caring about other platforms to just kneecap another provider, I can understand the monetizing being an issue but to just axe it? Nemory could go to donation only and offer it. Again igrann is an example of this relationship.
    Snapchat isn't going to give special permission or access to Nemory. That wouldn't be fair to all the other 3rd party developers who would like to make apps for Snapchat. They've all been blocked or taken down.

Snapchat built a community and they eventually would like to monetize that obviously. Third party clients aren't part of that plan (at least for now). They've made this extremely clear and they've been consistent about it. They explain more here:

http://blog.snapchat.com/post/999982...e-snapchat-api

Again, if Nemory went to snapchat and said hey I have N BB10 users and N was a sufficiently high number, then maybe Snapchat would pay him to make an official app. Then it wouldn't be 3rd party any more.

Last edited by app_Developer; 10-25-14 at 10:30 PM.
    10-25-14 10:19 PM
    Snapchat isn't going to give special permission or access to Nemory. That wouldn't be fair to all the other 3rd party developers who would like to make apps for Snapchat. They've all been blocked or taken down.

Snapchat built a community and they eventually would like to monetize that obviously. Third party clients aren't part of that plan (at least for now). They've made this extremely clear and they've been consistent about it. They explain more here:

http://blog.snapchat.com/post/999982...e-snapchat-api

Again, if Nemory went to snapchat and said hey I have N BB10 users and N was a sufficiently high number, then maybe Snapchat would pay him to make an official app. Then it wouldn't be 3rd party any more.

Have not seen that article before, all this leaves is snapchat being naive to the user base of BlackBerry users. I suppose our disagreement now would be the user base estimated.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 10:42 PM
    With the petition for nemory to get access, I read somewhere that snapchat won't make an app for BB because their servers can't handle the extra load. So clearly they must know there's a demand and market from BB to use snapchat, and they are a bunch of idiots because we are already accessing their servers via being an "android device" not sure how nem does it but he said all of us BB users can access the snapchat servers because we appear as android users.
    10-25-14 10:55 PM
    I totally agree that Snapchat is being logically inconsistent. "We won't build an app for BB10 because the userbase is insignificant and it won't make enough money. But we won't let a 3rd party dev build one because we don't want it to disrupt our long term money-making model."

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 10:58 PM
    I'm sending Snapchat and couple of other (Instagram, etc ) daily messages bugging them to support the device so join me. Something got to give
    10-25-14 11:17 PM
    I would prefer if snapchat would allow for third party apps, cause theirs is ugly as hell. Hate the UI. I'll only ever use nems, clean and simple.
    10-25-14 11:27 PM
    We need a snapchat app!!! I hope your listening snapchat!!!
    10-25-14 11:39 PM
    I don't understand why Snapchat forced Nemory to pull their Snap2chat application from BlackBerry World. Unless Snapchat is building an application for BlackBerry 10 right now, then they should let us keep our Snap2chat app. The Android version of Snapchat running on BlackBerry 10 is unusable on my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 01:00 AM
    Have not seen that article before, all this leaves is snapchat being naive to the user base of BlackBerry users. I suppose our disagreement now would be the user base estimated.

Posted via CB10
    What Blackberry users base? Apps cost hundred of thousands to make, I do not see the point of any company to target a platform that amount to less than 1% of smartphone users.
    10-26-14 01:17 AM
    BBM timed messages baby

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 01:17 AM
    Apps cost hundred of thousands to make.
    Poor Nem0ry, he must be in such a big debt now. After all he must have taken out a loan for more than a hundred thousand dollars to make his app. And he probably only got a few donations to try and cover that expense.
    Granted, the infrastructure and backbone of such apps cost a lot to maintain. But once that exists, the developers around these parts have shown it is actually quite possible to build an app for it and 'break even'.

The problem with big companies not supporting BB10 is this: the developers that work there no longer have an interest in, nor the time to, learn another coding language and maintain it. Not until the OS user base is large enough and they get paid accordingly.
    Indie developers do, coding is their hobby, they still like a new challenge. And their apps are part of how the user base slowly increases. That is why such third party developing should be allowed.

BlackBerry Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    playboldbook likes this.
    10-26-14 02:43 AM
    I don't understand why Snapchat forced Nemory to pull their Snap2chat application from BlackBerry World. Unless Snapchat is building an application for BlackBerry 10 right now, then they should let us keep our Snap2chat app. The Android version of Snapchat running on BlackBerry 10 is unusable on my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    Part of the reason may be because Nem was charging for the premium version of snap2chat so making money of snapchat free service. And naming and logo complaints. But maybe there is hope in the future for Nem.
    10-26-14 02:53 AM
    To be honest, i would much rather have nemory's S2C app. it is just much better overall except for those little bugs like the flashlight and sometimes crashs, also the chat feature. so yea, S2C is what i would really really want
    10-26-14 08:00 AM
    Send them a message via the "Report a Problem" https://help.instagram.com/contact/364531043625021 I did!
    10-26-14 09:01 AM