So -

I came home today and tried to insert my charger into the micro-usb port and it would not go in. Physically would not enter. I tried to dislodge whatever was in there with a knife, and I'm not sure I've improved things. I can now just barely get the cables in but nothing is registering.

I've had this Passport for almost two years, and I really fear it needs its USB port replaced or fixed. Is this something I can do...in Montevideo, Uruguay? What kind of a shop or expert could ever how to know this? I'm a bit panicked because I'm on a work trip where I'll be on the road a lot but also need to be responsive to email, so if I can't get this done tomorrow, I may just have to call this all off and fly home (to S�o Paulo, Brazil), where at least I can get a new passport.

And, if it is powered off for good, how can I get in there to recover my data / do a backup to load on to a new device?

Help? Any way this can be resolved easily? Much thanks for any help
    10-21-16 07:19 PM
    Do you have a microSD card inserted into the device? If you can, copy all your photos and personal files into it. Use the BB10 File Manager to do this.

Your emails and contacts should be retrievable through the cloud (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook). I always save everything to the microSD by default.

If you use BlackBerry Remember for notes, and have not enabled Evernote sync for Remember, then quickly email the notes to yourself for safekeeping.

If the USB port is faulty, you'll need to order a new replacement part through eBay and then DIY the replacement. But that's quite difficult unless you are an experienced electronics technician, as it may involve soldering.

With the Passport and BB10 now on EOL (End Of Life) status, it's probably not advisable that you spend $$$ on a replacement Passport. Probably more worth it to just spend $$$ on a new Android device that comes with warranty.

There are just too many cheaper Android alternatives to the BlackBerry 10 devices and Apple devices that offer much better value for money.

Hope that helps.

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    10-21-16 07:50 PM
    Hrm, well...yes, I got all my photos and personal files out before it died (except some of my notes, forgot those...)

But I'd really just like to FIX this one...I've looked all over Uruguay and Brazil and no one can get the part...
    10-27-16 02:43 PM
    Sound like your SOL. If you do find someone that can get the part and fix it it will be day if not weeks. If you had an AT&T Passport you could use the wireless charging.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-16 03:07 PM
    So finally, there is no way of fixing the Passport USB Port?
    I've send mine to 3 different European Countries and got it back returned with 'no possibility of fixing'.
    Should I just through the damn thing away? I got it out of service for the last 2 months.
    01-05-17 05:12 AM
    So finally, there is no way of fixing the Passport USB Port?
    I've send mine to 3 different European Countries and got it back returned with 'no possibility of fixing'.
    Should I just through the damn thing away? I got it out of service for the last 2 months.
    I thought it was fused with the motherboard. I'd advise you either to research how to get a wireless charging coil inside the device (if possible, I think I read a thread about this here) or just sell it on ebay and buy a used one with the money. Or get another device. That's what I can think of anyway, at this point in time. btw, where do you live? And where did you send the device?
    01-05-17 05:44 AM