Hello BlackBerry Nation> anyone having problems with letter duplicating two or more time while typing. This happens in text, emails, bbm. Don't understand what is going on...could use the feedback that corrects this problem.
    05-30-16 09:15 AM
    Yes the Double Typing is a Known Issue....
    Yes the Double Typing is a Known Issue....
    05-30-16 10:12 AM
    How long have you had your Passport? Just curious. Mine is only a few months old and I've never experienced it.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    05-30-16 11:01 AM
    Am on my third and last Passport. All have the same issue. Along with other problems. At&T is mmy ccarrier. New Samsung on the way. BlackBerry has the worst sales, marketing, and support system of any product of any kind I have evver owned. Too bad such a once great company.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-16 05:26 PM
    Its sad...My 3rd Passport as well. Didn't have double typing issues up until 2 months from owning all of them. It seems like a bug that just comes around randomly and cannot be fixed unless you turn the device back in for JUST FOR ANOTHER REFURBISHED one to have the same issues. Literally 3 devices I've owned. Sad that BlackBerry has declined so much. Heck Kevin from CB doesnt even post anymore because really whats their to post about BlackBerry? Blaize barely posts...geez what happened. They realized it too probably.

No on in the marketing department in BlackBerry knows anything and same goes with the developers whomever is in charge for double typing issues. Heck, Zello app doesnt even work for passport and I have reached out to BlackBerry and Zello and neither have an answer to why it doesnt work. But on my Z10 it works fine. BlackBerry really had my support but its slipping quickly. Yet they ignore Passport just because PRIV is the only thing above float and thats sinking quickly too. I really dont know what to think about BlackBerry these days. I still use the Passport because it is a good phone. However, double typing is a big pet peeve.
    05-31-16 07:49 PM
    Mine is doing it but not until after I had it for a year.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-16 08:23 PM
    Why not just swap out for a new keyboard ?

Posted via CB10
    05-31-16 10:43 PM
    Nothing we can do, I am starting to get this issue too...
    06-01-16 12:55 AM
    In the past I got the issue. I got the device replaced and the problem gone. I thought the last software resolve the double typing issue. My hunch is telling me that the keypad is very delicate. Quite sensitive to dirt, sands and water. I got my double type not long after I went to a beach. But I could just be coincidence and problem with the software.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-16 02:15 PM
    My solution is getting rid of it. Going to android. Figure if it is good for BlackBerry corporate then good enough for me.

Posted via CB10
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    06-01-16 11:19 PM
    I have this issue too after maybe 2 or 3 months after I use my passport.. Maybe it's a bug but I think its not a big deal...

Posted via CB10
    06-02-16 12:34 AM
    I've been dealing with this issue for a very long time also and I'm getting tired of it too. Patience certainly running thin and will consider other options when the time is right...

Posted via CB10
    06-04-16 02:30 AM
    I started to have this issue on my Q10 but haven't experienced it yet on my Passport. If it rears it's ugly head, I will buy a Leap and get away from the physical keyboard again. I went from the Q10 to the Z10. I'll go from the Passport to the Leap. Guess you gotta plan ahead. At least I can get a Leap for around $200.

06-04-16 07:20 PM
    You need to update your OS esp on att and that should stop the double type.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    06-04-16 09:49 PM
    I just got my Passport about six months ago, but this problem only started during the past couple of weeks. I keep thinking that there must be some keyboard setting that I need to adjust that will fix the problem, but I haven't gotten around to looking for that yet. Do you all really mean that there IS no fix?

It's getting very annoying because I keep having to waste time deleting all the extra characters it's typing.

I do have AT&T and I do have the latest update of the OS.

Would BlackBerry replace the phone for this reason? Thanks.
    06-07-16 03:49 PM
    I just got my Passport about six months ago, but this problem only started during the past couple of weeks. I keep thinking that there must be some keyboard setting that I need to adjust that will fix the problem, but I haven't gotten around to looking for that yet. Do you all really mean that there IS no fix?

It's getting very annoying because I keep having to waste time deleting all the extra characters it's typing.

No. But At&T will. They gave me a Note 5. In a few days, this devvice is headed bacck to them. I ccould have gotten another passport. That would have made 3 under warranty.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-16 10:26 AM

What do you mean by latest update? The latest that AT&T pushed out or the absolute latest available? I updated my AT&T Passport using Sachesi to get the latest OS available, 10.3.2.2876. I haven't experienced it yet. Going on 5 months.

06-08-16 04:49 PM

You have the latest att update. If you could learn how to update your phone and load 2813 OS. Search bb10 archive here for the software. Att OS is about a year old.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    06-08-16 04:51 PM
    Got my passport early 2015...doubletype started within the last few months.

06-08-16 06:35 PM
    After I updated my passport silver, the problem was gone. Only a few key still do it but it is ok

Posted via CB10
    06-22-16 10:15 AM