Like some have mentioned previously; a very high percentage of phones that drop in water function well immediately after and "appear" to be perfectly fine but that's far from the case most of the time.

Even if you put it in a bag of rice or what not; there is STILL water inside and when it starts to corrode is when you'll start having issues... Probably in a few months You should take it to a local repair shop YOU TRUST and have them take it apart and clean the insides completely; that'll give you your best chances going forward.

Water usually isn't a "problem" for phones really; it's when they corrode/mold or come in contact with POWER (your battery/charger) is when you have issues. Hope it stays well for you.
    That really scares me. ==
    03-02-15 06:18 PM
    That really scares me. ==
    My bad Just been a tech over a decade and see "water" issues often.
    03-02-15 06:26 PM
    Wow, awesome!

Former 9900, Z10, and Z30 user and lover, but now Passport rocker!
    03-02-15 07:37 PM
    My bad Just been a tech over a decade and see "water" issues often.
    No worries! I'm worried because.. the liquid was beer. With a bit sugar and alcohol.. ==
    03-03-15 12:46 AM
    The minute voltages used inside small electronic devices are easily susceptible to losing continuity at the contact points due to corrosion.
    03-03-15 01:03 AM
    No worries! I'm worried because.. the liquid was beer. With a bit sugar and alcohol.. ==
    Ouch. Make sure you take it to a tech to clean it out asap and also backup your data as much as you can.
    Andy Wijaya likes this.
    03-03-15 10:32 AM

Hope the OP and other Passports talked about here are all still good. Mine took a bath in corrosive road water.

I ground down a slotted screw driver (not recommended) to remove screws but had to drill out the ones with red thread locker.

Water and residue got in around the battery through the camera and usb port. My screwdriver failed so I didn't remove the battery connection. It's face down in rice with a fan on it. Wondering about getting the salt dissolved out of it somehow and what maybe needs replacing, or worse

Missing the keyboard, but at least I kept my other BB10 phone
    03-11-15 07:29 AM
    Oh man, sorry to see. Really hope it works out and your phone is saved mate
    Pcmx likes this.
    03-16-15 03:09 AM
    It's working:

^^ Wait, that's not it

Watched the BB Vietnam dis-assembly video and took it apart way too much!!

Fully functioning, and I should be happy except for the screen You can see it flat-lining for days .

It immediately forced a mandatory update before I even had it together which left me with some weird 10.3.0, 10.3.1 combo glitch? With the obvious device issues, it surprised me it even worked. Oddly the update was not for the FREAK fix..?

Finally did a security wipe, got it out of an endless update loop, and well, now seeing how it goes.

The screen is getting better with use. Still, feels like something undead now. It'll never be the same lol..

My screen started flickering. My friend looks over unassured with my 'repair'. Who knows, maybe it will conk out. I got a laugh.
    03-19-15 09:50 AM
    I remember when I drop my BlackBerry bold in a lake in central park. A tear came down as I watched it sink into the lake. I had a button up shirt with a chest pocket. I looked over a bridge to see a duck and I guess the BlackBerry wanted to see the duck too. I'm pretty sure that BlackBerry is still down there.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 11:17 AM
    ive dropped my white new passport in a sink full of water and cleaning chemicals
    im now using the power dry method, bowl of rice with phone inside the over on a warm grill
    watch this space and fingers crossed :/
    08-05-15 10:25 AM
    As much as we love the Passport, I don't think any phone will survive "a quick trip to the washing machine".
    My wife's Q10 survived a trip to the washing machine. It was in there about ten minutes before being recovered from the bottom of the drum.

Several days in a bag of rice revived it. The only long term effect was that the HDMI port no longer worked after that. She continued to use the phone as her daily for about eight more months.

Actually, she now has an iPhone but continues to use that Q10 for emails (WiFi only) because keyboard.

I have a friend who is an electrical engineer. He says most of these phones are now treated internally with a substance that protects the circuits from corrosion, etc that can be caused by water exposure. They don't claim to be "waterproof" because the process is fairly cheap, cursory, and not necessarily effective as the phone ages. Of course, Apple is the stand out company that can't be bothered to administer this treatment. Why pass on a golden opportunity to wrest more cash from customers who will never, ever, take a look at what competitor products are doing?

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    08-05-15 01:50 PM
87 ... 234