Is it possible to downgrade my BlackBerry Passport to OS 10.2?

I really need to downgrade or upgrade or whatever because my wifi keeps disconnecting and the signal is very weak.my iphone 6 and note 4 shows full bar but my passport shows 1 bar.

and I really do need wifi when im home because I aint got cellular signal at home.

Ive tried to google this and ive cant seem to find a solution.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks in advance.

Sent via CB10 from my BlackBerryElite
    03-05-15 09:49 AM
    No, there is not 10.2 for Passport. The passport shipped with 10.3.0
    03-05-15 09:53 AM
    Okay ill hang on to my cdma phone (tethering) since cdma is the only signal I get at home until BlackBerry releases an update.

03-05-15 10:13 AM

I really need to downgrade or upgrade or whatever because my wifi keeps disconnecting and the signal is very weak.my iphone 6 and note 4 shows full bar but my passport shows 1 bar.

and I really do need wifi when im home because I aint got cellular signal at home.

Thanks in advance.

Keep in mind that just because iOS and android show full bars it doesn't mean they actually have full bars
    In my experience with different OSes, BB10 is the most accurate displaying what can be connected to, and what can't
    So in a sense, the full bars you see could very well be "false"
    03-05-15 10:46 AM
    But on my iphone and note they both work well.whereas on my Passport it wouldnt load....

03-06-15 07:58 AM
    Try reloading your OS using BlackBerry link.
    03-06-15 08:02 AM
    I re-loaded my OS twice and the wifi problem still persis....

03-06-15 09:41 PM
    I would run BBVE (diagnostic test for hardware) and look for connection/radio problems to see if you have a hardware problem---can't hurt to check it out.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 11:25 PM
    I re-loaded my OS twice and the wifi problem still persis....

What OS version are you running?

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 11:51 PM
    Maybe the connection is dropping because of WiFi signal congestion in your area. Try changing the radio channel of your router from the default channel (1 or 6) to a less used channel (3).

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 03:20 AM

Thanks in advance.

Try loading a different radio software that works for your current os version... If you can find one specifically for your service provider or country, i think it would solve the problem.

Moto X 2k14 Posted via
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    03-07-15 05:26 AM
    Yes you can downgrade only to 10.3.0.xxx or install 10.3..1.2480

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 05:38 AM

Thanks in advance.

as you could see people dont wanna admit that there is HUGE WIFI BUG IN 10.3.1

do not reload anything
    do not restart it
    do not mess with your router
    do not load radios its useless

DOWNGRADE as I did so ... these people just cant see that WIFI iS UNUSABLE IN 10.3.1
    03-07-15 06:51 AM
    as you could see people dont wanna admit that there is HUGE WIFI BUG IN 10.3.1

do not reload anything
    do not restart it
    do not mess with your router
    do not load radios its useless

DOWNGRADE as I did so ... these people just cant see that WIFI iS UNUSABLE IN 10.3.1
    Guess I'm fortunate because Wifi works fine for the two Passports in my household running 10.3.1

But you go ahead and keep thinking whatever makes you feel better.

Posted via CB10
    DenKlomps likes this.
    03-07-15 06:56 AM
    it might be a router issue. You might have an older router. I have an old Belkin router and one of several bb phones connected to it keep disconnecting. I changed the channel in the router and it worked. Maybe i have a lot of devices that are connected to it so that it gets congested.

however, i replaced my router recently with the free TMO router and no signal issues are happening. It can handle more devices and it has more connections available as i can open several guest connections for 2.4 and 5.0 bands.
    03-07-15 07:05 AM
    yes and you want him to change routers all over the planet ? .... he is not the only one wifi is ok on 10.2 so including me here we go:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...highlight=wifi
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...wifi+low+range
    my bb z30 keep on saying network disabled!! - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    Wifi issue with 10.3.1 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

And I could continue forever mate so yes whatever ....... *facepalm*
    03-07-15 07:43 AM
    yes and you want him to change routers all over the planet ? .... he is not the only one wifi is ok on 10.2 so including me here we go:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...wifi+low+range
    my bb z30 keep on saying network disabled!! - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    Wifi issue with 10.3.1 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

And I could continue forever mate so yes whatever ....... *facepalm*
    And we could continue forever too that there's lots of people that don't have that problem *facepalm*
    Just because there's threads of people with problems doesn't mean everyone has it or its a huge issue. I'm not or anyone else is going to go around and create 100's of threads saying I have a passport and this feature is perfect and works.

Posted via CB10
    Legal Eagle and DenKlomps like this.
    03-07-15 07:53 AM
    I'm not having any WiFi issues.

� Working WIDE � T-Mobile  Passport � Autoloaded 10.3.1.2267 � � Updated using Sachesi to 10.3.1.2280 Flickering Gone �
    DenKlomps likes this.
    03-07-15 08:28 AM
    GO INTO THE ROUTER AND CHANGE THE CHANNEL FROM AUTO TO CHANNEL 11 ! you are getting interference from everywhere else. If that doesn't work buy a new router.

Most people on the planet will not know this and will not do this. So yes! This is a common problem people DO NOT INVESTIGATE.
    03-07-15 08:38 AM
    You asked, people have offered ideas and then you start stonewalling. No problem here with wifi nor do any of my other BlackBerry friends. Try one of the ideas since they took the time to offer to help, let others know if it works.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 09:00 AM
    Wow,thanks a lot guys for the advice.

I am on SQW100-1/10.3.1.2243.i am using a Cisco router,my BlackBerry Z3 has the same OS but wifi is better compared to my Passport.

I tried looking for my radio file from post #2 but I cant find it.and im sorry im not really familiar with loading radio files.

My Passport wifi bug happened at home and office.so I doubt that its my router.my iphone6,note4,z3,ipad mini,tab s and macbook doesnt seem to have this problem.

I really do like the Passport,to a point where buggy wifi wouldnt stop me from using it as my MAIN phone.eventough I really do need wifi at home since cellular signal is very weak.

I guess the best way is to wait till BlackBerry sends out a new update?

03-07-15 10:02 AM
    And ive got friends using Q10 and other BB10 devices.and 9/10 has got problems with their wifi since upgrading to 10.3.

Im from Indonesia,maybe the update is different for every region?

03-07-15 10:08 AM
    I had some spotty WiFi with an Amped Access Point at home. Retired the Amped and replaced it with a TRENDNet TEW-815DAP AC Access Point and it's been rock solid since.

I've also never had a problem using public WiFi.

� Working WIDE � T-Mobile  Passport � Autoloaded 10.3.1.2267 � � Updated using Sachesi to 10.3.1.2280 Flickering Gone �
    03-07-15 01:34 PM
    I have been a blackberry user since '03 and the passport is the worst experience I've had with a blackberry, especially given the fact that I had been looking forward to the passport for a long time, I got mine last week and it is riddled with problems, ran the diagnostics check and the phone is fine, but it keeps dropping wifi signals, sometimes it wont even connect and the router is in my room so hardly a signal issue, then there is the mobile radio, where my iPhone is getting a 4G LTE signal my passport in the same spot and on the same network cant manage more than a mere EDGE signal, and then there is the hotspot problem, I tried to setup the hotspot and after the setup I waited for over an hour but the bloody thing just showed a revolving circle saying "connecting"...I have been using blackberry since the 6230 and I love my bold 9900 so much that I am still using it to this day, the passport I am afraid might just be the phone which makes me bid farewell to blackberry once and for all...
    03-08-15 01:29 AM
    Four of us have rented a villa in St Maarten and the private pool is a very long ways from the Wifi router. Well my PP with 10.3.1 has the best connectivity of all of us, my wife's Z30 with 10.3.1 next and both of our friends have iPhone5s and rarely can connect. Both my wife and I didn't see much of a difference with WiFi performance/connectivity after we upgraded down hear on vacation. The issue definitely does not affect everyone. Neither of us have the flicker issue either. I originally did but 2 hard resets and haven't see any since.

Posted CB10->BB Passport
    03-08-15 05:03 AM
28 12