Has anyone had a double typing issue on the Passport? My more than 50% of the time, my "B" key double types.

I did not have a Q10, though I've heard that it had the double typing issue. Has anyone else experienced this on the Passport? Is this a hardware problem?

Thanks.
    pat-wallace and sherif owida like this.
    02-11-15 12:39 PM
    Has anyone had a double typing issue on the Passport? My more than 50% of the time, my "B" key double types.

I did not have a Q10, though I've heard that it had the double typing issue. Has anyone else experienced this on the Passport? Is this a hardware problem?

Thanks.
    Haven't had a double-typing problem with my Passport (which I've only had for less than a month) - how old is yours?

(Never had the issue with my Q10 either - which I had for approximately 18 months)
    7thedon7 likes this.
    02-11-15 12:49 PM
    No double typing issue for me (and it better not start, I put up with my Q10 doing and that was a royal pain in the ****) I've had my Passport since November. Maybe take yours back to where you bought it and get another.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 12:53 PM
    I bought it about 3 months ago from someone who bought 1 month before (i.e. around launch time).
    02-11-15 12:53 PM
    Would sending an email to BlackBerry outlining the problem be worth it? I hope you can get it fixed.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 12:58 PM
    This is one of the worries I had before I decided to buy a passport. That's what turned me away from the q10. Had my passport since new years eve without any double typing issues and I hope it doesn't start.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    02-11-15 01:01 PM
    I guess I'll try. No clue where to email to though, but will look around BB support sites.

Does anyone know how getting something fixed on warranty works if you bought the phone from someone else, but the phone is still under warranty? The previous owner bought it from a carrier that is not my carrier.
    02-11-15 01:02 PM
    No double type issue, I have the passport since the 2nd week of October.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    02-11-15 03:18 PM
    No double type issue here and I've had my Passport since a week after launch.

What I do get is when I press submit or send, I get the bubble popping up that allows you to edit your sentences etc. Annoying but not the end of the world for me.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 03:21 PM
    No double type issues here. Purchased in November.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 03:32 PM
    I've had my Passport for just over 4 months and have no double type issues.

Posted via CB10
    mighthor likes this.
    02-11-15 03:40 PM
    Not here either, had 3 Q's that did so I hope it wont be an issue

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.2267
    02-11-15 03:43 PM
    You are right I am experiencing double typing on my passport for some time. My previous phone was a q10...the same problem. I thought with the passport I got rid of this q10 issue but it's still here

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 03:47 PM
    that would be annoying...no double typing for me (had the phone since launch)
    mighthor likes this.
    02-11-15 05:02 PM
    I thought I saw my "b" key double typing. It happens very rarely (maybe once every other day) but figured it was all in my head.

Hearing I'm not the only one to experience this worries me...

Sent from my Passport
    02-11-15 07:32 PM
    Purchased in Nov'14. Just started noticing the same today. It happens sometimes.
    02-12-15 11:44 AM
    I guess I'll try. No clue where to email to though, but will look around BB support sites.

Does anyone know how getting something fixed on warranty works if you bought the phone from someone else, but the phone is still under warranty? The previous owner bought it from a carrier that is not my carrier.
    Try cleaning the screen and the keyboard. I was having some odd keyboard issues this morning. When putting in a password some of the keys were not double typing but putting in the letter followed by the number 2. I am not sure if it was dirt related or software. I cleaned the screen and keyboard by spraying some window cleaner on a microfiber cloth and then wiped the screen and keyboard with the wet part of the cloth and then polished it off. I also did a reboot, so not sure which cured it.

In regards to warranty, you will not get BlackBerry to do anything unless you have an inside connection at BlackBerry. BlackBerry will tell you to get it serviced through the original carrier. You need to find either the original seller or a friend on the same carrier to submit if for warranty. I would try rebooting and cleaning first.
    02-12-15 12:29 PM
    My Q10 does it. Why don't they just code the OS with an option to adjust the duration allowed between keystrokes. This way when you experienced it, you could increase the duration in milliseconds until you no longer experience it. That would most likely not affect your ability to type fast.
    Lmuzzammil likes this.
    02-12-15 12:44 PM
    I've been fortunate enough never to have had this issue on my Q10 op my Passport. What is the cause of this? Is it the software or the hardware?

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 12:49 PM
    I've been fortunate enough never to have had this issue on my Q10 op my Passport. What is the cause of this? Is it the software or the hardware?

Posted via CB10
    On the Q10 it was the keyboard hardware. Not sure why they can't filter it out in software.
    02-12-15 12:56 PM
    I had letter "t" double typing on bbm once in awhile, since I use bbm quite a lot. Not just that, the circle thing pop up after pressing return key happen very often. That bothers me a lot. I am sure I did not double tap the return key.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 08:44 AM
    I had letter "t" double typing on bbm once in awhile, since I use bbm quite a lot. Not just that, the circle thing pop up after pressing return key happen very often. That bothers me a lot. I am sure I did not double tap the return key.

Posted via CB10
    I sometimes get the circle thing popping up a lot - I've found that if I wipe the screen clean (even though it already looks clean to me), the circle thing stops popping up
    02-14-15 12:27 PM
    I posted something about this already too. Mine is worse, I'm getting it on a lot of characters and it happens often. It's really frustrating.
    02-14-15 09:10 PM
    I have problem with my letter 'Y' started about a month ago....other than that, this is my best BlackBerry so far.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 09:47 PM
    Are you guys serious?

Please tell me you are all joking and this is all just a bad dream...

#CB10 #glassweave #qwerty
    02-14-15 11:42 PM
179 123 ...