So why don't you guys return it. Has a year warranty

Posted via CB10
    I'm in the process of doing that but the issue is they will give you a refurbished unit. Not new.

I was on the phone with BlackBerry for some time and this is what I was told. No new unit replacements. Period.

Posted via CB10
    amathtools likes this.
    05-14-15 09:47 AM
    So why don't you guys return it. Has a year warranty

Posted via CB10
    Because when you send it in for warranty, you get a refurbished unit, and not all units are treated with the same care as others...

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 10:39 AM
    Fixed it for ya.

I agree. If the problem persists on my Passport, I don't think I'd buy another PKB device. After going through four (count 'em) 9780s to get one without this problem, then the Q10 (had to get a spare keyboard, which I still haven't installed) and now the Passport, it's just too much.
    This may sound like a crazy idea for a cause, but is it at all possible that the auto-correct feature is responsible for some of these double type issues??? And what if the auto substitute also saves the incorrect word.....tadaa you always get incorrectly spelled words... worth looking into don't you think!!

Posted from my Kick@ss AT&T Passport.
    05-19-15 06:55 PM
    I posted a video in another thread. Started with my N key, has spread to O and M. Didn't have an issue the first 4 months.

05-19-15 09:26 PM
    It happens randomly. The quick brown fox jump over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jump over the lazy dog. The latest leeak 2782 has little probability being doubled.

Posted via CB10
    You're missing an "s" there buddy.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 07:50 AM
    This may sound like a crazy idea for a cause, but is it at all possible that the auto-correct feature is responsible for some of these double type issues??? And what if the auto substitute also saves the incorrect word.....tadaa you always get incorrectly spelled words... worth looking into don't you think!!
    If it were auto-correct it would happen consistently, but it doesn't, at least in my case. I can type the word "she" over and over, and one time out of 10 or 20 it'll do "shee" instead. I use this example because it seems to me that I see the double-typing in the word "she" more than in other words, for some reason.

For the heck of it, I just typed "she" 30 times and couldn't get it to happen once. Maybe a fix is to set "sh" to "she" in Word Substitution!
    05-21-15 07:19 AM
    If it were auto-correct it would happen consistently, but it doesn't, at least in my case. I can type the word "she" over and over, and one time out of 10 or 20 it'll do "shee" instead. I use this example because it seems to me that I see the double-typing in the word "she" more than in other words, for some reason.

For the heck of it, I just typed "she" 30 times and couldn't get it to happen once. Maybe a fix is to set "sh" to "she" in Word Substitution!
    Maybe it's smarter than that. It might do it in certain instances when "she" is used in conjunction with other words or depending on its placement amongst other words.

I still think it's a combination of both:

HARDWARE (affected by environment e.g. humidity) + SOFTWARE (processor load in conjunction with debounce and possibly this autocorrect/wordsub feature).

If it were only hardware, why is it not happening more often like when you type "she" thirty times? Surely if it were only hardware it would be likely to happen a bunch of times when you type "she" thirty times?
    05-21-15 06:13 PM
    Maybe it's smarter than that. It might do it in certain instances when "she" is used in conjunction with other words or depending on its placement amongst other words.

I still think it's a combination of both:

HARDWARE (affected by environment e.g. humidity) + SOFTWARE (processor load in conjunction with debounce and possibly this autocorrect/wordsub feature).

If it were only hardware, why is it not happening more often like when you type "she" thirty times? Surely if it were only hardware it would be likely to happen a bunch of times when you type "she" thirty times?
    You may be on to something here...wonder if any of the smart programming people at BlackBerry have ever considered this?

Posted from my Kick@ss AT&T Passport.
    05-21-15 07:09 PM
133 ... 456