How can I get to somebody at Blackberry to make some headway with a warranted fix/replacement? I'm going on a business trip next week and really, really need a working phone.

My sad story...

Purchased my Passport from Amazon back in October. Two weeks ago cellular network starts randomly disconnecting (mostly) and reconnecting. Replaced microSIM card and no difference. Get on call with company and ATT support. The phone seems to have gone bad. Need to fix or repair.

I contact Amazon and they tell me to contact Blackberry. I go to Blackberry's page and click on the link for "Amazon customers." I input info including PIN, email, etc. The page responds with a message that "Our records indicate that your phone was not purchased through Amazon." Which is bull.

I go back to Amazon and they give me a number to call at Blackberry. After going through the menus I was told to contact the retailer. So, I start another chat session with Amazon who could not help me. At the end of the chat with Amazon “support" I asked the guy how to cancel my Prime account and all he said was “I’ll do it for you.” That is all! I'm out of there. Not a good idea to buy a phone from Amazon

How can I get to somebody at Blackberry to make some headway?
    Last edited by miata; 05-05-15 at 08:47 PM.
    05-05-15 08:34 PM
    Purchased my Passport from Amazon back in October. Two weeks ago cellular network starts randomly disconnecting (mostly) and reconnecting. Replaced microSIM card and no difference. Get on call with company and ATT support. The phone seems to have gone bad. Need to fix or repair.

I contact Amazon and they tell me to contact Blackberry. I go to Blackberry's page and click on the link for "Amazon customers." .....
    Which country are you based in, which Amazon site did you purchase from, and which BlackBerry office did you contact?

I've purchased lots of phones from Amazon UK and never had a problem if I've needed to do a return, replacement or a repair.
    05-05-15 08:53 PM
    Which country are you based in, which Amazon site did you purchase from, and which BlackBerry office did you contact?

I've purchased lots of phones from Amazon UK and never had a problem if I've needed to do a return, replacement or a repair.
    US. The Blackberry number I called was 877-255-2377.
    05-05-15 08:56 PM
    Did you actually buy directly from Amazon or from one of the Amazon Marketplace sellers? Personally, I have never had a problem with either Amazon.com or Amazon.ca, but I have had an issue or two arise dealing with some of the Amazon Marketplace sellers. If you bought from a Marketplace seller, it could explain why BlackBerry doesn't show the device as being sold by Amazon.
    robert_in_la likes this.
    05-05-15 09:23 PM
    Did you actually buy directly from Amazon or from one of the Amazon Marketplace sellers? Personally, I have never had a problem with either Amazon.com or Amazon.ca, but I have had an issue or two arise dealing with some of the Amazon Marketplace sellers. If you bought from a Marketplace seller, it could explain why BlackBerry doesn't show the device as being sold by Amazon.
    Amazon Direct.
    BlackBerry Passport - Factory Unlocked Smartphone - Black
    Sold by Amazon.com LLC
    05-05-15 11:03 PM
    Shopblackberry for the win! Have ordered over 10 devices for family, etc. and multiple Passports and have contacted BlackBerry without issue as I bought directly from them. Shopblackberry charges $5 for expedited shipping which has always been 2 day shipping. Same as Prime.

All joking aside though, if you purchased direct from Amazon, not a reseller, I'd think that the warranty would apply. This is actually one of the reasons I purchase all BB10s from shopblackberry. It's easier when it comes to contacting BlackBerry and there is no "talk to your provider" back and forth.

As I wrote, I'd assume that the 1 year warranty on hardware would apply if direct from Amazon. It'll likely be a matter of going back and forth. I think you should specify that you need to utilize the 1 year warranty from BlackBerry and not any return policy from Amazon. Amazon is great for customer service after the initial sale and return period.

I think that the confusion may be with the wording. Amazon likely thinks you want them to repair/replace and if bought from a third party such as a carrier BlackBerry will advise you to discuss with them. Kinda tricky, but make sure they are aware that you are trying to exercise the warranty from BlackBerry.

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't see why a device bought new direct from Amazon would not apply for the warranty since Amazon is now a BlackBerry partner and sells BlackBerry devices new.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    05-06-15 02:56 AM
    If nobody resolves your issue, raise a complaint in better business Bureau BBB. Blackberry would definitely contact you. I did that for a different issue contacting back n forth with different companies and it was resolved only after a BBB complaint.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 07:34 AM
    Don't you have an invoice proving where and when you bought the phone? I would think BlackBerry would provide you with an email address to address the warranty and help you.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 (Telus)
    05-06-15 07:43 AM
    Just keep contacting BlackBerry about the issue and go through their troubleshooting. They have to take care of you and so does amazon. Escalate your issue. It just seems you're talking to the wrong persons
    05-06-15 07:53 AM
    Wouldn't it be BlackBerry's issue no matter where he bought the phone? As long as you contact BB and say "I have a BB phone, I have a receipt, I need warranty service....what do I do?" they should be able to start the process. Don't even tell them you bought it from Amazon. It shouldn't matter where you got it....it's their product that is warranted and sold by them.

OP, sounds like you have not spoken to an actual live person at BB so there might be some confusion happening. Get a person on the phone and explain the situation.
    05-06-15 08:13 AM
    Amazon don't manufacture BlackBerry devices. Put the blame squarely on BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    robert_in_la likes this.
    05-06-15 08:37 AM
    Did you buy new from Amazon or a discounted return? That can make a huge difference in what options you're given for issues and what kind of warranty you have.
    05-06-15 08:45 AM
    I got a reply from the [email protected] email I sent:

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry� Customer Support.
    Please note that this mailbox is monitored for existing support tickets only.
    Here is the link I used ttat told me my phone was not purchased from Amazon:

https://consumersupport.webapps.blac...orm/amazon_en/

Here is the message:
    Don't buy a phone from  Amazon if you want a warrantee-bb_amazon.png

Does somebody have a number that gives me a live person that can help?

I can order a new phone through my companies plan with ATT and have it for my travels next week. Should I just do that and figure out how to return the broken phone when I find a human to listen to me at Blackberry?

The thing that really torques me is that if I bought the phone directly from ATT I would have a new phone by now. Even if and when I get this issue resolved with Amazon or Blackberry I still need to wait for a phone to be sent -- maybe even after sending mine.

This is a phone -- not a damn book I purchased on Amazon. I can't wait.
    05-06-15 09:24 AM
    I got a reply from the [email protected] email I sent:

Here is the link I used ttat told me my phone was not purchased from Amazon:

https://consumersupport.webapps.blac...orm/amazon_en/

Here is the message:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB_Amazon.png 
Views:	554 
Size:	254.9 KB 
ID:	351459

Does somebody have a number that gives me a live person that can help?

I can order a new phone through my companies plan with ATT and have it for my travels next week. Should I just do that and figure out how to return the broken phone when I find a human to listen to me at Blackberry?

The thing that really torques me is that if I bought the phone directly from ATT I would have a new phone by now. Even if and when I get this issue resolved with Amazon or Blackberry I still need to wait for a phone to be sent -- maybe even after sending mine.

This is a phone -- not a damn book I purchased on Amazon. I can't wait.
    Very true. Warranty in Canada and US is primarily handled by point of purchase for the 1 year time period. At their discretion they can expedite things if a replacement is merited or they would send the device away for repair providing you with a loaner phone if their process includes it. Not too sure about Online markets though, they are supposed to be providing the warranty for minimum 30 days, have to review their policies for outside the 30 days.

This is NOT going to make you very happy, but it is printed in black and white and somewhat orange.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...UvbUpU11617937

Time to call your carrier.
    05-06-15 09:35 AM
    In the box that your passport came in there is a card with a phone number for technical support.
    05-06-15 10:43 AM
    Thanks alot, I certainly don't want Warrantee

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 12:09 PM
    DO NOT BUY FROM SHOPBB!! I have had so many horror stories and not enough time to explain. But what I can say about your situation, is that Blackberry started offering service plans for anyone that purchased a phone from ShopBB or Amazon from Nov till about March(not sure about the exact cutoff date). Might want to contact BB to see if you still qualify for the extended service plan! Like someone said earlier, if you got it through a "market place seller" you might be screwed.
    05-06-15 12:35 PM

This is NOT going to make you very happy, but it is printed in black and white and somewhat orange.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...UvbUpU11618399

Time to call your carrier.
    Talked to ATT. They can't do the warranty, since I did not purchase from them.Fortunately, I am eligible for an upgrade. Now, I have to decide if I want to buy another Blackberry on the same network that caused the problems to begin with.
    05-06-15 12:53 PM
    Does anybody have the number handy?

I'm at work now and don't have my box.
    05-06-15 12:54 PM
    05-08-15 07:46 AM
    I do not have much confidence in either Blackberry or ATT now.

I finally made contact to Blackberry through Amazon the day before yesterday. They couldn’t figure out what the problem was, and wanted to “monitor” my phone for 24 hours. They called me back yesterday in one of those rare windows where the phone was working. They then and asked me to take a screen shot of the “SIM Insert” test when my phone was disconnected. Sure enough the phone still sees the SIM card, so the problem is no SIM, which has already been replaced, and now it appears that the SIM contacts are also working. Anyway, sent an email back to BB with the screenshot. Haven't heard back yet.

I have to believe that I would be getting better service if I purchased the phone directly through BB or the carrier. Now, I'm screwed.

I've already ordered and received another Passport on ATT. I may use that until the old one hopefully gets fixed or replaced by Blackberry -- and then return it. As much as I love the phone, my logical side says that I should get a different phone on a different network.
    05-08-15 10:23 AM
    This is turning into a nightmare.

I finally decide to get out the new Passport from ATT, so that I can transfer data from by broken one. Guess what? The ATT passport will not let me transfer data from the old because ATT is running an older version of the OS -- and it has the latest.

I've been streaming logs and also taking notes of when the network is on and off. I'll call BB tomorrow to hopefully get me through this mess and replace the broken phone.

I'm glad I have 30 days to decide what to do with the temp phone. Gives me time to really look hard at a different device.
    05-09-15 11:49 PM
    This doesn't sound like a big problem, just update your at&t passport and be on your way

Get on the phone with BlackBerry and tell them this is not a network issue since your new passport is working fine on the network.
    Then don't let them suggest any other stupidity, just tell them to send you another phone because you don't have time for this.

To be honest it sounds like you're being too nice to them. Your 'threats' of leaving BlackBerry on cb aren't going to scare them lol
    05-10-15 10:16 AM
    This doesn't sound like a big problem, just update your at&t passport and be on your way

Get on the phone with BlackBerry and tell them this is not a network issue since your new passport is working fine on the network.
    Then don't let them suggest any other stupidity, just tell them to send you another phone because you don't have time for this.

To be honest it sounds like you're being too nice to them. Your 'threats' of leaving BlackBerry on cb aren't going to scare them lol
    The problem is that I have already updated to the latest release supported by ATT -- you can't update further on an ATT phone. Anyway, that version is lower than the unlocked version.

Yeah. I am probably being too nice. It just seems that every interaction with BB support seems like the last one -- itf I just do one more thing.

Does anybody know of a workaround to get the data transferred from a later version of the OS?
    Last edited by miata; 05-10-15 at 01:47 PM.
    05-10-15 10:47 AM
    The problem is that I have already updated to the latest release supported by ATT -- you can't update further on an ATT phone. Anyway, that version is lower than the unlocked version.

Yeah. I am probably being too nice. It just seems that every interaction with BB support seems like the last one -- itf I just do one more thing.

Does anybody know of a workaround to get the data transferred from a later version of the OS?
    Install the latest OS... not the one from at&t
    There are a ton of guides on getting it done
    Search for the blitz package for the version your unlocked passport is on, and then search for the guide on how to install using blitz method. It takes 5 minutes to do
    05-14-15 08:08 AM