I have been unable to set up my email accounts with all of my previous BBs because all it allowed were Enterprise email accounts. I tried all kinds of work-arounds and the only way I could get email was through BB browser apps.

I do not have an Enterprise account and after using BB for over 15 years, I would like to upgrade my current model -- BB 9800 to the Passport.

Any information and/or help would really be appreciated.
    05-05-16 09:48 AM
    You can setup your personal email account from the usual suspects (Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, etc.) on your BB10 device. Same was for my legacy BlackBerry devices going back many years.

Do you have a particular email provider that has caused issues for you to setup? I know Excite mail (yeah, that old thing) is an issue.

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    Attachment 399054
    05-05-16 10:10 AM
    I have been unable to set up my email accounts with all of my previous BBs because all it allowed were Enterprise email accounts. I tried all kinds of work-arounds and the only way I could get email was through BB browser apps.

I do not have an Enterprise account and after using BB for over 15 years, I would like to upgrade my current model -- BB 9800 to the Passport.

Email is extremely easy to setup on the Passport. All you need is your email address and your password, everything else is automatically done for you. I have 3 accounts, none of which are enterprise and they were so easy to setup that you won't believe it--lol.
    05-05-16 10:17 AM
    I have tried to setup my email accounts -- AT&T, Gmail and Cox.net -- on a number of my unlocked BB 9000+s. When I go to the email wizard, all it would allow is Enterprise email. I have never had an Enterprise account and never worked at a place that had Enterprise.

I thought it was because of getting unlocked AT&T BBs, but I am not sure. I am looking at an unlocked AT&T BB Passport and I am trying to find out if I can use the Email Wizard or BB Hub or Link to directly access my emails. At this time the only way I can get email is through Gmail on the Browser.

I also use Outlook 2010 as my tower default email, calendar, contact and task program. I sync the calendar, contact and task throufgh BB Desktop Manager and I would like to be able to do all of it directly with a Blackberry Passport.
    05-05-16 11:56 AM
    I have tried to setup my email accounts -- AT&T, Gmail and Cox.net -- on a number of my unlocked BB 9000+s. When I go to the email wizard, all it would allow is Enterprise email. I have never had an Enterprise account and never worked at a place that had Enterprise.

I thought it was because of getting unlocked AT&T BBs, but I am not sure. I am looking at an unlocked AT&T BB Passport and I am trying to find out if I can use the Email Wizard or BB Hub or Link to directly access my emails. At this time the only way I can get email is through Gmail on the Browser.

I also use Outlook 2010 as my tower default email, calendar, contact and task program. I sync the calendar, contact and task throufgh BB Desktop Manager and I would like to be able to do all of it directly with a Blackberry Passport.
    To add your Gmail account:
    � go to the Hub and tap 3-dot menu button on the lower right.
    � select 'Settings'
    � then 'add account' on the center-bottom of screen.
    � tap the 'email, calendar and contacts'
    � finally, just enter your Gmail credentials and you're done

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    05-05-16 12:15 PM
    Thank you.

I am going to order the Passport now. I hope that setting up the Hub or Link won't cause as much grief as I have had in the past trying to upgrade Desktop Manager. I could never seem to clean out all of the previous installations.
    05-05-16 12:33 PM
    Thank you.

I am going to order the Passport now. I hope that setting up the Hub or Link won't cause as much grief as I have had in the past trying to upgrade Desktop Manager. I could never seem to clean out all of the previous installations.
    I think you will be pleasantly surprised!
    05-05-16 12:46 PM
    Thank you.

Good call. I believe that you will not be disappointed.
    I use mine to sync exchange server as well as Gmail accounts. I don't sync via link, only OTA so that nothing gets mixed up.

I don't believe that you have the same road block as on you BBOS attempts.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2876

Chris - Posted from my PP SE on CB10
    05-05-16 06:44 PM

I think that on the legacy BBOS, you need to be on BIS plan if not BES to get you email setting up. On the PP, setting up your email will be a breeze. Welcome to the PP community mate. Make sure that you'll read the tips and tricks topic.

Posted from my Passport
    05-05-16 09:57 PM

For older BlackBerrys you need a BIS plan from your carrier. For BlackBerry 10 handsets it's straight data so your headache will be gone immediately. You are going to love it!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    05-05-16 10:26 PM
    I bought an unlocked BBPPSE through Amazon and live in Jamaica.

I have 7 Gmail accounts, and a business microsoft outlook account very very easy to set up with no problems.

Welcome!

Passport SQW100-4 10.3.2.2836
    05-06-16 08:34 AM
    Almost everyone has gone imap so the setup has changed and is easier. This could be your problem.

Posted from a wireless charging Passport. Get one!
    05-06-16 12:35 PM
    Thank you.

Delete all BlackBerry software from your computer. Plug the PP into computer chose install all drivers and software from the passport drive. Then update anything needing updated. This will avoid and glitches with blend or link.

Posted from a wireless charging Passport. Get one!
    05-06-16 12:44 PM
    Had BIS with my 9900 but on my PPSE I dont need it. Have Gmail, Hotmail and office 365 (exchange) just put in your emailadress and password and its Done! Perrrrfekt!

Posted via CB10
    05-06-16 12:52 PM
    OP, on legacy devices you need BIS to add email accounts other than enterprise accounts.

On BB10 devices, there is an easy to use wizard that is self explanatory.

Besides all that, you are getting a beast of a phone. Hope you enjoy BB10, your Passport and all that it offers.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 
    05-07-16 10:43 PM