Title says it all. Since last week, I noticed that my 6month old passport white does not charge when plugged in. It will only charge if plugged in and rebooted. Once disconnected, it will not charge.

Things I've tried...
    -every cable known to mankind, all of which works perfect on my Q10
    -rebooting and hard rebooting
    -security wipe
    -just recently, I used an autoloader to load the newest leak. It would ONLY recognize the autoloader if i power it off, plug it in, start the autoloader, power on. Autoloader will catch the bootrom.

So, I am currently on the latest leak, and security wiped clean and still no go.

Anybody have any ideas on what else I can do? OR Who I should contact to get it replaced/repaired? I sent an email to BB through their "contact Us" link, waiting to hear back.
    08-30-15 01:42 PM
    Haven't heard of that issue. Have you tried threatening to download an android os on it?

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    08-30-15 03:35 PM
    Does it charge when off? Just caught another "can't charge " thread where this was still an option.

Posted using CB on my gorgeous passport
    08-31-15 12:37 AM
    Hi, have the same issue here. So far the only partial solution I have found was to use a new charging pod BlackBerry branded. It seems to me that the usb connector is slightly different than the standard ones, thus just a BlackBerry cable works (in my case anyway). Very strange issue as it did not arise before and I also used standard cables. Some ppl with the same issue point to how fragile the usb port in the Passport is, so changing it could be the definite solution (unfortunately don't have that choice here).

Posted via CB10 from Passport
    08-31-15 01:25 AM
    Some "Classic" phones react this way... is it OS-related?

Unnessessary to ask you if you also "tried" the "original playbook charger" which is a real monster, in my opinion!

BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.2.1531; BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.1.2480
    08-31-15 03:49 AM
    I haven't tried the playbook charger but I've tried multiple BlackBerry branded cables with no change. I haven't noticed it charging while off.

BlackBerry has replied and told me to run that diagnostics software and send them a report. Let's see what happens.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 06:32 AM
    Has anyone do.wnloaded the latest update? Apparently the charging issues were solved. Please look at the issues below that relate to charging and USB cable problems that have been solved by the OS update.

Issue Description: If you turn off your device and then connect it to a computer using a USB cable, your device might not detect the USB cable and might not charge.

Issue Description: In some cases, after you upgrade your software, your mobile connectivity might indicate SOS only, and might not charge.

Posted via CB10 from Passport
    09-09-15 03:07 AM
    I haven't tried the playbook charger but I've tried multiple BlackBerry branded cables with no change. I haven't noticed it charging while off.

BlackBerry has replied and told me to run that diagnostics software and send them a report. Let's see what happens.

Posted via CB10
    Did you hear back from BB on this? I have been having same issue for several weeks. Original thread here : http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ugged-1032459/

I was hoping the latest update would fix this but it hasn't. Still can't charge my phone while it is on. The only way I can charge my phone is when I fully power it down. It will not detect being plugged in while it is on. Have tried several cables, etc. My carrier (Telus) pushed 10.3.2.2639 last week... I was hoping it would fix, but it didn't. Still the same thing. I cannot do a wipe and restore since my USB port won't communicate with my PC. Bah!
    09-23-15 10:05 AM
    I fixed my passport already.. after i deactivate BoostCharge feature in Clean master Application.. i dont know what the feature did to my passport, it seem they use CM lock screen to speed up battery charging... just deactivate CM lock screen and it will be fine..
    11-29-15 10:37 PM