Hi,

Just wonder do people really collect all 4?
    11-03-16 01:52 AM
    Which four.... a true collector would have more than just four.
    11-03-16 07:19 AM
    Black "OG", white, red, AT&T version, Gold Plated OG, the Passport SE and maybe that one that sold on Craigslist that was the SE running Android.

7 possible variants by my count...
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-03-16 07:30 AM
    Black "OG", white, red, AT&T version, Gold Plated OG, the Passport SE and maybe that one that sold on Craigslist that was the SE running Android.

Sadly the most valuable one is the one running Android.....
    11-03-16 07:52 AM
    How so? Seems the least valuable as its got a static version of android that will never see an update and is not supported by Blackberry or Google. Any bugs (I'm sure there are many) will never be fixed. No autoloaders even to reinstall the software if need be.
    11-03-16 08:07 AM
    How so? Seems the least valuable as its got a static version of android that will never see an update and is not supported by Blackberry or Google. Any bugs (I'm sure there are many) will never be fixed. No autoloaders even to reinstall the software if need be.
    I think it actually sold for somewhere around $200 to $250 CAD. The most valuable would definitely be one of the official gold plated ones and I believe they were all numbered with _ of 200 to show they were of a very limited run (correct me if I'm wrong).
    11-03-16 08:12 AM
    For android lovers. The reason I'm using a passport with bb10 not a dtek60 or a priv or a pixel, is because I hate android lol so why would that android passport be the most valuable?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-16 09:12 AM
    Collectors look for rarity and this one is definitely the rarest. If you had one you could probably easily get a thousand if not more for it.

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-03-16 09:14 AM
    Why do people use updates as a yardstick to measure success of an os? I can say that from a privacy point of view android 4 is better than android 6. Have you ever seen an app that has been updated tons? Bigger footprint, more background analytics, bigger ads to cover their backend etc. All Google has been focused on in recent android updates apart from the trivial gui changes is baking hardcoded analytics and embedding services into the os and simpletons are swallowing it up thinking they're getting better services and security. Android 4.3 was the cleanest os upto android 5.

Posted via CB10
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    11-03-16 09:25 AM
    Why do people use updates as a yardstick to measure success of an os? I can say that from a privacy point of view android 4 is better than android 6. Have you ever seen an app that has been updated tons? Bigger footprint, more background analytics, bigger ads to cover their backend etc. All Google has been focused on in recent android updates apart from the trivial gui changes is baking hardcoded analytics and embedding services into the os and simpletons are swallowing it up thinking they're getting better services and security. Android 4.3 was the cleanest os upto android 5.

Posted via CB10
    But there weren't even app permissions in android 4. Not sure how much of a privacy thing that was

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    11-03-16 09:29 AM
    But there weren't even app permissions in android 4. Not sure how much of a privacy thing that was

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    There were app permissions in android 4.3. Just needed appops. But you could easily run your own security suite and monitoring services.. xprivacy etc.and they were very effective. But Google has been circumventing their effectiveness with every recent os update

Posted via CB10
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    11-03-16 09:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    Well said and thank you!

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    11-03-16 09:53 AM
    All that go around intrusion requires more of your battery power. Where is the class action lawsuit on goog for destroying battery's and hardware worldwide! Where is the outrage.

11-03-16 09:57 AM
    All that go around intrusion requires more of your battery power. Where is the class action lawsuit on goog for destroying battery's and hardware worldwide! Where is the outrage.

What people don't realize is that for some reason the law of diminishing marginal productivity has been in place and android so far has reached its tipping point that there is a net negative effect with the new versions been put out. You lose ten times what you think you gain. But I'm guessing the word "Nougat" sounds cool so it's the next big thing that everyone must have.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-16 10:05 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I have a box here with Windows For Workgroups... it's only nine 1.44MB floppy disk. Updates are a measure of if an OS is alive and growing. No matter how much you like about Android 4.3, that is the past... which is being left behind by most everyone, but those "stuck" with it.

Android 4.3 was a great OS back in 2012.... but this is 2016.

But the "value" of an item to a collector, really doesn't matter if it was Android 4.3 or Android 7.0.... it that it is a rare BlackBerry.
    11-03-16 10:06 AM
    What people don't realize is that for some reason the law of diminishing marginal productivity has been in place and android so far has reached its tipping point that there is a net negative effect with the new versions been put out. You lose ten times what you think you gain. But I'm guessing the word "Nougat" sounds cool so it's the next big thing that everyone must have.

Posted via CB10
    Mmm... Nougat...
    Does anyone owns the 4 passport models just for collection sake?-5491cbb21605fb2e2e000142.jpg
    11-03-16 10:10 AM

Actually it would be 8

True OG BlackBerry fanboys/girls would know what the 8th one is

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    11-03-16 11:16 AM
    Yep the all black Passport edition
    11-03-16 11:32 AM
    They are numbered SQW100-1/2/3/4, although if you found a -2 I (and anyone who ever wanted a Verizon Passport) would like to see it.
    11-03-16 11:34 AM
    11-03-16 11:52 AM
    Yep the all black Passport edition
    Wait.... you have the ALL black one?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-16 04:13 PM
    I think it actually sold for somewhere around $200 to $250 CAD. The most valuable would definitely be one of the official gold plated ones and I believe they were all numbered with _ of 200 to show they were of a very limited run (correct me if I'm wrong).
    Hi BirdDog, I collect Blackberry phones and Old Nokia ones, and Passport is my favourite Blackberry, and the one which sadly will not grace my collection cabinets will be the official Gold plated edition as only 50 were made and inscribed one of 50 etc, and doubt if one is ever offered for sale, I would not sell it.
    11-04-16 09:04 AM
    looks like I will have fly to US and get a AT&T version or I am not a true collector?
    11-04-16 09:08 AM
    Hi BirdDog, I collect Blackberry phones and Old Nokia ones, and Passport is my favourite Blackberry, and the one which sadly will not grace my collection cabinets will be the official Gold plated edition as only 50 were made and inscribed one of 50 etc, and doubt if one is ever offered for sale, I would not sell it.
    Ah, OK... I knew it was a very limited run. The Gold plated one definitely was pretty slick looking. Good luck on your hunt. You never know what might turn up on eBay one day!
    11-04-16 11:10 AM
    Ah, OK... I knew it was a very limited run. The Gold plated one definitely was pretty slick looking. Good luck on your hunt. You never know what might turn up on eBay one day!
    Thanks BirdDog, I can enjoy using my other passports and keep looking which is part of the thrill of being a collector.
    11-04-16 01:12 PM