Do you think the Passport will get the Android Lollipop update, because it has 3 GB of ram?

Silver Edition Passport
    08-29-15 11:52 AM
    Uhh what's the connection ? It would be silly to 'upgrade ' current devices considering most people bought the BlackBerry with no knowledge of android
    08-29-15 12:14 PM
    What? this doesn't even make sense
    08-29-15 12:20 PM
    What? this doesn't even make sense
    It makes sense KID! If the slider is going to be running Android and have Google play service, and their is a video of it on a SE, do I want a slider....No! I want the option to switch os on my SE Passport.

Silver Edition Passport
    08-29-15 01:08 PM
    It makes sense KID! If the slider is going to be running Android and have Google play service, and their is a video of it on a SE, do I want a slider....No! I want the option to switch os on my SE Passport.

Silver Edition Passport
    Good point.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 01:11 PM
    Uhh what's the connection ? It would be silly to 'upgrade ' current devices considering most people bought the BlackBerry with no knowledge of android
    Pretty sure their are people out there that would love to have a passport with Android. Some people don't like sliders. And a SE Passport with Android could increase sales for BlackBerry.

Silver Edition Passport
    Sparksx likes this.
    08-29-15 01:15 PM
    I hope it doesn't come by way of an auto update, I want to keep bb10 on my passport, but I wouldn't mind if they issued a manual update that can be done to go android, that way ppl that want to go android can opt to do so, and ppl that like bb10 can stay with what they like.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 01:15 PM
    I think my Passport will get Lollipop because I had bacon for breakfast this morning.

Posted via CB10 // Passport SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2339 // Cricket Wireless
    08-29-15 01:26 PM
    I think my Passport will get Lollipop because I had bacon for breakfast this morning.

Keep laughing, but JC said in his interview yesterday, in his mind he has a date that handsets need be profitable . If not profitable then no more hardware. But he said that we need hardware for end to end security. Enjoy your bacon on a lollipop.
    Do you think the Passport will get the Android Lollipop update, because it has 3 GB of ram?-bacon-lollipops.jpg

Silver Edition Passport
    morofox75 likes this.
    08-29-15 01:34 PM
    Pretty sure their are people out there that would love to have a passport with Android. Some people don't like sliders. And a SE Passport with Android could increase sales for BlackBerry.

Silver Edition Passport
    You nailed it! The Passport SE is as good as bought once I know Android will be available for it.
    Sparksx likes this.
    08-29-15 02:33 PM
    Do you think the Passport will get the Android Lollipop update, because it has 3 GB of ram?

Silver Edition Passport
    Lollipop is a Downgrade from bb10, not and upgrade....
    08-29-15 02:36 PM
    I don't think passport users will be crazy to run an open source Google os. Are you be happy to see a pure AOSP rom running on your costly device?
    08-29-15 02:51 PM
    Maybe the option of Lollipop will be available for all previous BB10 devices?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
    Sparksx likes this.
    08-29-15 03:25 PM
    I don't mind installing android, as long as I can use autoloader to revert it back to bb10 if something happened.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 03:27 PM
    Keep laughing...
    I was just hinting to the fact that your reasoning makes absolutely no sense. Just because the Passport has 3GB RAM, why does that mean it's going to get Android or not?

Then, your follow-up post went in an entirely different direction, talking about JC's latest comments. No idea how your brain works, but it confuses me.
    08-29-15 03:29 PM
    I was just hinting to the fact that your reasoning makes absolutely no sense. Just because the Passport has 3GB RAM, why does that mean it's going to get Android or not?

Then, your follow-up post went in an entirely different direction, talking about JC's latest comments. No idea how your brain works, but it confuses me.
    KID, their is a SE Passport test device out in the wild using Android. What other BB10 device has 3GB of Ram? If BlackBerry does not sell some phones, we won't need to worry about any os, cuz the hardware department will be gone!

Silver Edition Passport
    08-29-15 03:57 PM
    KID, their is a SE Passport test device out in the wild using Android. What other BB10 device has 3GB of Ram? If BlackBerry does not sell some phones, we won't need to worry about any os, cuz the hardware department will be gone!

Silver Edition Passport
    Sigh...Forget it.

08-29-15 04:06 PM

Silver Edition Passport

*All* BlackBerry Passport has 3GB memory, and 32GB internal storage.. the SE edition is the same chocolate with a different wrapping...
    08-29-15 04:10 PM
    *All* BlackBerry Passport has 3GB memory, and 32GB internal storage.. the SE edition is the same chocolate with a different wrapping...
    I know that, I'm just using the SE as an example, because I saw it in the video.

Silver Edition Passport
    08-29-15 04:28 PM
    Even if it doesn't have 3gb ram? Most android devices have 2gb of ram

 CB10 - Q10 - 10.3.2.680 
    PaoloSv likes this.
    08-29-15 04:37 PM
    We won't get Android! The CEO of BlackBerry announced today that it won't. only new devices. very disappointing. I want a kit kat now!
    08-29-15 04:40 PM
    It will get BB10 with Android runtime 5.02 in November.
    PaoloSv likes this.
    08-29-15 04:51 PM
    Ever notice the LG G3 has almost the same hardware specs as the Passport, at 3GB of RAM?

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/com...ones/8854,8347

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 05:42 PM
    Why is the OP calling people "KID"? You're the one who came in here asking a stupid question and then you have the nerve to condescend people and call them KID? What's your problem? Not a good look at all.

Instead of worrying about whether future phones will or will not have Android, learn how to have some manners and consideration first. And once you have done so, acquire some common sense. No one on here can tell you with any certainty if the Passport will get anything.

And hasn't this question been asked a number of times already?

Man, since all this Android stuff has come out, people have been plain losing their minds.

Feels like we have entered the Twilight Zone.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Red Edition
    08-29-15 05:55 PM

Silver Edition Passport
    Bad point, don't need no stinking Android OS
    08-29-15 07:37 PM
85 123 ...