Will they honour all the ppl who have stayed with bb and not moved to iphone/android or will they cheap out and not include a leather holster?
    07-19-14 05:08 PM
    Considering that the Passport has 32GB of internal storage, I'd rather trade up the leather holster.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by thanasi; 07-20-14 at 09:34 PM.
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    07-19-14 05:12 PM
    I doubt it

Differentiate or Die
    07-19-14 05:21 PM
    I was plenty surprised when my t-mobile 9900 came with a leather holster. I wouldn't be surprised if the Classic came with one as well

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 05:22 PM
    Will they honour all the ppl who have stayed with bb and not moved to iphone/android or will they cheap out and not include a leather holster?
    they stopped including leather holsters years ago ..............I cant see them changing that
    07-20-14 07:15 AM
    Which sucks seeing that BlackBerry accessories are hard to find in the stores around here

Z30 Pooooooooower!
    07-20-14 07:34 AM
    I think they will go all out and include a microfiber cleaning cloth.
    aminrajabi and peednus like this.
    07-20-14 07:36 AM

I am sure they will want to keep their expenses to a minimum, but would be happy to charge you a premium to include additional accessories for you.
    07-20-14 07:51 AM
    They probably should. Will the thing even fit in a pocket?
    just_luc likes this.
    07-20-14 07:53 AM
    They probably should. Will the thing even fit in a pocket?
    When CrackBerry did a review of a pre-released Passport they stated it fit comfortably in front pants pocket as well as shirt pocket. I'm sure this will depend on the pants, ladies will have more of an issue.

Posted via Q10
    07-20-14 09:26 AM
    I used a holster way back since the beginning.. I especially miss the hard plastic holsters that came with the 8700 and such.. I stopped using them though when I moved from the 9700 to the 9900. I finally felt the phone was thin enough to fit comfortably in my pocket.. now, although still thin we are getting wider and wider.. tough to say if holsters will make a come back.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 09:52 AM
    The problem with early adopters is that the phone may be out, but none of the accessories, well, with BlackBerry anyways. So be prepared to walk around with the protective plastic on the passport for a while after being it

Z30 Pooooooooower!
    07-20-14 09:55 AM
    How's aboot if you go into a store for an upgrade... and your current phone is a BlackBerry THEN you get a case. If you're coming from an iPhony or some kind of Iced Cream Gingerbread Jelly Bean Sandwich- then the sales person reaches into the Passport box & takes it back!

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    07-20-14 01:29 PM
    You know, I'm actually wondering just how a Passport holster would work. Probably would need the whole cow for just one.

Posted via CB10
    zehkaiser likes this.
    07-20-14 01:32 PM
    How do they verify you are a faithful BlackBerry user?

And everyone can thank apple for no holster. They never provided it and it's fans buy insanely expensive phones and NO holsters. So clearly the market doesn't care.

BlackBerry should not provide a holster (I would like one) because it cuts down their profit margin.

There is always, what I call a law of unintended consequences. In this case apple success means no holsters for us.

Posted via CB10
    AbAll87 likes this.
    07-20-14 01:39 PM
    I think a better combo is a bluetooth headset

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 02:16 PM
    I can't answer this question, because BlackBerry providing a leather holster with the Passport has nothing to do with "honouring their customers". It's a business decision and you must decide whether to buy the phone with or without a holster accessory.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 02:32 PM
    Rather than spending 10 bucks per holster and give it out free, would rather see them diverting those funds to R&D and continue developing greater BB's and maybe even a new Playbook... Seriously, I wouldn't mind the 10 bucks if I really want to protect my BB. The holster doesn't really cover the top of the phone anyway. A drop on the pavement will still scratch the top of the phone.
    EchuOkan1 likes this.
    07-20-14 05:46 PM
    Probably not.
    07-20-14 05:53 PM
    Ooh the lack of Hi or should no leather holster be included. OMFG when will this naivety stop!!?!

Holster, a tired accessory from yesteryear, which very few of BlackBerry's customers actually use now a days.

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    07-21-14 06:39 AM
    I'm a holster user, but from a business perspective for BlackBerry, it makes no sense to include one. Yes I have to pay the $40 for one (my Q10 one was about that) but for the cost and number of sales they gain from it, it's a money losing proposition.

Let's be honest, the holster is not what is going to make or break the decision to buy a BlackBerry. There is no business case to include it.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 12:48 PM
    I want the old type of leather on the holsters...

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 01:13 PM
    A Holster from BlackBerry always satisfies my BlackBerry. Don't wanna have scratches. Mostly I use a leather Holster for travelling with the BlackBerry. Always bestest.

Then at office or home I take out my BlackBerry and put it on a table. To see the nice design.

But I guess they won't give you an extra pouch like RIM era. Unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 05:42 PM
    How do they verify you are a faithful BlackBerry user?

And everyone can thank apple for no holster. They never provided it and it's fans buy insanely expensive phones and NO holsters. So clearly the market doesn't care.

BlackBerry should not provide a holster (I would like one) because it cuts down their profit margin.

There is always, what I call a law of unintended consequences. In this case apple success means no holsters for us.

Posted via CB10
    I can provide them a Motient 857 and a Verizon 7730. Maybe a Nextel "Blueberry" if I dig far enough.
    07-22-14 10:34 AM
    Haha! Nope!

Z10.......er......BlackDroid in action!
    07-22-14 10:36 AM
29 12