On all three of the BlackBerry 10 phones I've owned (Z10, Z31, and Passport), I've found that opening messages from the hub is just too much hassle, as the darn thing starts scrolling down for ages, stalling and lagging like mad. It's a real shame, and at first I thought it was just a bug - but on three phones?

Do you guys avoid opening from the hub for the same reasons?

Posted via CB10
    MRTTNS likes this.
    03-29-15 06:52 AM
    I have no idea what you're talking about. The HUB is my favourite OS feature out here.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    03-29-15 06:59 AM
    No problem here on my Z10 and Passport

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 07:01 AM
    When would you open messages then?
    03-29-15 07:02 AM
    Did you restore from a backup on each phone?
    03-29-15 07:04 AM
    That's the only way I open msgs..

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 07:04 AM
    I have never experienced what you are describing. The Hub is the only way I look at emails... you can pinch to see only unopened mail, expand to see all emails. Select only the account you want to focus on business only or personal only. It is a great tool with bb10.
    What were you doing at the time you experienced this?

BlackBerry Passport and loving it!
    03-29-15 07:06 AM
    Different here. I live on the hub; I think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. In fact, I do not use any screen besides the hub and the Blackberry Assistant screen. I text, FB, tweet, email, google straight from the Assistant. It's so so so fast to get things done. To access an app (I have 150), I just enter the first couple letters and the app is there. Just too cumbersome to swipe through pages of icons. To text John Doe, I can simply enter either 'txt j', 'txt do', 'sms jo', 'sms do', 'mess jo', or 'mess d'. The point is there are many ways to accomplish a task with BB10. I carry 4 phones, I like all of them, but the BB10 device is just crazy efficient. As far as the hub, it's efficient and productive that everything is there... just there in one place. Sent emails are just there, don't need to go to a Sent box to reference a conversation. To locate an email, just enter some word in the search bar. Pretty productive.
    Last edited by quangtran1; 04-05-15 at 07:22 AM.
    03-29-15 07:17 AM
    I've experienced it constantly. If I open BBM from the hub, I have to wait for messages to lag and scroll way down to the bottom. It's been like this on more than one phone as I said. It takes about 10-15 seconds for it to actually get to go the bottom of the convo so that I can respond. This is on the Passport now, which surprised me, because it's supposed to be really sharp.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 07:18 AM
    The Hub is the reason I have stayed with BlackBerry. I've grown to Love the efficiency of other aspects of BB10.

� T-Mobile  вιaсĸвεггч� Passport � Autoloaded 10.3.1.2582 � � Sachesi upgraded to 10.3.1.2708 �
    03-29-15 07:19 AM
    Hi,
    Sorry but I have not had that problem with my Z10 nor with my Passport.
    I think the hub is a great idea.
    I have had the lag as Whatsapp scrolls down to the last message. But that was when I had paged up to view part of a conversation to confirm something. I exited Whatsapp. When I return to Whatsapp later on, that's when the lag happened.
    But, otherwise, none of what you are speaking about.
    It could be something that you brought with you when you moved all your items from one phone to another?
    Also, when was the last time you turned the power off on your phone? Try that.
    03-29-15 07:23 AM
    Hmmm. Thanks for the feedback guys. Very interesting. The apps don't lag when I open then from the actual app, and the text app never lags. It's just BBM really.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 07:30 AM
    ? I have no idea what you meaning but maybe shoot a video ? O and BBM sometimes lag when I get a lot of stickers from different people or groups but it's more like a hick up because my Phone get crazy from all the pings
    03-29-15 07:41 AM
    I know what the OP means.. sometimes when you open a conversation from Hub, specially BBM ones, it loads all the conversation line by line. Doesn't bother me though.. it takes few seconds

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-29-15 07:43 AM
    On all three of the BlackBerry 10 phones I've owned (Z10, Z31, and Passport), I've found that opening messages from the hub is just too much hassle, as the darn thing starts scrolling down for ages, stalling and lagging like mad. It's a real shame, and at first I thought it was just a bug - but on three phones?

Posted via CB10
    Z31 isn't launched yet...

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 07:45 AM
    I open messages from apps.cause yeah it scrolls a lot.but im fine with it.

Sent via CB10 from my BlackBerryElite
    03-29-15 07:49 AM
    I've experienced it constantly. If I open BBM from the hub, I have to wait for messages to lag and scroll way down to the bottom. It's been like this on more than one phone as I said. It takes about 10-15 seconds for it to actually get to go the bottom of the convo so that I can respond. This is on the Passport now, which surprised me, because it's supposed to be really sharp.

Posted via CB10
    I have experienced this too, but only with BBM and not every time. Basically you open a BBM from the hub and it starts at the beginning of the conversation and rapidly scrolls all the way down through the entire thing until it gets to the last message. It is super annoying, but I still use the hub anyway. If I'm in an active bbm conversion I will keep bbm open so it doesn't happen.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 07:50 AM
    Z31 isn't launched yet...

Posted via CB10
    OP means Z30.

denicoespadilla likes this.
    03-29-15 07:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    You haven't mentioned which OS you have installed, on all three devices. I know the exact effect you're experiencing. You open Hub, got to a message, and there's a shuffling effect with all the messages are fast scrolling, until he last comment appears. Then you're able to read through.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-29-15 07:53 AM
    You haven't mentioned which OS you have installed, on all three devices. I know the exact effect you're experiencing. You open Hub, got to a message, and there's a shuffling effect with all the messages are fast scrolling, until he last comment appears. Then you're able to read through.

Posted via CB10
    Doesnt matter what OS OP is on.it happened to my Q10,Z3,Z10 and Passport.

Mecca EL likes this.
    03-29-15 08:02 AM
    Did you restore from a backup on each phone?
    OP. Molly. This is the only question worth answering here.

If you restored from a backup, you need to reload your OS. This will resolve your issues
    03-29-15 08:09 AM
    Hub is the only place I access my messages from - all of them.

Pinch to filter, quick search, organized tabs...its a huge reason why BB10 is my favorite OS.
    03-29-15 08:29 AM
    OP. Molly. This is the only question worth answering here.

If you restored from a backup, you need to reload your OS. This will resolve your issues
    Not necessarily. I have three clean installs, that suffer through this event. Two Z10 - Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.281, and my Q10 exhibit this effect. Please don't say it's because I'm using a "leak" or beta. Hahahaha

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-29-15 08:29 AM
    I notice this with Sms messages. It's very annoying. It flashes and scrolls. Not cool

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 08:31 AM
    I only get that when I haven't been in a conversation for awhile and a lot of messages have been added. It just does it until it gets to the last message, no biggie for me.
    03-29-15 08:41 AM
78 123 ...