Hello all!

I have used portrait mode for most of my time using my device. In fact, I always keep 'rotation lock' enabled. Today, however, I found it to be really good watching a lengthy YouTube video in landscape mode using FastTube.

Do any of you use it regularly? Do any of you have 'rotation lock' disabled in quick settings?

PP SE - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    12-17-16 12:10 PM
    Well most of the time I keep the rotation option disabled, because it can get annoying sometimes if I leave it on, for example in BBM, hub, etc.
    I sometimes turn it on when I'm reading some content on websites, documents or YouTube (through the SuperTube app). That's about it, cause you can't type sideways
    12-17-16 12:55 PM
    Well most of the time I keep the rotation option disabled, because it can get annoying sometimes if I leave it on, for example in BBM, hub, etc.
    I sometimes turn it on when I'm reading some content on websites, documents or YouTube (through the SuperTube app). That's about it, cause you can't type sideways
    I know what you mean; certain screens such as active frames don't support landscape mode.

I hear it being said that the Passport isn't good for media consumption due to the aspect ratio of its display. However, I don't find that to be true. In fact, I quite enjoy watching videos on my PPSE.

joseanmx likes this.
    12-17-16 01:25 PM
    I like to use the keyboard as a scroll bar when reading a long article or document so I will hold horizontally.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-16 01:32 PM
    When I read something I keep it in landscape . When I am playing games, or just messing with some apps I usually keep it in portrait mode.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-16 02:46 PM
    I've found it useful sometimes when scrolling through a document, with a hand on the side instead of underneath.
    12-17-16 03:43 PM

I hear it being said that the Passport isn't good for media consumption due to the aspect ratio of its display. However, I don't find that to be true. In fact, I quite enjoy watching videos on my PPSE.

For those of us that love the Passport, the small compromise of having black bars sometimes is acceptable. I go into the 1:1 ratio from time to time, or zoom as I find appropriate, but I would dislike to go back to a less wide device now. Others might hate it (just look at the full touch screen/Q10/Classic crowd) but then again, everyone is free to make choices and we have picked what was right for us
    12-17-16 03:45 PM
    It's definitely good when you are reading a long article. Reader mode and keyboard for scrolling makes the Passport great for consuming articles!!!
    12-17-16 03:45 PM
    I love my pp for my old shows like the Prisoner and Seinfeld that are 4/3 anyway.

BB10 will outlast Android! Just you wait! Stage 1: denial
    12-17-16 03:47 PM
    i like netflix in horizontal since it is easier to hold
    12-17-16 03:51 PM
    I agree with what people are saying about reading long articles. I quite like being able to rotate my phone. The only use I might have for rotation lock is when I have the phone sitting flat (almost flat!) and the phone detects that it's tilted ever so slightly and flips the screen.

---={////]--[ Dispensed on my BlackBerry Passport 
    12-17-16 03:53 PM
    I always lock the screen too! But didn't realize how great it was to scroll in horizontal mode!! Reading a lengthy content is better in horizontal mode. Thanks for the tip. It's the little things that make this phone so great!!

Posted via CB10
    12-17-16 06:10 PM
    FYI the screen is square lol. Duh......
    What is the point?

The only time I use landscape mode is when I have it charging in the holster kickstand on my night table. Don't really use it for movies but if I did I would do the same on its side with the kickstand. Other than that there is no point and never do it.
    Looking back at other phones I've had I found it annoying flipping the phone around.
    This is just one more thing I've come to love about the Passport

Posted via CB10
    ahhhlain and anon(3732391) like this.
    12-17-16 08:03 PM
    I would imagine it is rare. With the square screen you gain no real estate and take the keyboard out of play.
    12-17-16 08:30 PM
    What is the point?
    Posted via CB10
    screen is square the phone isn't, more comfortable to hold phone with the keyboard resting against palm instead of "standing" on a few fingers
    12-17-16 09:49 PM
    I hold it in horizontal position just like when I hold a handgun horizontally during a shootout. Needless to say, it's much less stressful holding the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-16 11:24 PM
    What is the point?

The only time I use landscape mode is when I have it charging in the holster kickstand on my night table. Don't really use it for movies but if I did I would do the same on its side with the kickstand. Other than that there is no point and never do it.
    Looking back at other phones I've had I found it annoying flipping the phone around.
    This is just one more thing I've come to love about the Passport

Posted via CB10
    It's all about the ergonomics "duh"...
    Like others have said, it feels better in the hands when being held on its side for lengthy periods of time (watching YouTube videos and reading lengthy articles).

joseanmx and Blackerthanblack like this.
    12-18-16 04:26 AM
    I always keep it in landscape, when I use the browser. I find it much more comfortable for using the keyboard as a trackpad.
    12-18-16 11:07 AM
    It's all about the ergonomics "duh"...
    Like others have said, it feels better in the hands when being held on its side for lengthy periods of time (watching YouTube videos and reading lengthy articles).

I would like to make a note that the speakers are also on the bottom so if you were resting it in portrait on a kick stand or something the sound would bounce off the hard surface of the desk or table and reflect at you for best sound. I guess I could use landscape if I was using bluetooth for sound.

As far as holding, the device isn't that far off square still don't see the benefit but to each their own. Again you lose most of the benefits of the keyboard in landscape.

Just saying

Posted via CB10
    12-18-16 08:45 PM
    But the screen has a 1:1 aspect ratio, i.e. It's a square.
    12-18-16 10:29 PM
    A square is a square...no matter what angle you view it......

I am Donald Trump and I approve this message, I'm Hilary Clinton and I support this message, I'm Obama and I ratify the aforementioned, I am a highfalutin citizen and I rebuke EVERYTHING

Posted via CB10
    12-19-16 04:02 AM
    Only when charging and watching videos the same time

Posted via CB10
    12-19-16 07:54 AM
    A square is a square...no matter what angle you view it......

I am Donald Trump and I approve this message, I'm Hilary Clinton and I support this message, I'm Obama and I ratify the aforementioned, I am a highfalutin citizen and I rebuke EVERYTHING

Posted via CB10
    I thought political discussions aren't allowed in the forums.
    The_Passporter likes this.
    12-19-16 08:42 AM
    Turn the screen off for a second, lay your phone on its side and the wording of portrait and landscape will start to make sense.

Also, I've noticed that when I'm watching a video on landscape the fact that the sound is coming from the side doesn't make that much of a difference. Granted I watch videos laying in bed while everything is quiet.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-16 07:28 PM