I would rather not buy it if it does! Apple's Fingerprint ID May Mean You Can't 'Take the Fifth' | WIRED

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 01:57 PM
    It's not about the plan, it's about the phone itself. The newer iPhones have a fingerprint reader built in to the home button. Blackberries do not have this. It actually only gives the illusion of security as they are easily hacked.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 03:11 PM
    It's not about the plan, it's about the phone itself. The newer iPhones have a fingerprint reader built in to the home button. Blackberries do not have this. It actually only gives the illusion of security as they are easily hacked.

Posted via CB10
    Did you read the article? He's saying legally you can be compelled to provide your fingerprint where you don't for passwords. Makes a difference to those expecting the cops to want to read your phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 03:32 PM
    Did you read the article? He's saying legally you can be compelled to provide your fingerprint where you don't for passwords. Makes a difference to those expecting the cops to want to read your phone.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. If BlackBerry releases a smartphone with fingerprint unlock capability, I suggest filling it with "think of the children stuff" and slipping it into John Chen's pocket moments before he enters an airport. Call 9-1-1 and claim some Chinese man was giving candy to children in the lobby. The US Government, and other governments are not far behind, is out of control. The government ignore the constitution, the bill of rights, and any myriad of laws at its pleasure. The last time this occurred some uppity colonist in "America" led an armed insurrection against the King.
    11-01-14 03:39 PM