I'm pretty disappointed with the Android version of MS Office for phones. Can't access files on the device, only in the cloud, and can't do basic formatting. Even D2G has more features! Am I missing something with MS Office?

I need to be able to format text (like create headings), control fonts and paragraph spacing - pretty basic stuff. I also need to be able to insert pictures and graphs - something I gave up on with D2G.

However, there is a Word app for tablets - has anyone tried it on the Passport? Before I spend several frustrating hours trying to make it work, I thought I'd ask.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    03-06-15 11:47 AM
    I have used the version that you can download from the Amazon App store. It works pretty well. MUCH better than the Office version on my iPad.

I do not use any of them much but the times that I have used the Amazon version on my Passport it works great.

I usually only need to make additions to my documents from my OneDrive so advanced editing and and formatting is usually not needed for me.
    03-06-15 11:56 AM
    Thanks, but Microsoft apps are not in the Amazon app store, only on Google Play. I want Microsoft, everything else is pretty second rate. Kingsoft Office doesn't support the best features of the Passport keyboard (like swipe up to insert a word), and I haven't tried Office Pro due to bad reviews.

I had been waiting for 10.3.1 so that I could get the MS apps on the Passport. The limited functionality of the Office app is very disappointing. At least I have access to my OneNote records.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    03-06-15 12:38 PM
    so, download your microsoft version from Google play. The docs to go works reasonably well.
    03-06-15 08:29 PM