Hey guys... spent too much time with "how do I get (insert apk here) to work?"

It's annoying me a touch... and I got to wondering... what is it I really need from the Google/android side of things....

The biggest misses are the Google music and the Google movies... tbh I don't really watch films on my phone... I have an android TV box for that.... the Google music is a big miss and that's because I uploaded all my music so I can get it anywhere... I did manage to get it to work but get the Google services message all the time so is there any alternatives that I can use via BlackBerry that has a native app? I have over 20k tracks so being able to upload them somewhere to stream is kind of a benefit as I don't really want to keep my home pc on all the time...

There's a couple of remote apps... and most games I play generally have a BlackBerry version... whether the same or named something else...

If there's a native Google music streaming app type thing I should be good to go and uninstall the Google play store!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 07:17 AM
    Well what about using a cloud service to store your music? If you can use Google Music you surely use a cloud storage app, can't you?? I have stuff on Box & Dropbox that I can access.

Posted either with my Passport or Q5!
    11-18-15 07:38 AM
    Problem is the quantity of music I have... it's about 150gb!!

Just spoted something called mopidy... which is a music streaming client for raspberry pi.... just need to find a client for my phone!! Apparently works with Spotify... need to research a bit more...

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 08:30 AM
    Will a huge SD card do you any good?
    11-18-15 09:09 AM
    Might do... didn't realise how cheap they are now!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 05:46 PM
    And it would save you a lot on the data front.
    11-19-15 02:25 AM
    Well what about using a cloud service to store your music? If you can use Google Music you surely use a cloud storage app, can't you?? I have stuff on Box & Dropbox that I can access.

Posted either with my Passport or Q5!
    That's what I do. I use Groove for music streaming and music that isn't on Groove (yet) is being streamed from my OneDrive through the Groove Web Player and Android app (which I use on my PP). Works great!

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 01:19 AM
    Apps are mainly unnecessary or for juveniles. IPhone people love their phones for apps and games and Facebook crap. It's a cool toy for them and its become that for Android users. For me and my BlackBerry... I love my phone because I need it. It's an important tool for my work and my life. It's not a toy even though it's fun. I have less than 10 apps that I use and I have deleted many others.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 04:27 AM
    oops... forgot to post a reply!!! gone for the sd card route... there's a lot of stuff i don't actually listen to so decided to bin it!! bye bye google!!
    abdullah1982 likes this.
    11-28-15 06:07 AM
    Say goodbye to your annoyances!
    11-28-15 02:47 PM
    I use Google photos for cross platform access to pictures and Google Drive too.

- Is there a way to access Google Drive and / or Google Photos on Blackberry OS

If not I suppose I could move to a different platform (Onedrive?)
    11-28-15 03:19 PM