I will never buy from them again. I will deal with Amazon from now on! My passport is a week old the charger died on Wednesday. Shopblackberry can only refund my whole order. I'm not able or willing to wait while I send these back and wait for them to send new devices for a charger issue. My mother is in ICU right now and I will not go a week without a phone. I have messaged BlackBerry with absolutely no solution to this problem beside them telling me to contact shopblackberry.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 08:19 AM
    You can buy extra oem chargers. It is inexpensive
    06-29-15 08:24 AM
    I have many a charger but that is not the point.

Posted via CB10
    SpamHammer likes this.
    06-29-15 08:41 AM
    They offered you a solution stop winning. They want to make sure that the device did not cause the problem!

Via BlackBerry Passport
    06-29-15 08:46 AM
    If you send it back for a refund and buy new you will be dinged for shipping charges both ways.... much more expensive than buying a new charger..... just buy a new charger or use one of your existing ones.....

Posted via CB10
    SpamHammer likes this.
    06-29-15 08:49 AM
    They want to make sure that the device did not cause the problem!

Via BlackBerry Passport
    What you said is completely irrelevant. It's trivially easy for a company to ship a replacement device with a pre-paid postage return packaging specifically so that their customers aren't without a vital communications device for a service or warranty issue. Amazon does this, the carriers do this, the insurance company does this, etc.

This is unacceptable on BlackBerry's part. It's completely out of step with basic industry practices.

Besides, how much time/cost does it take for them to ship a simple charger? Just to maintain customer satisfaction, it would cost them FAAAAR less than binning a new, working device. It's a nonsensical request with bad math any way you look at it.
    06-29-15 09:03 AM
    I had a so so experience with shopblackberry as well. In summary, locked phone (couldn't do a security wipe). Anyways over the phone the guy made zero attempt to offer another phone while I sent mine back. I was transferred to another person who was going to do the RMA . Well, that was another joke. She asked what the problem was (one would think that the other guy told her) so I told her that the phone was fine but it needed to be unlocked and according to the tech there was no way. She then said "so you are sattisfied with the product but are having tech issues?). I was in disbelief. She wanted to transfer me again to the tech guy. Long story short, I told her I had been too long in the phone and I was drained so I just wanted to return the phone....the thing didn't stop here though. We returned the phone and they received it but I wouldn't see the reimbursed money on my account. Well, I had to call so the person would call another department to see if the phone was actually returned so she could reimburse my money. Ridiculous if you ask me... I believe Blackberry would definitely benefit from having their stock on Amazons hands. Amazon has the best service out there and they only take away a small percentage from each sale. Probably smaller than what Blackberry is paying these guys that do their mediocre phone service.
    06-29-15 09:05 AM
    I really do understand you. And I get what you're saying. It seems annoying.

And here comes the but: Does Amazon do any better? How do you assume it's possible to simply get a new charger?
    06-29-15 09:07 AM
    What you said is completely irrelevant. It's trivially easy for a company to ship a replacement device with a pre-paid postage return packaging specifically so that their customers aren't without a vital communications device for a service or warranty issue. Amazon does this, the carriers do this, the insurance company does this, etc.

This is unacceptable on BlackBerry's part. It's completely out of step with basic industry practices.

Besides, how much time/cost does it take for them to ship a simple charger? Just to maintain customer satisfaction, it would cost them FAAAAR less than binning a new, working device. It's a nonsensical request with bad math any way you look at it.
    I agree. They prefer a customer to walk out.
    06-29-15 09:08 AM
    I really do understand you. And I get what you're saying. It seems annoying.

And here comes the but: Does Amazon do any better? How do you assume it's possible to simply get a new charger?
    I am an huge amazon buyer. These people's service it's the best of the best. That's the reason they are doing so good. That's why people sell thru them. You can chat, email, call them or they will even call you. It's unreal. No questions asks when you want to return anything.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 10:41 AM
    I doubt Amazon will send you a separate charger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-29-15 11:38 AM
    I doubt Amazon will send you a separate charger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Seems like you are missing the point too. Even if Amazon dont send a separate charger, I bet you they provide options. I was not asking for a new phone when I contacted shopblackberry, i was willing to send the phone and get it unlocked, repaired, whatever they had to do and send it back. They never proposed that.
    06-29-15 12:05 PM
    By the way, the leap took 3 weeks to arrive.. 3 WEEKS...Got a phone through amazon, free 2 day shipping... The beauty of great service.
    06-29-15 12:07 PM
    Shop blackberry is a real pain in the bum.. I had my issues when trying to return my passport for a defective camera! I'll never buy from them again

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-29-15 12:12 PM
    Blackberry just called me and have made arrangements to send a replacement charger. That is the customer service that makes me proud to be a loyal BlackBerry owner.

Posted via CB10
    greenpoise likes this.
    06-29-15 12:16 PM
    Blackberry just called me and have made arrangements to send a replacement charger. That is the customer service that makes me proud to be a loyal BlackBerry owner.

Posted via CB10
    They used common sense!! and it worked..
    06-29-15 12:27 PM
    Wow sorry to hear this! I have had nothing but great experiences with sbb hope you were able to get something done by now.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 12:45 PM
    I ordered my Passport.. got it in 3 days. and all is good. I would order from shopBB again. But that's just me.
    06-29-15 01:07 PM
    The initial shipment was great 2 days no issue, it's what transpired after that. I'm a really understanding consumer when it come to tech. Electronics work one minute and not the next. With my mother in hospital I can not afford the time it takes to send back both phones, wait for them to verify then send out new ones.(all that time with no phones in the house) and what makes it more complex is that my old Z10 is locked to Virgin and I am now with Fido so no chance just getting a different sim card. But like I said BlackBerry has come though and made this situation better.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 01:46 PM
    Thank you BlackBerry

Disappointed with shopblackberry-img_20150630_095753.jpg

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 09:02 AM
    Thank you BlackBerry

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150630_095753.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	360146

Posted via CB10
    Excellent way to close the thread glad you got your replacement

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 09:17 AM
    Also makes me believe that BlackBerry may actually monitor these forums

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 11:06 AM
    Thread needs a title change.
    06-30-15 11:38 AM
    Thanks it would let me delete or change title.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 12:13 PM
    Thanks it would let me delete or change title.

Posted via CB10
    Lucky guy, you have to admit you were angry about this, suddenly you got a better treatment but would you recommend a friend to buy from shopblackberry.com?

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 12:30 PM
28 12