This weekend I am upgrading my Q10 for a passport or Classic. Two pretty different phones. Which one do I choose?

Let me know your opinion.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 12:51 PM
    The Passport. Don't worry about the keyboard, you get used to it quickly. And the beefed up Passport specs over the Classic's makes it worth the extra money.
    tfitzpat03 likes this.
    01-29-15 12:54 PM
    I am a bit worried about the keyboard. But I also like trying new things.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 12:57 PM
    I have a Q10, and if I had to choose a new phone, it will be the Passport. There isn't such a big gap between Q10 and Classic, but the Passport seems like a whole new world.

It's all about what are your needs. I suggest - if you can - to try both devices in store. A priori, the Passport is a real piece of art.
    01-29-15 12:59 PM
    I have a Q10, and if I had to choose a new phone, it will be the Passport. There isn't such a big gap between Q10 and Classic, but the Passport seems like a whole new world.

It's all about what are your needs. I suggest - if you can - to try both devices in store. A priori, the Passport is a real piece of art.
    Thanks. Not al lot of shops carrying the BlackBerry's in the Netherlands. Will look for one though.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 01:06 PM
    Anyday Passport!!

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 01:09 PM
    You want the passport there is nothing like it! Took about a week to get use to keyboard but now I am a master! And you will be too Daniel son

Posted via CB10
    nobbynobrains and Onno77 like this.
    01-29-15 01:24 PM
    If you have a tablet then classic...if not, passport.

Posted via CB10
    Onno77 likes this.
    01-29-15 01:35 PM
    Are you upgrading through a store, or going to buy online? I mentioned this in another thread - I was on the phone with Shop BlackBerry, and he said to check back the first week of February for some new promotional pricing. I'm not sure how much merit to give this, but if you're buying online, maybe give it a couple of more days to see if there is any truth to this.
    wtj likes this.
    01-29-15 01:40 PM
    If listening phone is your major task
    If you used to Q10 keyboards
    If you like typing one hand
    If you never mind camera, specs, 3GB ram
    If you want slight upgraded Q10
    If you don't care bigger screen
    If you don't want people to say you 'what is this' 'will this fit in your pocket' 'how huge it is' 'what the hell' 'is it new tablet from BlackBerry '
    If you think you reall miss tool belt
    If you do text in the bed

Go ahead get classic

]|I{�------� ѕєηт �яσм му  ραѕѕρσят. �------�}I|[
    Onno77, BullGuard8 and tagumcity like this.
    01-29-15 01:46 PM
    Are you upgrading through a store, or going to buy online? I mentioned this in another thread - I was on the phone with Shop BlackBerry, and he said to check back the first week of February for some new promotional pricing. I'm not sure how much merit to give this, but if you're buying online, maybe give it a couple of more days to see if there is any truth to this.
    Okay thanks. Was going to buy online. Maybe it is a good idea.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 02:08 PM
    My initial choice was going to be the Classic after I used a friend's. It just reminded me so much of my beloved Bold 9900 which was always my favourite BlackBerry device even after owning a Z10, Q10 and Z30.

But then I started researching both the Classic and Passport and ultimately chose the Passport. Won't lie, the keyboard was a bit off putting at first. But once you get used to it you'll realize how great it is and you won't want to go back. Plus, the screen size is way better for content consumption and emails, texts, etc. And the power behind it gives such an amazing user experience. Plus, can't beat the battery life.

Get the Passport and give yourself time to adapt and re-learn BlackBerry typing and once you do you'll be pleasantly surprised by how magnificent this device is. It's now my favourite BlackBerry to date with the Bold 9900 my definite second favourite and that's saying something considering how much I loved the 9900!

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    01-29-15 02:37 PM
    My initial choice was going to be the Classic after I used a friend's. It just reminded me so much of my beloved Bold 9900 which was always my favourite BlackBerry device even after owning a Z10, Q10 and Z30.

But then I started researching both the Classic and Passport and ultimately chose the Passport. Won't lie, the keyboard was a bit off putting at first. But once you get used to it you'll realize how great it is and you won't want to go back. Plus, the screen size is way better for content consumption and emails, texts, etc. And the power behind it gives such an amazing user experience. Plus, can't beat the battery life.

Get the Passport and give yourself time to adapt and re-learn BlackBerry typing and once you do you'll be pleasantly surprised by how magnificent this device is. It's now my favourite BlackBerry to date with the Bold 9900 my definite second favourite and that's saying something considering how much I loved the 9900!

Posted via CB10
    Awesome, thanks. Probably will be passport reading all your responses.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 02:40 PM
    personally with my passport i can get 2 days battery out of it and play games like a champ when im bored it does everything i need and will never go back. keyboard takes some time to get used to but for me only took about 2-3 days before i stopped noticing it and now find it odd to go back to the classic type.
    Onno77 likes this.
    01-29-15 03:07 PM
    (Red) Passport!

Posted via CB10
    Onno77 likes this.
    01-29-15 03:16 PM
    I went to the Passport from the Z30 and will tell you the excellent hardware in this phone makes a huge difference in the way the OS feels and operates. Takes a couple days to get used to the keyboard but I think the Passport is worth the effort. You are not going to do many tasks one handed on the phone but the overall user experience is like no BlackBerry I've ever had. Mine is running the latest leak but the phone has been great since new. I have not seen or used a classic but can highly recommend the Passport!

Passport on AT&T
    tfitzpat03 and Avenzuno like this.
    01-29-15 03:19 PM
    I went to the Passport from the Z30 and will tell you the excellent hardware in this phone makes a huge difference in the way the OS feels and operates. Takes a couple days to get used to the keyboard but I think the Passport is worth the effort. You are not going to do many tasks one handed on the phone but the overall user experience is like no BlackBerry I've ever had. Mine is running the latest leak but the phone has been great since new. I have not seen or used a classic but can highly recommend the Passport!

Passport on AT&T
    Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 03:28 PM
    I have a Passport & would suggest the classic. The three row keyboard isn't for everyone. Most seem to adapt just fine but some do not, including myself.

Posted via CB10
    Onno77 likes this.
    01-29-15 03:37 PM
    I decided to get the Passport when I heard they delayed the Classic for at least two months. So I bought the big phone, after reading lots of reviews and watching countless of videos.

One thing is for sure: The Passport is a unique experience for the user, thanks to the screen, the unusual form factor and the new keyboard. Whether that experience works out for you or not is hard to tell prior trying the phone yourself and using it for a couple of weeks.

While the Passport is a great device, I actually also bought the Classic early this month. It didn't take even half a day before knowing the Classic will replace my Passport. It just works better for me, and it is more what I expect from *my* phone compared to the Classic.

The Classic is a decent upgrade over the Q10, which I also bought once it got released, even though it is not a performance related upgrade. The larger LCD screen and the redesigned keyboard are IMO number one reasons alone to make the switch worth it. Whether it is worth the money or not is questionable for sure.

Posted via CB10
    tagumcity and Vintage123 like this.
    01-29-15 04:03 PM
    I have a Passport & would suggest the classic. The three row keyboard isn't for everyone. Most seem to adapt just fine but some do not, including myself.

Posted via CB10
    I have the Passport and the Classic.

for daily and abuse use....Classic, writing emails with that keyboard without looking at it , superb battery and fast enough...

if you re focused in browsing, looking at that incredible display and have in mind more interest of specs...then passport.

I prefer the classic

regards
    01-29-15 04:07 PM
    I had a same dilemma and ended up buying both LOl!!!

Via BlackBerry Classic OS 10.3.1.1450 on Blazing Fast T-Mobile 4GLTE.
    01-29-15 04:20 PM
    If you want to use a BlackBerry that is awesome and refreshed with different and innovative aspects, than get the passport. If you'd like to stick with what you know, get the Classic. The classic will be very similar to what your q10 offers obviously, with the exception of your tool belt.

I personally have the passport. I love it! I am also very interested in the Classic because I like the look of it. Even though I like the classic as well, I don't regret my passport purchase.
    Onno77 and Hulk123 like this.
    01-29-15 05:01 PM
    Passport! It brings better value for the price you pay IMHO... after 10.3.1 is released to Q10, the tool belt will be the only upgrade you get by upgrading to Classic. I know that might be a great upgrade for some users, but not for me.

Upgrading to Passport however, is a completely different story. The upgrade comes from many aspects. If you can adapt to the form factor, it would be a no brainer.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    Onno77 likes this.
    01-29-15 06:21 PM
    Decisions, decisions... sounds like a new tag line for Blackberry.
    01-29-15 06:22 PM
    I'd say passport. I was honestly on the verge of returning it hours after I got it because it's truly a different experience. I'd say get it on amazon, give it at least 10 days, and if it doesn't meet your needs you can return it free of charge. It's truly the best phone I've ever owned and I've probably had over 50 phones including samsung galaxy note 2,3 and pretty much every iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    BBRYQ10 likes this.
    01-29-15 06:26 PM
71 123